I play those games my way and you'll be beggin'
"Please baby, don't go, don't go, don't go"

Dancin', dancin'
Think you, think you fancy
Tick-tock
Don't go, don't go, don't go​

Last edited by a moderator:

Yazy

The only thing language wise that I would change is to also have Croatian in the pre-chorus/bridge part that comes before the last chorus that starts in Croatian.

"Ti si formula koju trebam..." instead of "I hear those voices...".

But I would keep the intro verses, first chorus, first bridge/pre-chorus and second chorus in English.

Euterpa

The only thing language wise that I would change is to also have Croatian in the pre-chorus/bridge part that comes before the last chorus that starts in Croatian.

"Ti si formula koju trebam..." instead of "I hear those voices...".

But I would keep the intro verses, first chorus, first bridge/pre-chorus and second chorus in English.

I actually disagree with this because that Croatian pre-chorus is the total opposite of the meaning of the English version. It would feel weird to me. The Croatian chorus is different in meaning, but can still be interpreted differently, adjusted to the context of the English version. That pre-chorus is pretty clear, however, on describing her as a really desperate woman just wanting her ex back. :/

Edit:

Tick-Tock is the 2nd most watched video on Eurovision's YouTube channel in February, with Little Big's Uno in the 1st place.

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
I feel Tick-Tock will stand out more as more songs get to be revealed. It won't repeat the Daria Kinzer disaster in 2011.

Frenchbaguette

Croatia has a special place in my heart, because i'm a student in croatian language and history at uni, but also because I have met Albina in split last year !

We gathered and I was baking a cake with Albina's best friend, which was my EX boyfriend's sister hehehe ^^

Do you still follow :D aaah, amazing summer memories ! I wish her all the best

Anyway, I know she's a good person, an amazing stage presence and she's a good vocalist !

Croatia will do it's best result in ages ;)

NB : DORA was very qualitative this year , a pleasure :)

Euterpa

HRT published what are the most played Dora songs on Croatian radios.

"These six songs have been played almost 2200 times. Albina and Cambi are in Top 3 for a week."

155985209_1607054659465052_927504033315299742_o.png

crashworld

Veteran
HRT published what are the most played Dora songs on Croatian radios.

"These six songs have been played almost 2200 times. Albina and Cambi are in Top 3 for a week."

Interesting considering the youtube views have Bernarda's and Nina's performances at no 2 and no 3. I wonder if those views mostly come from the international viewers.

Euterpa

Where is Nina....
Anyway Nina is most played song from Dora 2021
Interesting considering the youtube views have Bernarda's and Nina's performances at no 2 and no 3. I wonder if those views mostly come from the international viewers.

Nina said on her (reactivated) Instagram that she doesn't have to do anything with HRT, Croatian reporters or Croatian labels anymore, that she is now an independent artist. Now I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that it might be very difficult for her to be played in Croatian radios without the support of some label. Independent artists are usually struggling to be noticed in Croatia. Her advantage might be that she is a bigger name than other independent artists, but... We'll see.

I've seen much love from the international audience on Twitter for Colors, but she did came 10th with the televote, winning only 22 points. I still somehow expected her to be played on radios, since it's a very radio-friendly song. Maybe they were discouraged by the poor televote result. :/ A shame, I'd love to hear that song on the radio (although I basically only listen to radio when I'm driving xD).

crashworld

Veteran
I've seen much love from the international audience on Twitter for Colors, but she did came 10th with the televote, winning only 22 points. I still somehow expected her to be played on radios, since it's a very radio-friendly song. Maybe they were discouraged by the poor televote result. :/ A shame, I'd love to hear that song on the radio (although I basically only listen to radio when I'm driving xD).

Yup, now that you mention it, I guess it explains why Colors didn't get on the radio charts considering her song is not well-received by the Croatian public, which is really a shame though. Looking at the Spotify plays for each song on the Dora album, after Tick-Tock (getting the highest plays for obvious reasons), Colors is the second most streamed song, followed by Nina's song. Guess Colors appeal more to the international listeners.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've finally listen to Tick-Tock enough times to vote. I'm giving it an :8: and I think it's going to be the best result for Croatia since 2005.

However... My guuuuurl Bernarda had a much more interesting song and I'm sad that the croatian audience didn't respond that well to the song. Musically was much more modern and the lyrics did had a meaning behind it.

I hope she comes back!

Btw, the Tick-Tock videoclip is pure nonsense.

aef

I need to upgrade this from :6: to :7: points for now. It's such a nice 2010-ish bop. I expect this to grab a huge amount of televotes if staged well and put in a good running order!

