16 6.2%

14 5.4%

5 1.9%

7 2.7%

9 3.5%

24 9.3%

• Total voters

Pawhlen

Aha, ok then, it means you are strong enough to deal with everything. :)

Not really, you come to apoint when it´s not worth even trying to argument ;), but that has nothing to do with to this thread

So enough off-topic ;)

Franzilein

Oh boy, I had no idea he was that gifted. Love it even more than the official record.

Nicholas123

Mikolas is in Athens. He will appear at MAD Music Video Awards and he will also have a duet with the Greek siger Tamta. :D

36137405_2114503192131359_2873639077314297856_n.jpg

John1

Mikolas is in Athens. He will appear at MAD Music Video Awards and he will also have a duet with the Greek siger Tamta. :D

36137405_2114503192131359_2873639077314297856_n.jpg

Both are genuinely charismatic and gorgeous, even though I don't even know something about Tamta. However, she seems to be quite talented and well-known across Greece. ;)

I assume that Mikolas will come back to the ESC sometime, he has a pretty good shot at doing so, as he achieved the best result ever for the :cz:. :p

Nicholas123

Both are genuinely charismatic and gorgeous, even though I don't even know something about Tamta. However, she seems to be quite talented and well-known across Greece. ;)

I assume that Mikolas will come back to the ESC sometime, he has a pretty good shot at doing so, as he achieved the best result ever for the :cz:. :p

Here you can see them performing "Lie to Me" and Tamta's new song "Arhes Kalokairiou"

Tamta has stated in a recent interview that going to ESC with a good song would be "a great honor" (let's not forget that "Fuego" after Helena was given to Tamta before ending up in Foureira's hands), so you might see her at the ESC stage next year. The thing is, which country will she compete for, :gr: :cy: or her homeland :ge: ? :mrgreen:

SaladBreak

Ooh Lie to Me in her voice sounds so good.

I wish we had something like that award show.

Preuss

Hmm so after thinking about Mikolas and Czech’s entry this year a bit, I realise that I’ve always thought 6th place was terrific for them and it still is lol, but I can’t stop thinking right now what it could’ve been for this entry if Mikolas got the jury support I thought and hoped he would get. Mikolas was my third this year, so I might be a bit biased when saying that I thought he would be at least top ten in the jury vote lol because the juries would support a contemporary song like «Lie to Me». They did not and the televoters brought him back home luckily, but really I’m a bit shocked that Mikolas received so few jury points compared to Benjamin...? So I’m highly sure that Sweden earned points due to their staging this year as well, but I personally struggle to see why the juries found this entry that much inferior to Sweden this year??

So the only reason I can find why juries didn’t reward this better is 1) staging. I found it a bit messy sometimes, still love it though. Don’t think that their staging helped Mikolas more points from the juries though. 2) voice. Yes to be honest I found Mikolas’ voice to be rather poor live and not deserving of very many jury points - but so do I feel about Netta, Benjamin and Eleni lol and we all know how well these did with the juries.

this is my opinion, I’m not making any conspiracy theories about Sweden as everyone who’re regular active here knows that I don’t think the juries favour anyone but conclusion: this could’ve been so much more

Imagine the hate this entry and Mikolas would get though if Lie To Me represented Sweden

lolita

Maybe they will send him again to Eurovision, as it was noticed on Wiwibloggs, the song is shorter than 3 minutes, and they have for sure not better option than him. It is not bad, but it is much weaker than Lie to Me, in my opinion. Just repeating "Me gusta" through the whole song. He is the king of stupid lyrics, even though I don't have nothing against him, he is talented and he is included in writing of his songs. :)

Realest

I think its better than LTM. And I think it would have done better as well.

Sammy

Veteran
Yesterday the final of the infamous "Kiddy contest" took place in Vienna. For those who don't know, it's a children's competition where people like Zoe Straub or Nathan Trent appeared first in public when they were still kids. Yesterday "Bars and Melody" were the special guest star...
So, why do I post this here in the Czech thread?
Because the winner covered "Lie to me". And his name is Josef too.

I didn't watch the show, just saw it on the news today and searched for a video. This one's just a snippet.

Mainshow

Veteran
1 pt - didn't like it at all but the entry was nicely produced, quite modern and contemporary and Mikolas was entertaining and charming on stage and delivered a great performance. I was happy for the Czech Republic do perform well, though.

However, I prefer their entries back in 2007, 2015, 2016, 2017, tough.

Top Bottom