I play those games my way and you'll be beggin'
"Please baby, don't go, don't go, don't go"

Dancin', dancin'
Think you, think you fancy
Tick-tock
Don't go, don't go, don't go​

Last edited by a moderator:

ayzelto

Amazing this actually comes from Croatia, I was so happy Albina was chosen in Dora. This is certainly in my top 10. 10 points!

A-lister

Veteran
Tick-Tock (Open Up Version) music video will be released on Eurovision's YouTube channel tomorrow (Thursday) at 3:00 pm CET. xcheer

Open Up Version seems to be just the new name for Dora Version (I really like how they went for Open Up Version instead of the classic Eurovision Version xD), so no revamp.

So which version on Spotify is the one that is the final version to be used in Eurovision?

Euterpa

So which version on Spotify is the one that is the final version to be used in Eurovision?

The Dora Version, it will stay there under that name it seems.

In the meantime, Albina confirmed there will definitely be no revamp. She said that the whole team agreed that the song sounds complete and doesn't need anything else, that they'll rather work on the staging part in order to give us that cherry on the cake.
Marvin Dietmann (Nobody But You, Rise Like a Phoenix, Loin d'ici, ...) will work on the staging.

This gives me hope that we won't screw up the staging this time, but on the other hand - Marvin is already "the staging man" for Spain, Cyprus, Greece, Austria, Bulgaria this year. Seems like a lot of work, can he do it everything and do a great job with them all? I am so hopeful, I don't want to be disappointed...again (2016 flashbacks).

A-lister

Veteran
The Dora Version, it will stay there under that name it seems.

Thanks for the clarification, but what's the difference from that one and the others? There's one which is just Tick-Tock, then Tick-Tock Dora Version, and then Tick-Tock Local version? xshrug

I mean I could listen to all of them, but I want to "collect" the right version to my Eurovision list.

Euterpa

Thanks for the clarification, but what's the difference from that one and the others? There's one which is just Tick-Tock, then Tick-Tock Dora Version, and then Tick-Tock Local version? xshrug

I mean I could listen to all of them, but I want to "collect" the right version to my Eurovision list.

Tick-Tock - fully in English
Tick-Tock Dora Version - the one she's going to perform in Rotterdam, mostly in English with one chorus in Croatian
Tick-Tock Local Version - fully in Croatian

So the Dora Version is for your Eurovision list. :)

A-lister

Veteran
Tick-Tock - fully in English
Tick-Tock Dora Version - the one she's going to perform in Rotterdam, mostly in English with one chorus in Croatian
Tick-Tock Local Version - fully in Croatian

So the Dora Version is for your Eurovision list. :)

Ok cool, thanx for the info :) I had a feeling it probably was the case but just wanted to double check which one is actually meant for Eurovision (I mean I knew it wouldn't be the fully Croatian one, but in this time and age when there's overflooded with English I was worried maybe they'd pick that in the end.

crashworld

Veteran
Marvin Dietmann (Nobody But You, Rise Like a Phoenix, Loin d'ici, ...) will work on the staging.

This gives me hope that we won't screw up the staging this time, but on the other hand - Marvin is already "the staging man" for Spain, Cyprus, Greece, Austria, Bulgaria this year. Seems like a lot of work, can he do it everything and do a great job with them all? I am so hopeful, I don't want to be disappointed...again (2016 flashbacks).

Wow, that's quite a numner of entrants and some of them are the big favourites. I am pretty sure he won't be able to focus all of them and give the same quality to each one. So I have to say, it will most likely depend how much each delegation pay for his engagement fees. Money talks.

Euterpa

Wow, that's quite a numner of entrants and some of them are the big favourites. I am pretty sure he won't be able to focus all of them and give the same quality to each one. So I have to say, it will most likely depend how much each delegation pay for his engagement fees. Money talks.

Funnily enough, we have a phrase "koliko para, toliko muzike". Literally - how much money, that much music.

But I also guess that someone like him wouldn't allow himself a bad/terrible staging. I'll be optimistic, I have to. Otherwise I'll go crazy by May. :D

crashworld

Veteran
Funnily enough, we have a phrase "koliko para, toliko muzike". Literally - how much money, that much music.

But I also guess that someone like him wouldn't allow himself a bad/terrible staging. I'll be optimistic, I have to. Otherwise I'll go crazy by May. :D

This is like the most optimistic qualification chances Croatia has in years. He better not mess up the staging. I'm sure Albina and her dancers will be working hard on their performance. Now that there are so many female uptempo songs all jam packed in the second half of the first semi. I'm so scare some of them may not make it.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Albina can certainly qualify lol. Azer's song is some derivative repetitive meme trash that will fall apart the second it hits a live stage (half of the reason why I love Mata Hari is *exactly* because I am fully anticipating a Equinox/Tamta-esque downfall in the finale), and the Cypriot song is just plain boring.

If that's her competition, pfah! All Albina needs to do is be good live and she eats them both for breakfast.

Iker

Veteran
Alesia Michelle (ESC youtuber / blogger) wants Croatia to NQ this year, ugh. She also said she would find it better if it was performed by girls band, interesting.

Should I unsubscribe her, guys? :D

crashworld

Veteran
Alesia Michelle (ESC youtuber / blogger) wants Croatia to NQ this year, ugh. She also said she would find it better if it was performed by girls band, interesting.

LOL! I never like her, I found her not objective enough and her recommendations for improvements on certain entries pretty unrealistic. And she comes across like she knows it all.

Iker

Veteran
LOL! I never like her, I found her not objective enough and her recommendations for improvements on certain entries pretty unrealistic. And she comes across like she knows it all.
I like though that she is not making those over the top gaping-mouth reactions to entries. This never appealed to me.

I bims

Veteran
If that's her competition, pfah! All Albina needs to do is be good live and she eats them both for breakfast.
Have you seen the NF performance tho?!
With that "walking left and then right" - dancing, thirsty extensions and crickety crockety vocals, she'll starve.

Edit: Just watched it again... she's even completely lip synching some parts even though she's just standing there doing nothing.

Last edited:

Euterpa

I heard about this, can't stand her. It's one thing to say "I don't like this song and I'm not sure if it will manage to qualify", but completely another to say I DON'T WANT this to qualify. Like...I rarely curse and avoid it but...gtfo. That's all I can say. After this, I gave her a second chance and watched her video for Poland and she said "oh, ok. This might actually qualify. Is semi 2 getting competitive, guys?". That was the only thing she said in that whole video. Can that even be called a reaction? That's some time wasted that I'll never be able to get back.

Watch this instead. :D I like this guy because his reactions are not over the top, he stays respectful even when he doesn't like a song. And most of all - he knows what he's talking about.

Top Bottom