2 1.0%

16 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

boyardor

My favourites for the national selection (ranked from the most popular in my opinion):
1) GIUDI
She was in the 2022 national round and her song was AMAZING. She combines a Slavic traditional character with English.

2) Aiko
Her song Daughter of the Sun has a very interesting background for me. I also think it is very original in the Czech Republic (I don't know a singer with similar music).

3) Mikolas Josef
He is the god of Czech music.

4) Lake Malawi & We Are Domi
High-speed Kissing is an interesting song connecting these two bands. The Czech-Polish-Norwegian-American combination of bands sounds very interesting.

5) Lenny
I only discovered her today and found her songs sound very interesting. And the fact that she has a song like Hell.o in her repertoire only elevates her.

Diego

My wishlist for ESCZ 2023:

Lenny: she has never shown interest in participating in the ESC, but I always have hope hehe

The Silver Spoons: one of the emerging alternative pop bands in the Czech Republic today. They have already shown interest in participating in Eurovision.

Vesna: for me, one of the best Czech groups today. It's an all-female band, singing in Czech (but also in English) mixing folk and ethnic music with more modern sounds.

Tereza Masková: i must confess that I don't like the last songs she released, but she is a very good singer and I see potential on the Eurovision stage.

Nykki: she's making a career out of the Czech Republic, but who knows, she might appear in the national final?

RODAN: is a fairly new singer, probably quite unknown to the Czech Republic. With good music, I see potential in him.

Adam Misik: perhaps the "Mikolas Josef" quota on the list. The sound of the two is quite different, but it would be the typical singer that teenage girls would melt hehe

ADONXS: probably my favorite to represent the Czech Republic currently. Great voice, released two good singles recently. With a powerful ballad, it could do very well in Eurovision. But there is a very big problem: he's not Czech (he's Slovak), which by the recent ESCZ rules didn't allow him to participate in the NF. Unless he does a duet with some Czech singer.

nofuxCZ

I'd like to see us finally send a song in Czech, but probably not gonna happen once again...

Redzed released new album on 1st September. he's the #1 most listened to Czech artist on Spotify, but Eurovision and general audience are not ready :mrgreen:

ADONXS would be great. He mentions Eurovision in basically every interview - that he would love to do it for Slovakia or Czechia in the next few years and that it's his life-long dream. I am all for the Czech ESC team to make exception for Slovaks. He's been living in Prague anyway..

Vesna mentioned earlier this year they are writing song with Slavic elements that they'd like to send to ESC, Aiko liked recent ESCZ post on instagram - so I expect these two to apply

nofuxCZ

My wishlist for ESCZ 2023:

Tereza Masková: i must confess that I don't like the last songs she released, but she is a very good singer and I see potential on the Eurovision stage.
Speaking of Tereza, she just released a new album :) I quickly skimmed through it and yep, I still don't really like anything on there.

Slabsson79

Let us hope the field of contestants in ESCZ 2023, whatever format they will use, will increase to at least 10. I know, that budget is a problem. But presenting more contestants from CZ to the ESC-world in itself is a accomplishment,besides the main goal of picking a contestant for Liverpool.
And I hope, they will dare to make a national final on TV to improve the visibility of the contest in CZechia.

elanyvx

Last edited:

HayashiM

Veteran
"Three finalists will be selected for the national selection and will perform their songs live."

Only three? :(

Live perfomance could maybe hint at a live TV show, but given foreign fans will be allowed to vote yet again, I don't find it all that likely...

nofuxCZ

Disappointed it's just 3 finalists but hey, I won't complain since I didn't even expect us to participate this year :)

Also the rule that the main vocalist has to have Czech citizenship is there, so unless ADONXS has some duet ready, he won't be in the selection.

Bobjan FR

Why have I got a feeling that Czech Republic is going to be a contender in 2023? It's based on nothing, I just think the Czechs are going to bring their A-game next year.
Now they annonced there will be only 3 contestants, i doubt a bit about it... Yes, quantity doesn't mean quality, but it seems they want to reduce the costs, so i don't think they focus on victory.

njdevils94

Veteran
I give it 2/3 years until :cz: are out. The broadcaster is not that excited about Eurovision clearly.

Last edited:

Slabsson79

It is actually a mess. I am not really sure, if the cost differnce would be SOOOOO huge, if there were 6 or 7 contestants, if i assume the model will be same as last year - live to tape.#
They remain silent till the very last moment, they call for songs on the 2.11.2022 ending the submission window in one month, so basically, i would not expect many songs really. Actually, i guess they already have the 3 in mind already, but since i have no proof, i abstain from claiming it. I really wonder what will happen, if 5 or 6 top-notch songs will be submitted...

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
Let Pam Rabbit, Elis Mraz and Annabelle compete against each other xheat

Winner represents :cz:, both losers try for :sm:

That's also (partially) why I'd love Luxembourg and Monaco to come back to the contest. They were both useful for French-speaking singers some time ago, no reason San Marino should be the only one to have such open-minded (and multi-territorial) competitions! And maybe Andorra too btw

Mainshow

Veteran
I´m quite "nervous" about the wording of "Czech Television reserves the right to cancel the competition in the event that the Czech Republic cannot participate in ESC 2023 for any reason".
source: Wiwibloggs

I just hope that they will stay in the competition as long as they can (financially) because the Czech Republic have been submitting some fresh and modern tracks lately.

nofuxCZ

The short submission deadline was there already in the last few years. Last year it was even shorter than 1 month , when the deadline was in the last quarter of September while they announced the submissions at the beginning of the month.
The clause they reserve the right to cancel the competition was there already last year as well, I wouldn't give it much significance this year either. The fact we already confirmed should comfort us - I guess the penalties of withdrawing right now would be too huge so at worst we will end up with internal selection, but that is highly unlikely as well...

Top Bottom