14 9.1%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Wonder if it ever crossed your mind
That what we had was really unbelievable, unbeatable, a miracle
Why'd you have to go and mess it up?
Why'd you have to make what was unbreakable shakable, unsavable?
And now it's too late to cross your fingers
I'm wide awake and not a dreamer
Hate it, but it seems the dreams were never true
For a little while the fates were with us
Wonder why they had to turn against us
I could make a wish, but there is no use

I can feel
Even though I'm numb
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I don't need a crystal ball to show me
Baby, it is plain that you don't know me
When it comes to you I'm better off alone (Better off alone)
I don't need a crystal ball to make me
Realize that if I stay you'll break me
Every sign is saying I should be gone
I should be gone

Thought I had a cloud over my head
It had to be my fault that it kept raining down
Until now, I figured out
That if I had the nerve to say goodbye
I could look for clearer skies up over head
Weather says sun instead

I should be gone

I can feel (Even though I'm numb)
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see (I can feel)
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I should be gone​

Last edited by a moderator:

laululind

Perhaps Uku will appeal to some European grannies as well. :LOL: And get a few extra points for being eye candy. Would certainly come in handy!

Come to think of it, the international juries probably voted based on the semi performances anyway. :unsure: Wonder if Uku would have scored a place or two higher with the final staging. Maybe all those blurry effects gave the juries a headache and they were like.. nah! :LOL: Well, at least the final performance was less dark & distracting, so if Eurovision ends up being a clip-show, it won't look too bad. But hopefully they'll get the chance to polish it up some more & perform on stage in Rotterdam. :)

Mrm

Veteran
And what is wrong with Estonian grannies?

They are not humans?

Mrm

Veteran
the elderly group of people are my favourite demographic, with that being said, they do have the worst taste in music haha :)
I don't agree, the bad taste doesn't exist.. :)

NemesisNick

The Estonian national final, Eesti Laul 2021, was one of four Eurovision Song Contest 2021 national finals which took place on the evening of Saturday 6 March 2021. I watched Eesti Laul 2021 Final on demand online from the UK the next evening (Sunday 7 March 2021), and ranked all twelve finalists on My Eurovision Scoreboard during the show. Here is a video with my opinions on the twelve finalists from twelfth to first as to my ranking in My Eurovision Scoreboard, not the order of performance.

ESC94

Well, I back in 2020 I really didn´t like Uku and his entry, this year while I´m still not crazy about it´s a much better effort. The melody still is on my mind even 10 minutes later, something I didn´t expect, I kinda like the 80s influence as well. He also appears more likable than last year in my opinion.

All in all I give :ee: solid :6:. :)

tuorem

just found out that estonian grandmas made an uku fan group on facebook that has almost 2000 members um
Grandmas too want some... sugar®️. @VasilijeM you've got competition.

tenor.gif

Seriously though, there is no such thing as the elderly having worse tastes than younger people imo. When it is our turn, we'll be called out on our antiquated preferences the same way. :D It's a generational thing.

Iker

Veteran
Grandmas too want some... sugar®️. @VasilijeM you've got competition.

tenor.gif

Seriously though, there is no such thing as the elderly having worse tastes than younger people imo. When it is our turn, we'll be called out on our antiquated preferences the same way. :D It's a generational thing.

For me grandmas music is much better than 80% of mainstream now. All those Ariande Grandes, Rita Oras are awful! At least those old songs have good melodies most of the time.

Looren

Veteran
I love this song more and more after each listening, I think that I start to love it as much as "What Love Is" ? That's really a masterpiece !

Realest

Last Year i was very sure he would qualify and cause a huge Upset among the Fandom, but this Time, I expect a 12th Place in the Semi. Hope Im wrong.

• Like It
Reactions: wtf

laululind

Last Year i was very sure he would qualify and cause a huge Upset among the Fandom, but this Time, I expect a 12th Place in the Semi. Hope Im wrong.

Yeah, now that we know all but 1 song from semi 2, I'm a bit unsure about his chances. :unsure: Last year's song, in all it's cheesy glory, had appeal to specific audience. This year's song is better overall, but might be a bit too nondescript to stand out, could get lost among other songs. Might not have the necessary hook to get enough people voting. I wouldn't say it's hopeless, but I could certainly see the 12th place scenario happening. :unsure:

It's probably too late to change things around, but I do wish they could somehow punch up the ending a bit. Add some more orchestration or even a key change, something to perk the viewers up. If they get the chance to stage it in Rotterdam, perhaps they can come up with some eye-catching visuals. The ones in the EL final were fine, but I feel it needs a little more to elevate it, that extra something to bring it from "it's okay" to "yeah, I'll vote for that!" :LOL: Come up with some clever gimmick to better his odds of standing out. Not that he's likely to achieve too much in the final if he barely even makes it there, but hey.. would still be more fun to tune in on Saturday. :D And nice for Uku if, after finally making it to Eurovision, he doesn't immediately flunk out in the semi. :LOL: Wonder if he'll be more inclined to try again sooner if that happens? :unsure: Like.. I must get there again, surely I can do better! :LOL:

tuorem

It's probably too late to change things around, but I do wish they could somehow punch up the ending a bit. Add some more orchestration or even a key change
sheree-hell-to-the-no-gif.gif

The song is already considered dated to some extent by many (if not everybody), now is not the time to hammer it home with a cheesy key change. :LOL: Just look at "Voices" and "Set Me Free", did that make the songs better? Personally, I don't think so.

To me, "The Lucky One" is fine as is, they could up their game staging-wise though.

Ezio

Veteran
out of my five favorite songs, I get the least tired of binging this song

Top Bottom