2 1.0%

16 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Slabsson79

And of course, today, at the FB-profile, they announce the final shortlist, but of course, no reference whatsoever about Czech Rep´s participation.
I am kinda curious, if they do this on purpose or if they even do not realize how disastrous their communication is. What A. Halloun has done yesterday is borderline audacity. Teasing a lot of people to follow ESCZ profiles, knowing, that they expect participation conifrmation, only to come up with a support call for former contestants and links to their future gigs....disgraceful.
Today is September 27th. The deadline for broadcaster applications had passed on September 15th. So ESCZ has to know the facts.

Mimmon

Veteran
And of course, today, at the FB-profile, they announce the final shortlist, but of course, no reference whatsoever about Czech Rep´s participation.
I am kinda curious, if they do this on purpose or if they even do not realize how disastrous their communication is. What A. Halloun has done yesterday is borderline audacity. Teasing a lot of people to follow ESCZ profiles, knowing, that they expect participation conifrmation, only to come up with a support call for former contestants and links to their future gigs....disgraceful.
Today is September 27th. The deadline for broadcaster applications had passed on September 15th. So ESCZ has to know the facts.
They can say if they participate in EBU until September 15th, so they can wait till some October date (I wanna say 8th but I'm not sure) without paying any penalty to announce if they participating or not.

elanyvx

I think the country will take part in the next edition, otherwise it would not make sense to share the roster of english cities a few months ago and now the ballot between Glasgow and Liverpool.

Slabsson79

They can say if they participate in EBU until September 15th, so they can wait till some October date (I wanna say 8th but I'm not sure) without paying any penalty to announce if they participating or not.
You can withdraw your participation until October 11th without penalty. What I am angry about is the fact that they could simply be sincere and say: DUe to this and that, the participation of Czech Rep at ESC 2023 is still pending. Sorry to tell you that, but we cannot tell otherwise...
I think the country will take part in the next edition, otherwise it would not make sense to share the roster of english cities a few months ago and now the ballot between Glasgow and Liverpool.
Everything is possible with this communication team...

hijirio

Veteran
Please participate xpray I loved the Czech entry last year xcheer

HayashiM

Veteran
There is a lot less clash with the ice hockey world championship next year - no overlap for the semis + we are not playing the day of ESC finals. Quite promising for the tv ratings should we eventually participate :)

nofuxCZ

Mainshow

Veteran
WE ARE INNN!!! Phew.

Cute pic of the last three participants together.

Imagine our German brodcaster would ask (Levina), Sister, Jendrik and Malik Harris to come together and reflect on their experiences (under NDR´s realm) :D

But for real, I´m happy about the Czech participation - that last tweet by the head of press gave me hope - He wouldn´t have used two heart emojis and "Let´s wait just a little bit longer" if he had known about a potential withdrawal.

DanielLuis

You guys think they'll keep going with ESCZ, or will they be turning back to an internal selection again?
Any chance at all of a televised NF?

A-lister

Veteran
Great news! xcheer So many people doubted but I actually didn't expect a withdrawal.

Now, what we need is a good song too. 2022 was a step in the right direction for :cz: but I still haven't been wowed by any entry so far.

0scar

Lights Off is actually the only song of 2022 I'm still listening to so I'm looking forward to having :cz: in 2023

Diego

Very happy to see the Czech Republic at ESC for another year. I hope they at least keep the ESCZ format. And may more well-known Czech artists join the party (yes Lenny, I'm talking about you).

Top Bottom