Contact us

ESC 2010 FINAL - DISCUSSION

MyHeartIsYours

I dont even get arrenmania why you are annoyed!! TURKEY CAME SECOND!! I will happily swap Turkey's placing with Norway's if your not happy! :lol:

Deltage

iI think it's actually true to some degree that some countries simply don't vote for some other countries, but I don't think it's political. They probably just don't pay that much attention to countries that aren't their neighbors or whose music they aren't familiar with.

ParadiseES

darrenmania said:
Samb said:
Well sorry for saying that. I'm still eager to hear your opinions on your own supposed 'political bias' and what you think of Spain.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spain don't know us, don't want to know us . They just gave tiny points in the past.

And If we do not send a very very special song ( a definite winner for eurovision such as fairytale) they will never give a good point to us. I can swear on it!

It must be because kebabs here are not made by Turks and they give us digestive problems. Send some people to make REAL kebabs and it will be 12 points for you every year.

Seriously, get a life!!!

darrenmania

Deltage said:
iI think it's actually true to some degree that some countries simply don't vote for some other countries, but I don't think it's political. They probably just don't pay that much attention to countries that aren't their neighbors or whose music they aren't familiar with.
Seriously dont quote me

cantabak

God ! Come on ! Germany was the BESTEST :) It is normal that Turkey couldn't be the number one. That's right we're second but why don't you try to have some fun ? Personally i loved the song of Germany ! And not only me ... We gave 10 points to Germany ! This means that a grand percent of Turkish people loved it !

Congrats to everyone . It was a wonderful show. (Sorry for my English :( )

Dessi

dora said:
KilledByShoes said:
By the way, the only thing I disliked was how rude the host was during the voting reports. She hardly greeted anyone and refused to even thank them, what was that all about?

Yes, she was definitely rude. All spokespersons said very nice things and made long comments and she said nothing. :x

She wasn't rude. It was her orders. She responded with her face and her body. She was instructed to not talk too much to the spokespersons since this would make the event too long (you know, a lot of chit-chat between the host and all the spokespersons will make it a very LOOOONG show, and all viewers hate that. And then the slow link between countries that makes the responses come in like half a minute later...)

She did her best to show her "tumbs up", giving smiles and laughing in order to response in a shorter way than in words...

Dessi

BIG CONGRATS TO GERMANY from me in Sweden!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

MyHeartIsYours

I hated that woman :evil: :evil:

They should have had that black lady doing the voting, she is lovely :D

Scooby

Finally, my top 3 is ESC top 3!!!
Congrats to Lena and Germany on deserved victory!!!
Turkey has also been excellent, just like my favorite song from Romania!
Last night I voted for Romania few times and three times for Germany!!!

I am very disappointed with very bad positions for Izrael, Ireland and Iceland!!!
I am most disappointed by the voting sistem, and this applies especially to the countries of the former Soviet Union! They continue to vote for the states and not for the songs. Even the Balkan and Scandinavian countries have reduced a lot of neighborhood voting!!!

I look forward to Eurovision Song Contest next year in Germany, and I hope to be able to watch live!

ParadiseES

Maleandro said:
darrenmania said:
Seriously dont quote me

Political and neighbor voting will always be a big part of the contest as long there are different songs and languages.
To avoid it everybody should sing the same song or just one person sings all the different songs.

When it comes to Spain not voting for turkey it could be because the music scene is a bit different.

A big part of the Spanish popular music does have folk rhythms in the ground and then add a modern sound on it.

Some of the most popular Spanish chart songs contain parts of copla and flamenco, like Bispal or Bustamante.

And then there is the sad fact that not many people care about the contest in Spain and because of that less votes.

I don't think so. Eurovision is always the second most watched show in May, only after a football final. You'll see ;)

Everybody say that Eurovision is crap, but everybody watch it. It's always the same story :roll:

msamkl

darrenmania said:

By the way. I really don't understand what it means altough I am greek we don't consider you as an enemy. You are our neigbour but you can make up such sentences. It is... mmm. Never mind.

I used this phrase to give some emphasis cause people use to believe that we are enemies. Of course, I don't consider you as an enemy. I didn't imply anything like this. I apologize, if I made you feel uncomfortable in any way.

Scooby

Eurovision Song Contest, after the Olympic Games and World Cup in football, the most popular TV show on the planet (with a huge viewing)!

Samb

I think the results of the split vote come some months after the contest finishes, if I remember correctly.

alca

MyHeartIsYours said:
I hated that woman :evil: :evil:

They should have had that black lady doing the voting, she is lovely :D
I loved her and I agree with Dessi!!!! :D

Top Bottom