I play those games my way and you'll be beggin'
"Please baby, don't go, don't go, don't go"

Dancin', dancin'
Think you, think you fancy
Tick-tock
Don't go, don't go, don't go​

Last edited by a moderator:

Euterpa

I'll admit that Voilà and Tick-Tock are the only two ESC 2021 songs I'm listening to. All others I heard once or a couple of times, just to give them a second/third/etc. chance, but they didn't grow on me that much.

Besides these, I do like Discoteque and Set Me Free.

I don't see it was mentioned here, Sandra Mihaljević who was in charge of Tick-Tock music video said that they are working on a slightly different version of it. She didn't say how much different or what exactly will be different, except that it will include the Croatian part that Albina sang in Dora. It seems like the new version of the music video will be called Open Up Version, and it will be the one that will be given to the Eurovision YT channel.

crashworld

Veteran
I don't see it was mentioned here, Sandra Mihaljević who was in charge of Tick-Tock music video said that they are working on a slightly different version of it. She didn't say how much different or what exactly will be different, except that it will include the Croatian part that Albina sang in Dora. It seems like the new version of the music video will be called Open Up Version, and it will be the one that will be given to the Eurovision YT channel.

Interesting. So it's just to shoot a new video but with the same track (ie. Dora version) right? They are not revamp the song right? Seems like the Croatian delegation is getting all behind this entry. Hopefully the efforts pay off eventually.

Euterpa

Interesting. So it's just to shoot a new video but with the same track (ie. Dora version) right? They are not revamp the song right? Seems like the Croatian delegation is getting all behind this entry. Hopefully the efforts pay off eventually.

I don't know, they're being really ambiguous about it. They didn't mention anything specifically. So maybe it will be the same Dora version track in the video, maybe there will be a revamp.

It's worth to note that the first music video we've seen was filmed and finished before Dora. So the lack of revamp in that one wasn't surprising. They just waited for Dora to end to release it, and then waited a bit more than initially planned because they won.

It seems that the Croatian delegation is quite happy that this is our entry, yes. :)

crashworld

Veteran
It's worth to note that the first music video we've seen was filmed and finished before Dora. So the lack of revamp in that one wasn't surprising. They just waited for Dora to end to release it, and then waited a bit more than initially planned because they won.
But the Dora version is basically the same as the English version but mixed with the second last chorus in Croatian.
Instrumental/melody wise I didn't hear any difference.

Euterpa

But the Dora version is basically the same as the English version but mixed with the second last chorus in Croatian.
Instrumental/melody wise I didn't hear any difference.

Exactly. It was just to say that we have nothing to base our opinion on whether there will or will not be a revamp. Some people said "well that means the revamp won't happen" when the music video came out, but we can't conclude anything from the existing music video because it was made before Dora actually happened. Then they decided to include the Croatian part for Dora. And then they even won. :D So...there may or may not be a revamp coming in the new music video. We can't really know.

crashworld

Veteran
Exactly. It was just to say that we have nothing to base our opinion on whether there will or will not be a revamp. Some people said "well that means the revamp won't happen" when the music video came out, but we can't conclude anything from the existing music video because it was made before Dora actually happened. Then they decided to include the Croatian part for Dora. And then they even won. :D So...there may or may not be a revamp coming in the new music video. We can't really know.

I see. Thanks for clarifying. Personally, I don't think the song needs a revamp. It is good as it is. But if they decide to it, I can see them giving it like a radio mix/single mix like the mainstream artists like to do. Nothing too drastic.

Euterpa

I see. Thanks for clarifying. Personally, I don't think the song needs a revamp. It is good as it is. But if they decide to it, I can see them giving it like a radio mix/single mix like the mainstream artists like to do. Nothing too drastic.

Yeah, I agree. After the Dora performance, I thought there's space for a revamp. But after listening to the song with earphones, I realised there are more sounds and elements there than what I heard in Dora. :D Maybe I'm biased because it's my country, but I think this is really, really good.

Loindici

Veteran
Now that the Sugar is out...

We'll still go with Tick-Tock. xheart

ag89

Croatia is finally getting behind its act and she is super cool. I don't want to talk about Nina anymore, but even if we had some questions about her behaviour (like, maybe she was right and HRT did her wrong: I mean, HRT has a history of messing up and making dramas), we should remind ourselves about excuses after her final performance in 2016 which was not very good (while she killed in the semi final). After the show she claimed something was wrong with her in-ear or something like that, she couldn't hear herself etc. She really needs to grow up. Anyway, I think Croatia might be a pleasant surprise this year result-wise.

Euterpa

Dora songs in Croatian Top 40:

1. Albina - Tick-Tock
2. Cambi - Zaljubljen
5. Albina - Tick-Tock (Local Version)
17. Tony & Kiki - Zapjevaj, sloboda je
20. Beta Sudar - Ma zamisli
31. ToMa - Ocean of Love
32. Eric - Reci mi
33. Sandi - Kriv

This is quite a difference from a few weeks ago when only Albina and Cambi were charting.

SAYAY

I like that Croatia is sending a uptempo pop song and Albina is amazing. However, this isn`t really my favorite this year as I think there is some room for improvement on the song, but it is still very strong entry from Croatia. :4: points from me. xrose

ag89

No surprise seeing Cambi doing so well, this sounds exactly like a song you would expect to hear when you drive your car in Croatia, Bosnia etc.

Euterpa

Tick-Tock (Open Up Version) music video will be released on Eurovision's YouTube channel tomorrow (Thursday) at 3:00 pm CET. xcheer

Open Up Version seems to be just the new name for Dora Version (I really like how they went for Open Up Version instead of the classic Eurovision Version xD), so no revamp.

crashworld

Veteran
Tick-Tock (Open Up Version) music video will be released on Eurovision's YouTube channel tomorrow (Thursday) at 3:00 pm CET. xcheer

Open Up Version seems to be just the new name for Dora Version (I really like how they went for Open Up Version instead of the classic Eurovision Version xD), so no revamp.

So basically a newly shot scene for the part in Croatian. I was expecting a brand new video to be honest. Oh well. LOL.

Euterpa

So basically a newly shot scene for the part in Croatian. I was expecting a brand new video to be honest. Oh well. LOL.

Same. They were filming so much, I was excited to see the new video when I was checking out Albina's stories. Turns out, none of that was for the new music video. I am so disappointed, feeling like they put 0 effort into this. They literally couldn't have done any less than this. I didn't expect a brand new video, but I expected them to film something cool for the Croatian part. I'd be happy with anything, anything that's something. But this is nothing. :D I hope this is because of their busy schedule, because they are working hard on the back up performance and the one for Rotterdam.

kamc

Well I’m glad they didn’t change it up a whole lot because the video is already legendary😍😍
I was worried they might cut out the iconic “synchronised walking down the steps” scene so I’m relieved that is still there. She really needs to incorporate that into her choreography in Rotterdam 💃

aletem

Best song so far!

Mainshow

Veteran
I needed to upgrade it for a second time: :8 now - It's the biggest grower this season so far for me.
Every time I listen to this, it grows on me. The great music video + adding some Croatian did help a lot, though.

Top Bottom