modern and at the same time retro x12s xyes
definitely my favorite even though not all songs are out yet

It's so good live. Joining the fangirling xcheer

nofuxCZ

Re: CZECH REPUBLIC 2018

I guess it's time to start leaking some NF info :D

I hoped ČT would be more creative with the name and "logo" :D
GMe6Asi.jpg

Contestants, songs and videos will be released on Monday, 8th January - during a press conference.
Public will be able to vote from 8th to 22nd January via official Eurovision app. Everyone will be able to vote, but only votes coming from the Czech Republic will be counted, voting will be free and only 1 vote is allowed.
International jury will consist of 8 members, their names will be revealed after the voting is over on 22nd Jan.

The points will be broken down like this
1st place - 8 pts
2nd place - 6 pts
3rd place - 4 pts
4th place - 3 pts
5th place - 2 pts
6th place - 1 pt

In case of a tie, public voting has a prefference.
Jury results will be announced on 22nd January, final results and the winner will be announced on 29th January.

honzak11

I'm buzzinggg xheyaxheya
The Czech Television broadcaster is gonna reveal the 6 artists, songs and videos today at 15:00 CET that will be competing in the online national final! :p

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Just wondering... what's the point in allowing everyone to vote, if only Czech votes matter?... am I missing something here?

Schlagerman1

Schlagerman1

My thougths on the songs:

"Reason" Debbi
Feels a bit Anouk (pre-ESC one) with a catchy poptune. Feels very summerish and enjoyable. Maybe not a perfect choice for ESC, but I like it! :D

"Stand Up" Doctor Victor
Really old-school rock with a lot of guitars. Can't dislike it, feels really fun and the chorus is easy to sing a long to. Maybe the song that is least likely to work in ESC, but has it's place in the NF nevertheless. The guitarsolo is giving me life! xbb

"We Rule This World" Eddie Stoilow
Not my type of song, but I enjoy it somewhat though. Feels honest and well made. But nah, doesn't work for me.

"Fly" Eva Burešová
Makes me think of the polish "Flashlight" last year, but that is positive. Even if this isn't as good as Kasias song, this also give a strong feeling of desperation which I often enjoy. The chorus is really well made...but I am afraid this might feel lost in Lisbon, as the Czechs often do...still one of the better ones in the NF.

"Lie To Me" Mikolas Josef
Something wrong with the video :lol:, bbut guess it is "Lie To Me" that is the entry. If so, then this might be the clear winner. Catchy song that really stands out in the competition and also sung by a cute guy. The song could even become a big hit, stucks like glue to the head. This could sail through to the final with a good draw, really enjoy it. :D

"Never Forget" Pavel Calita
The song that feels the most promising...till you hear the lyrics and you can really hear that it is a non-english speaker that has written it. Makes the whole song childish and pointless. No, the song I like the least in the end.

For me it is open road for Mikolas Josef, but guess we have to wait and see how things look like on stage. ;)

SwissKung

I really like Fly but it's pretty obvious that Lie To Me will win and I don't mind it, it's catchy and it'll give Czech Republic its best result ever.

nofuxCZ

I wouldn't be so sure about Lie to me winning. Pavel Callta is probably the biggest name on the list and if he can mobilize his huge fanbase, he can win easily.

FoxOfShadows

I wouldn't be so sure about Lie to me winning. Pavel Callta is probably the biggest name on the list and if he can mobilize his huge fanbase, he can win easily.

I really hope not :? This is a fantastic selection but Pavel's song is easily the weakest of the bunch. I'll be livid if it wins out over "Lie to Me" or "Fly"

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member

If Mikolas wins he needs to do a racy photoshoot, just to secure those extra votes of course and for educational purposes.

John1

Though his song is awful.

EscGeek

Veteran

Voted for Mikolas Josef, but you know, whatever... :lol:

I love "Lie To Me" so much that i can guarantee it a spot in my final top 10 (i wanna say 5, but maybe january is too soon for this)

"Stand Up" by Docor Victor is great too and it would be my favorite under normal circumstances in many NFs... but not this one :p

Debbi is nice too, but PLEASE send "Lie To Me". I'm a terrible dancer, but everytime the trumpet starts playing i'm like:

Mrm

Veteran

I agree, Mikolas Josef - "Lie To Me" is the best in this lineup..I like some others too, but I'd like to see Mikolas Josef in Lisbon...I hope he will deliver live..

Top Bottom