14 9.1%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Wonder if it ever crossed your mind
That what we had was really unbelievable, unbeatable, a miracle
Why'd you have to go and mess it up?
Why'd you have to make what was unbreakable shakable, unsavable?
And now it's too late to cross your fingers
I'm wide awake and not a dreamer
Hate it, but it seems the dreams were never true
For a little while the fates were with us
Wonder why they had to turn against us
I could make a wish, but there is no use

I can feel
Even though I'm numb
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I don't need a crystal ball to show me
Baby, it is plain that you don't know me
When it comes to you I'm better off alone (Better off alone)
I don't need a crystal ball to make me
Realize that if I stay you'll break me
Every sign is saying I should be gone
I should be gone

Thought I had a cloud over my head
It had to be my fault that it kept raining down
Until now, I figured out
That if I had the nerve to say goodbye
I could look for clearer skies up over head
Weather says sun instead

I should be gone

I can feel (Even though I'm numb)
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see (I can feel)
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I should be gone​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
I am so obsessed with this song right now, so much energy in this power schlager and his voice.

Last year's cheese was already saved by his amazing voice. This year the song is actually quite nice and his voice is the whipped cream on top of it.

tuorem

TALINN 2022
I had not seen the live performance. That was... really good?! :oops:

He upped his game staging-wise: the LED backgrounds, the bits of pre-recorded videos, the chains... Even the color scheme is on point, for the song definitely requires cold hues imo. Also, I like that he is alone on stage, we don't get off-topic props or a cheesy couple of interpretative dancers in the background.

Vocally, he sounded competent. I don't know if it's because he was very focused or into the song, but he looked more humble and human than the "icy Ken" realness he used to give me the last couple of years.

ERR definitely has a solid base to work on visually imo. They may tweak and fine-tune whatever they want, but please keep the color scheme and do not add dancers. Aitäh.

Ezio

Veteran
He sounded absolutely great, which makes Denmark sound horrible, if you listen to it next.

JamieBrown

Just came to say I haven't listened to the winner's song, but gave a chance to the other finalists, as Eesti Laul once was a cool, diverse selection I could enjoy, even if most songs are not fitting to my usual songs. Now what is left of that? There are like 75 % male pop ballads and I assume the winner is more or less the same (maybe minus the ballad part). From the rest of this final there are female artists, going actually also for cleansed pop stuff, I hardly find any living soul in. That leaves me with Jüri Pootsmann, Egert Milder and Redel. Could enjoy Egert Milder because it's more folksy at least. Had some enjoyable seconds with Redel, but was still left overly annoyed, so only act I'd have hoped for is Jüri as well. But once again, what happened to Eesti Laul? It's like Melfest 2.0 -_-

EDIT: To explain why I haven't listened to Uku so far. I'll wait for the live stagings in May to try having an unbiased oppinion about the songs. Only exceptions are known from the other threads...

Loindici

Veteran
The Lucky One, might truly be a lucky one.

Out of Uku's other entries, this is something I'm okay with. The production is great on this one, the percussions hit on the right spot on the song, the melody is also better than 'What Love Is', which is a total relief. Maybe I'm not really okay with the number of vocal layers in it, it's way too much and we already have a heavy layering since the first verse, kind of a way to abolish the pre-recording rules, isn't it? The melody and the way Uku sings somehow reminds me of John Lundvik (especially the bridge), and I can actually imagine John singing 'The Lucky One'.

The staging have improved from the semifinal to final, but I feel it'll be a harder job to recreate the same thing at the Rotterdam stage. I'm curious if there will be a significant chang e or they'll keep the same elements with what they had in the final.

:8: ? Am I too generous? It's good and does not offend me in any way. Good luck, Uku!

Realest

Uku flopped hard with the Juries. 8th/12 Place in the Semi.
In the Superfinal he won with around 46%.
Last Year he had 70%.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Last Year he had 70%.

which is weird to say the least. I mean I still hate this song, but it was better than last year.. it's true that the competition was harder this year. but yeah I mean to come 8th/12th in an Eesti Laul semi - tragic to say the least.. he'll not qualify at esc.

crashworld

Veteran
Last Year he had 70%.

Wow, Gram-O-Fun was no. 3 on the second round of televoting.
So close to qualify to the finals, but then again, it would have never won.

FilipFromSweden

I must say that the lyrics are 10/10 and the song is something I'd love to listen to on the radio while driving, but the overall melody doesn't get a grip

:6: because strong lyrics

crashworld

Veteran
I really hate the estonian voting system.. especially the superfinal concept..

I do agree, I find the superfinal concept pretty silly though. But I guess it's just to generate more money.
But what do you hate about the Estonian voting system? I thought it's actually alright.
Letting the public to select 2 more entries they prefer from the "left-overs".

Iker

Veteran
He sounded absolutely great, which makes Denmark sound horrible, if you listen to it next.
Yeah ... and people dared to complain about Uku's vocals, yeah there were some minor issues but it's nothing compared to what was going on with that Danish song live. I mean the vocalist was off the key like almost 50% of time during much easier song.

alyrin

I really hate the estonian voting system.. especially the superfinal concept..
the only reason we have a superfinal is because of m o n e y, and it's highly unlikely that we will get rid of it any time soon (especially not with our current terrible HoD, who recently said that he wants even MORE songs competing at eesti laul)

Realest

With the Melfest-Votingsystem Uku would have won as well.

laululind

Well, Uku would have won this year anyway, even without the superfinal. :LOL: Since they probably would have used televote scores as the deciding factor. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the superfinal myself. On one hand, it's kind of nice to have the televoters get the final say.. on the other, it does makes the jury somewhat useless. Talking about juries tho', the differences between the local one and international one are pretty big! Sissi was only 7th in the semi jury ranking, but won the entire thing in the final. She did have a better performance there, but still. And Wingman was 11th in the semi ranking and second in the final... with the exact same performance no less! :LOL: I guess not all juries have the same taste, but this is a bit extreme.

tararaaam

Not a bad song, but definitely a downgrade from last year. Moreover, the vocals are quite weak at parts, it is quite clear he is heavily supported by backing vocals at some points. I guess its a 5 from me.

Top Bottom