Contact us

ESC 2010 FINAL - DISCUSSION

Samb

I don't know if I could vote twenty times :lol:

djh013

Lets all be honest.

There were a lot of good songs this year, and any one from about 15 could have won it (so hoping for Denmark or Romania to win)

I do obviously exclude our dire UK entry this year. Deservedly last.

Was well sung. Just a very very very very very very crap song.

No one has to give votes for Turkey. Or for any other. If you like a song, you may vote for it. Or if you have good relationship with a country and also you liked their song a bit, you vote. That's all.

I don't think it's about politics. Yes every country gives some political votes but it doesn't make that country winner. If it would be about politics only, there can't be different winners every year.

I don't like Satellite, I'd prefer Romania as the winner. But I don't think that Turkey or Romania lost their chances to win because of politics. It seems that European people liked Satellite more.

Congratulations all countries and singers who worked so hard.

Bonnie

scami said:
Yes, this is right, and among the people that do watch the show, many choose not to vote (this year I'm the only one that voted, from all the people I know wathcing the show :D )
An explanation for it could be the higher cost, in Spain, an SMS was 1,39eur, and a call even more, while in Germany for example, the call was 0,14eur and an SMS 0,20eur.... No comments!!!
If I'd be living in Germany, I would vote 20 times every year :D

Oh! It's too expensive of Spain's and it's too cheap of Germany's! Why aren't there a certain balance?! Here in Turkey, €0.60 for both.

Deltage

AlexG

wittgenstein said:
starvinmarvin said:
Got the bad feeling that the ESC 2011 will be in Hamburg or Munich and not in Berlin, our capital and more interesting city! :x

no no no. please berlin 2011!!!

They discussed this issue on German TV today and it seems there'll be a sort of "competition" for the right to host it, but Hannover is seen as a strong contender as Lena is from there and it was Expo City in 2000, so lots of exhibition halls just waiting to be used. Leipzig was also discussed, as it's got lots of venues too, but knowing the Germans, they'll go for something totally original, like a huge square or park, and make a whole national event out of it. If it's anything like their World Cup in 2006, it'll be the best Eurovision ever :!: :!:

Milos-BC

Ok, my impression (in short :p )

Germany won fair and square :D Totally deserved. Even though I found the song "just ok", yesterday she really gave an outstanding performance and just nailed the stage. She deserved my vote totally :D I thought Turkey will win the contest, but they ended up on the great second place. Also very deserved.

Romania, Armenia, Greece, Belgium, France were all awesome, and deserved their great results (France deserved even the top 10). Denmark was a bit worse than in the semi, I didn't see them in the top 5, but well done.

Russia was very overrated, I think they should've ended somewhere in the top 5, songwise, and not one step to top 10! Ireland is definetly this year's Chiara :( Deserved soooooo much better. UK - as predict, last place. Josh is a great performer, and really gave his best but the song is really extremely bad. Spain - I liked both performances, and I didn't even notice that random guy on the stage :lol: :lol: :lol: I thought he was a part of the performance too :lol: :lol: :lol: He will get in ESC history definetly looool.

Overall, very good impression, and better than Moscow edition. The first semi left me rather cold, but the second semi was better, and now the final was REALLY good :cool:

See you next year in Germany! Can't wait :D

hawadharma

Congratulations Germany!

The girl added attitude to the song, and she is very cute. Well done Germany.
If Germany joins one of the semifinals, she would've been one of my predicted top 10.

Turkey would be a better winner if it wins, but Europe doesn't think so.

And I'm very sad with Ukraine's bad placing.

Samb

Have you people seen this?

I don't think it matters that much. I love live performances like Eurovision because we see the true live singer, but I didn't notice much of the mistakes to be honest. I thought Serbia was pretty okay!

We can't have winners based on how 100% they can get it, it has to be a mixture of the performance and song for me.

ixic

a cool (little bit evil) article from one Croatian portal (I have translated it). btw, i share most of that opinion.

Graduate in usual dress won over the tradition of kitsch

German Lena won even without orgies on the scene, in black mini dress, but mean ask themselves what was German in that song. Other are making fun of it: it was Nena, now it’s Lena.

World media do not accidently call Lena Mayer Landrut as „wunderkind“ from Hannover! Absolutely infamous until her performance at ESC 2010, where she superiorly took the victory last night, Lena is a miracle in many ways.

Her young beauty and strong self-confidence last night didn’t need anything else except good make up and simple black mini dress to collect the largest amount of points. Unlike some other performers, she didn’t get them for political or good-neighbour reasons, or burying the hatchet, as was the case with Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia who ritually changed high points.

Performance of Serbian singer Stankovi? has united his undetermined sexuality with musical recycle-bin of Goran Bregovi?. “Come on, this is Balkan!”. Gimme a break…

From a musical point of view, Eurosong looked as somebody has cut repertoire with an axe and divided it on ballads and other songs. It was clear that ballads were breaking womens’ and gays’ heart because they were performed by too handsome guys. Israeli Harel Skaat was the cutest, and additionally - the best dressed. Jeans, delicate white shirt and jacket was a recipe for success. Better than “guitar-sexual” Tom Dice of Belgium, who’s been wearing blue shirty and vest, while he was seducing his guitar with a song – “Me and My Guitar”.

Many of stars played on card of fashion safeness. For instance, Safura of Azerbaijan in dress with mini and maxi length, with some nuances of summer blue. Much more exciting was dress of Alyosha of Ukraine, graphically finished with red stripes. It was near some art-fashion and costume design which has been dragged onto scene by great Romanians, maybe even Turks, but definitely not by Moldavians.

But all that was much better than nebulous mixture of ethnical look, tribal energy and touch of trendy fashion, shown by self imperative Greeks. Anyway, it worked for them.

Irish Cavanagh and Icelander Hera Bjork sing so good so it is absolutely unimportant which clothes they are wearing. Huge Bjork looked like a volcano wrapped with tonnes of silk by artist Christo. Who cares!

:mrgreen:

I think the star of Eurovision 2010 is Jimmy Jump! :D He is the man! :lol: I didn't know him before he jumped to the stage last night but after i learned his career( :lol: ), now I'm a big fan of him :D

scami

Samb said:
Have you people seen this?

I don't think it matters that much. I love live performances like Eurovision because we see the true live singer, but I didn't notice much of the mistakes to be honest. I thought Serbia was pretty okay!

We can't have winners based on how 100% they can get it, it has to be a mixture of the performance and song for me.

No, I totally agree with you. I just found it interesting, because I can never say if they are offkey (well maybe when it is really really obvious :) ), and with all the comments on the forums about who did it ok and who didn't...

Top Bottom