ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Etanna

no way we're gonna have a proper NF? xyaaayI'm curious who'll the host(s) be

Slabsson79

no way we're gonna have a proper NF? xyaaayI'm curious who'll the host(s) be
A national live final for 3 contestants...well, I know costs are always a factor, but given a production makes fixed costs, i wonder how much a show with let´s say 7 contestants would have cost more. I hope that ESCZ 2024 will provide a wider array of finalists.
But yeah....happy to have ESCZ23 back and in this format. Let us hope for the best....

Mainshow

Veteran
A national live final for 3 contestants...well, I know costs are always a factor, but given a production makes fixed costs, i wonder how much a show with let´s say 7 contestants would have cost more. I hope that ESCZ 2024 will provide a wider array of finalists.
But yeah....happy to have ESCZ23 back and in this format. Let us hope for the best....
Germany had a national final with 3 contestants back in 2007 and honestly, I think it was a well-organised and well-thought one.
We had three different entries of different (sub-)genres and very well-established, popular and well-known artists.
Personally, I think that we had 2 competitive entries ("Even Heaven Cries" was quite a well-produced pop song and "Frauen regier´n die Welt" apparently was ranked #6 by the back-up juries in Helsinki).

Also, the whole "atmosphere" was more relaxed, e.g. all three artists had "room" to shine. They also talked about their experiences with the contest, it was more of a "sit-in" with performances, we had a witty and clever host, all three performed a former Eurovision entry and we got several former Eurovision participants as interval acts.

I personally prefer a 3-contestants-national final with entries of 3 different genres composed and performed by popular and well-established acts instead of massive national finals if they can´t come up with the same value like the ones in Scandinavia (minus Denmark xD).

And I´m quite confident that the Czech Republic will come up with another great selecton of acts.

Last edited:

ESC94

Germany had a national final with 3 contestants back in 2007 and honestly, I think it was a well-organised and well-thought one.
We had three different entries of different (sub-)genres and very well-established, popular and well-known artists.
Personally, I think that we had 2 competitive entries ("Even Heaven Cries" was quite a well-produced pop song and "Frauen regier´n die Welt" apparently was ranked #6 by the back-up juries in Belgrade).

Also, the whole "atmosphere" was more relaxed, e.g. all three artists had "room" to shine. They also talked about their experiences with the contest, it was more of a "sit-in" with performances, we had a witty and clever host, all three performed a former Eurovision entry and we got several former Eurovision participants as interval acts.

I personally prefer a 3-contestants-national final with entries of 3 different genres composed and performed by popular and well-established acts instead of massive national finals if they can´t come up with the same value like the ones in Scandinavia (minus Denmark xD).

And I´m quite confident that the Czech Republic will come up with another great selecton of acts.

The ESC 2007 was held in Helsinki. ;)

nofuxCZ

So I did a bit of digging, the TV schedule for January 30 is still not available, but the schedule for advertisers is and there is no mention of ESCZ on either of the ČT's channels in the programme for January 30.
So my hunch is it will not be aired on TV and just streamed online.
These schedules for advertisers were published on December 8, so there still is a tiny chance it will change, but I don't really believe in it.
Switch to sheet "5.týden"
ČT1: https://img.ceskatelevize.cz/boss/document/1478.xlsx
ČT2: https://img.ceskatelevize.cz/boss/document/1477.xlsx
ČT Art: https://img.ceskatelevize.cz/boss/document/1479.xlsx

Etanna

Would it necessarily be a bad thing?
I'm thinking the same thing, they may have more freedom and actually do a better show if it is online. If they do air it on TV, it will probably be on ČT ART anyway (a small niche channel) so it's not like it matters much.

Mainshow

Veteran
ESCZ 2023: Monday 30 January at 21:00 CET live from Prague

• Maella
  • Markéta Irglová
  • Pam Rabbit
  • RODAN
  • Vesna

There will be an official livestream on eurovision.tv´s official YouTube channel!
Foreign viewers can cast their votes via the app and will make 70% of the televoting.

The Czech public will have a 30% say.

The juries got ditched. It seems that the Czech Republic has adjusted to the rule change in Eurovision!

Excited!

mauve

Veteran
Really, really glad to hear these news! Hope that it will be an eciting show with wonderful artists! I liked many of the Czech entries in the past years like Mikolas Josef, lake Malawi, Benny Cristo (Omaga, but not Kemama) and We are Domi. were all in my top 10, so I am looking very much forward to this!!!

nofuxCZ

Vesna also mentioned last year they want to send a song with slavic folklore motives.
Fun fact, Production Lovers are the guys from We All Poop you might remember from ESCZ 2020

Vesna is also preparing a song for Eurovision this year in cooperation with Production Lovers, in which she would like to present Slavic folklore in an unexpected form.
"We have been waiting for two or three years to meet a producer who would be able to grasp our vision 100%. Then we met the guys from Production Lovers and absolutely fell in love with them," says Fuxová.

elanyvx

A few days ago this song appeared as a sponsored post in the home of my facebook profile, intrigued by this, I clicked on it and found out she growing up in Prague and moving to London at the age of 20. Maella is October’s ambassador for Spotify Equals Czech Republic and Slovakia, receiving placement at Times Square.

I wrote to her to send the song "Tudu Tudu Tu" for the national selection ESCZ 2023 :cool:

The winner is .... ME xheart

Bobjan FR

That's amazing, the ESCZ brings what we expected from them, i'm sure the selection will be high level like last year. ...What, you didn't found it was a high level last year ?

Top Bottom