14 9.1%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Wonder if it ever crossed your mind
That what we had was really unbelievable, unbeatable, a miracle
Why'd you have to go and mess it up?
Why'd you have to make what was unbreakable shakable, unsavable?
And now it's too late to cross your fingers
I'm wide awake and not a dreamer
Hate it, but it seems the dreams were never true
For a little while the fates were with us
Wonder why they had to turn against us
I could make a wish, but there is no use

I can feel
Even though I'm numb
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I don't need a crystal ball to show me
Baby, it is plain that you don't know me
When it comes to you I'm better off alone (Better off alone)
I don't need a crystal ball to make me
Realize that if I stay you'll break me
Every sign is saying I should be gone
I should be gone

Thought I had a cloud over my head
It had to be my fault that it kept raining down
Until now, I figured out
That if I had the nerve to say goodbye
I could look for clearer skies up over head
Weather says sun instead

I should be gone

I can feel (Even though I'm numb)
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see (I can feel)
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I should be gone​

Last edited by a moderator:

gingerale

Yay Uku! The song is just so catchy I can't help myself. And I think I'm not the only one. Hoping for a different staging though.

Could be one of the "WTF why is this placed so high" moments.

BernadetteCydonia

I like this a lot more than I should, but I do, I do.

:7: points. I think he qualifies in that semifinal too, actually. In the first he would be borderline, in the second one, which is still open he could defo snag one of the 10 slots.
Boris liking Uku Suviste's entry but not liking Ana Soklič's one in 2021. Well well how the turntables????

rasmuslights

Veteran
I'm giving this a 3. I won't pretend that this is the worst thing I've heard. But it's also so generic, quite dated and I can't stand Uku's vocals. And I'm happy we finally got rid of him and next year Estonia will send something better:)

and also we've seen that juries won't like this. If it came 7th in Eesti Laul imagine his position at esc hahah

HayashiM

Veteran
My faves were Sissi and Koit, but I am glad at least we have another returning 2020 act.

I don't see that much difference compared to the last year, honestly... Once again an intriguing staging, once again dreamy cheese that in Uku's case doesn't do much for me, but at least the arrangements got better. Are we perhaps ranking higher because we already got used to his level?

All in all, I will give a :6:, but I can imagine very little potential for growth. Had :ee: been in the first semi, I'd say they are dead on arrival, now I see Uku somewhere around the borderline.

Last edited:

laululind

and also we've seen that juries won't like this. If it came 7th in Eesti Laul imagine his position at esc hahah

Well, our weird half-American international jury might not have exactly the the same taste, who knows. :unsure: Storm was 9th out of 12 in the IJ ranking in 2019 and everyone was predicting Victor would bomb hard with the Eurovision juries too, but he still managed to scrape into jury top 10 in the semi. :LOL: Hardly a great achievement, but not the disaster Eesti Laul jury results would have predicted. But we'll have a better idea once we know all the songs & see how many jury baits there are.

hawadharma

OK :ROFLMAO: I legit think that I am now time travelling.. to the past :ROFLMAO:

rasmuslights

Veteran
Well, our weird half-American international jury might not have exactly the the same taste, who knows. :unsure: Storm was 9th out of 12 in the IJ ranking in 2019 and everyone was predicting Victor would bomb hard with the Eurovision juries too, but he still managed to scrape into jury top 10 in the semi. :LOL: Hardly a great achievement, but not the disaster Eesti Laul jury results would have predicted. But we'll have a better idea once we know all the songs & see how many jury baits there are.

i did like Victor way more than Uku though.

Fluke

Congratulations to 6th place in the weakest Melodifestivalen semi! :p

laululind

i did like Victor way more than Uku though.

I think Victor was more charismatic on stage, Uku's more of a static pretty boy. :unsure: And Storm might have been a bit more instant as a song. Uku probably has better vocals tho'. In any case, general reception to both songs was pretty similar - bland MOR stuff that will be bottom of the semi and flop with juries. Victor managed to defy these expectations (to the chagrin of many angry fans :LOL:), we'll have to see what Uku can (or can't) manage.

In any case, I think our "top 10 every 3 years" streak has moved ahead one year due to 2020 ESC being cancelled. Even if Uku can sneak in the final, top 10 definitely seems too lofty a goal. :LOL: Unless Kirkorov showers him with money and they come up with some never-before-seen staging. Have Uku floating around in an actual tank of water on stage? :unsure: Might make singing a little hard tho'. :D

NemesisNick

This evening I watched, from the UK, the online catch-up edition of the Estonian national final, Eesti Laul 2021, which was first shown yesterday evening. My intention to watch that tonight explains why I did all I could not to find out the results of Eesti Laul 2021 Final late last night or daytime today. The three songs which advanced to to the Super Final were Uku Suviste "The Lucky One", Sissi "Time" and Jüri Pootsmann "Magus melanhoolia". Interestingly I ranked those entries 6th, 5th and 10th respectively. The overall winner was Uku Suviste "The Lucky One". Uku Suviste was due to represent Estonia at last year's Eurovision Song Contest, which was cancelled, with the song "What Love Is". Congratulations to Uku Suviste for winning Eesti Laul 2021 Final with "The Lucky One"; in effect he has won his place back, after last year's ESC was cancelled. Personally I'm a bit disappointed with "The Lucky One". To me some parts of "The Lucky One" sound fairly similar to the chorus and bridge of "What Love Is", whereas other parts are totally different; all in all, "The Lucky One" seems a bit of a mess really. As far as staging goes, I liked the clouds and lightning on the background screens early on, but I'm mystified for the need to create the swimming pool effect at certain points in the song. Well done also to the other eleven finalists for getting that far, and to those who were eliminated in the semi-finals in February.

This means Uku Suviste will represesnt Estonia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2021 with "The Lucky One". Estonia will perform in the first half of the Second Semi-Final on 20 May 2021. The United Kingdom votes in that semi-final. I must admit, I wasn't overly keen on any of the twelve finalists in Eesti Laul 2021, so whichever song had won, I have my doubts as to whether or not I would have wanted to have voted for Estonia's entry in the ESC 2021 Second Semi-Final. Time will tell whether or not Estonia qualifies for the ESC Grand Final. Good luck to Uku Suviste at Eurovision anyway.

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
@94ayd @Nicholas123

What is that funny, sorry? :confused:

Can you tell us, I want to have a good laugh too..:cool:

Do I laugh to your rankings maybe?

If this site really becomes such a place, then it seems it's not for me any more TBH... :( :confused:

wtf

Unless Kirkorov showers him with money and they come up with some never-before-seen staging. Have Uku floating around in an actual tank of water on stage? :unsure: Might make singing a little hard tho'. :D
I could see the chains being replaced by the rain effect, like Wiktoria 2019. :unsure: But they'll probably keep most of his staging the same, the reception has been very good.

SAYAY

I love that Uku got a 2nd chance, but I am not fully loving the song. But he has a great voice no doubt.
:3: points from me to Estonia xrose

Top Bottom