14 5.4%

5 1.9%

7 2.7%

9 3.5%

24 9.3%

• Total voters

NicoRobin

Re: CZECH REPUBLIC 2018

There is so much potential in this country. Go to the Czech Republic.

Not bad Lie To Me.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Lie to me is awful, I don't like it at all. It's not even that memorable imo. I hope they don't go with this.

Romeo

"Lie to me" is a TUUUUUUNNNNEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Ooh I like the sound of Lie To Me! I wouldn't mind if they sent this :D

kjetil

I don't like Lie to me at all. It sounds like a bad version of Talk Dirty (which I don't like either). That type of music is just not my cup of tea, sorry guys!

nofuxCZ

Another singer who submitted a song is Dalibor Slepčík. Dalibor became famous as a finalist of last season of Czechoslovak Idol.

http://tn.nova.cz/clanek/dejte-do-toho-vsechno-vzkazuje-dada-slepcik-soutezicim.html

"A foreign producer who is cooperating with Robin Schulz, for example, contacted me. Together we have been working on an english language song that could represent us in next Eurovision"

Fun fact: Dalibor is from my hometown and I lived next door. He also attends the same highschool as I did. Below you can hear his Christmas song from last year, which was written by my former high school head teacher :'D It would be surrreal to see him at ESC.

Sammy

Veteran

nice line-up. Thom Artway seems to be a funny guy, I like his "No inspiration" Video.

nofuxCZ

Somehow I saw this coming :mrgreen:
It should be noted that it will be an online NF.

Jakub Ondra revealed in interview to frontman.cz that he made it with song "Reasons to Love You". In the interview, Jakub said it's the catchiest song he's ever written.
http://frontman.cz/z-kazde-trapne-situace-se-da-udelat-sranda

The song is not yet available for listening, but you can listen to Jakub's most recent single below

DanielLuis

Why are they doing it online instead of broadcasting it? I'm sure that showing it in the TV would increase Eurovision's popularity

DanielLuis

Not sure if Eurovision is popular there. Baby steps... one day maybe they will have their very own Melodifestivalen :)

Yeah, but that's what I mean, they should broadcast the NF to build up the reputation and the hype around the contest

honzak11

Yeah, but that's what I mean, they should broadcast the NF to build up the reputation and the hype around the contest

I'm guessing they don't have the budget for the broadcast :(. And it's not popular enough to attract viewers. For example, the Eurovision Final 2017 saw less than 200 000 people out of 10million of inhabitants in the Czech Republic....

DanielLuis

I'm guessing they don't have the budget for the broadcast :(. And it's not popular enough to attract viewers. For example, the Eurovision Final 2017 saw less than 200 000 people out of 10million of inhabitants in the Czech Republic....

Hopefully they manage to attract more viewers with a well-known singer this year and with a good result! They also need to promote it very very well to start increasing the popularity

nofuxCZ

Jakub Ondra's entry "Reasons To Love You" available for listen here: http://rump3.net/13951-2choice-feat-jakub-ondra-reasons-to-love-you.html

At this point 2 songs out of 6 are already confirmed

Mikolas Josef - Lie To Me
Jakub Ondra - Reasons To Love You

ČT will officially reveal the finalists and their songs on January 8th.

Escportal.cz published an interview with our HoD Jan Bors
http://escportal.cz/exkluzivni-rozhovor-s-janem-borsem-2/

The high number of received songs, their increased quality and diversity and bigger interest from local artists were the reasons ČT organised a NF already this year. Jan Bors hopes they will be able to eventually move it to TV and organize a big NF in the next few years. He mentions Melodifestivalen as an ideal format, but he is aware that such goal is too far away now and they will need to slowly and patiently work to make the contest more popular and respected here before they can do NF like MF.

nofuxCZ

Jakub Ondra was recently busking on the streets of Zürich while CEO of Energy Zürich approached him and offered him to play on one of the biggest music shows in Switzerland (apparently). You can see part of his performance in the video below

nofuxCZ

ČT published pictures of all finalists, while not revealing their true identity.

TmYBzML.jpg

S5Res12.jpg

T1tczWL.jpg

aK9pCdl.jpg

YXRnM1S.jpg

5KWhwWh.jpg

Czech fans are speculating who they are
1) Dasha - singer who was supposed to sing "I Stand" at ESC originally, until she got pregnant and was replaced by Gabriella. ČT was in talks with her in all previous years, seems like they push her a lot.
2) Clearly Mikolas Josef
3) Jakub Ondra
4) Looks like Jan Žampa, lead singer of Eddie Stoilow band. We can also be certain it's him as he and his band shared these pictures and Jan took a picture in front of ČT building few days ago.
5) possibly the lead singer of band Doctor Victor
6) fans are guessing this is either Annabelle or Elis

All artists mentioned above confirmed they sent songs to ČT.

Dasha and Annabelle recently released songs that could be their potential entries

Top Bottom