Euterpa

Yup, now that you mention it, I guess it explains why Colors didn't get on the radio charts considering her song is not well-received by the Croatian public, which is really a shame though. Looking at the Spotify plays for each song on the Dora album, after Tick-Tock (getting the highest plays for obvious reasons), Colors is the second most streamed song, followed by Nina's song. Guess Colors appeal more to the international listeners.

It probably didn't help that our audience doesn't know Bernarda. She only made two appearances on Croatian TV/media - once in Dora 2019 and now this Dora. The only relatively unfamiliar name to the Croatian public in Top 8 is ToMa at 7th place. At 8th we have Ashley and Bojan, I guess not even being known to the public could help them with such a song. At 9th place we have Ella who was a completely new artist to us (and only God knows how many possible points she lost because they announced her as a daughter of our ex PM), Bernarda 10th, Eric who was in the Voice but didn't get very far at 11th, then Beta who also only appeared in Dora 2019 at 12th place, and Brigita who was a completely new artist with Dora being her first live performance ever at 13th. Sandi is a very known name in Croatia, but that song...those 2 girls who looked like they're uncomfortable to be there...

Now, I'm not saying that being more familiar to the public played the biggest role in the final ranking, I'm very happy with the ranking actually. But I believe that being known to our public helped Tony & Kiki get a bit higher position, and that not being known to our public possibly hurt Bernarda. Not even all people knew she was blind. My mum thought she moves a bit awkwardly so I explained to her that she is blind and that that's why the staging is as it is. I guess it's possible that many people didn't realise she's blind.

I need to upgrade this from :6: to :7: points for now. It's such a nice 2010-ish bop. I expect this to grab a huge amount of televotes if staged well and put in a good running order!

I have to say that most Croats I speak with are very happy that this song won exactly because they think it sounds modern, something Croatia wouldn't usually send. Then I see some foreigners saying it sounds like 2010. I personally don't hear this, so I am curious - what about it sounds like it's from 2010? Are there a song from that period with the sound similar to Tick-Tock, which are they? (I'm not criticising, I'm genuinely curious. I want to know because I'm confused. :D)

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
Now, I'm not saying that being more familiar to the public played the biggest role in the final ranking, I'm very happy with the ranking actually. But I believe that being known to our public helped Tony & Kiki get a bit higher position, and that not being known to our public possibly hurt Bernarda. Not even all people knew she was blind. My mum thought she moves a bit awkwardly so I explained to her that she is blind and that that's why the staging is as it is. I guess it's possible that many people didn't realise she's blind.

Yes, I didn't even realize she was blind and I felt so bad afterwards for making a comment that she needs to ditch that awkward dance moves. But I do applaud that she is not using her "disability" to get sympathy votes or as a promotion antic. But knowing that she is blind gave the song a brand new meaning.

Carian

Sorry, I am late to the party, but I'd like to say to all Croatian fans: BRAVO SUSJEDI, DOBRA VAM JE PJESMA I CURA JE SUPER LIJEPA! (subtitles for those who do not understand Croatian: Well done, neighbors, your song is great and the gurl is super pretty). I hope Slovenian televote gives you at least 10, if not 12 points! Just to annoy the rest of Europe
:gimmefive:x12pointsxcheers

aef

I have to say that most Croats I speak with are very happy that this song won exactly because they think it sounds modern, something Croatia wouldn't usually send. Then I see some foreigners saying it sounds like 2010. I personally don't hear this, so I am curious - what about it sounds like it's from 2010? Are there a song from that period with the sound similar to Tick-Tock, which are they? (I'm not criticising, I'm genuinely curious. I want to know because I'm confused. :D)

Well if the alternative is a balkan ballad or a rokko-ish song then I guess Tick-Tock is an absolutely modern 2021 pop song! :LOL: For me it has quite a broad appeal - let's describe it that way -it's not as edgy in a way as :cy: for example. It's giving me 2010-2012 summer vibes somehow... That's nothing bad! The production of the song simply doesn't sound totally current in my opinion.

Euterpa

Well if the alternative is a balkan ballad or a rokko-ish song then I guess Tick-Tock is an absolutely modern 2021 pop song! :LOL: For me it has quite a broad appeal - let's describe it that way -it's not as edgy in a way as :cy: for example. It's giving me 2010-2012 summer vibes somehow... That's nothing bad! The production of the song simply doesn't sound totally current in my opinion.

Ok, I see. Although I consider El Diablo as a different pop subgenre and the difference between the entries coming from that rather than from how current they sound.

Iker

Veteran
Ok, I see. Although I consider El Diablo as a different pop subgenre and the difference between the entries coming from that rather than from how current they sound.

For me these two songs are very different at least as far as pop music is concerned and I like only Albina's entry.

Top Bottom