11 3.9%

14 5.0%

8 2.9%

17 6.1%

6 2.1%

26 9.3%

• Total voters

Joyride

Bosnia & Herzegovina is the only Balkan country that steadly sends good songs. Last year, 'thunder and lightning' - a beautiful rock ballad - wasn't doing that great which I found very disappointing. The best ESC song ever came from B&H too, that was Lejla in 2006. I've listened to it a hundred times. Second best B&H song ever is this year's "Love in rewind", I really really REALLY love it! 6th place is more than expected, I wished it ranked higher though.

By the way: what do they mean when they sing "Sito"? Is that Bosnian?

Last edited:

sannerz

Bosnia & Herzegovina is the only Balkan country that steadly sends good songs. Last year, 'thunder and lightning' - a beautiful rock ballad - wasn't doing that great which I found very disappointing. The best ESC song ever came from B&H too, that was Lejla in 2006. I've listened to it a hundred times. Second best B&H song ever is this year's "Love in rewind", I really really REALLY love it! 6th place is more than expected, I wished it ranked higher though.

By the way: what do they mean when they sing "Sito"? Is that Bosnian?

Yes, it's in Bosnian. It means "sifter", meaning that you sift all the stuff in your life leaving only the good memories, I think.

Milos-BC

Congratulations for the excellent result Bosnia :D 6th place is a great result, even though I think it should have been even better. He wasn't very convincing in the semi, but he was just shining in the final, although I think the draw killed some of his chances. This is a song that will last long time after the contest as well. Dino is a real professional and he proved it yet again. All the best in the future career, and I hope for another remarkable entry from one of my favorite countries in ESC next year as well :D

Joyride

@ sannerz
Thank you for the explanation, I was wondering about it all the time since I first listened to this song! :)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
The representative of Bosnia and Herzegovina in 2011, Dino Merlin, will sing for a Serbian audience in a three night concert series in Belgrade Arena.

For the first time in 20 years, Dino Merlin will sing in Belgrade, the capital of Serbia. The tickets for the first day of the concert sold out in only four days which is fantastic news for all the fans of Dino Merlin in Serbia. Dino has a total of three concert’s planned in Belgrade Arena which is a record for any singer in the Arena.

His shows take place on November 25th, 26th and 27th.

Source

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Dino Merlin, the Bosnian representative at the Eurovision Song Contest 1999 and 2011 tours through some European countries. Until the 15th of December Dino gives five concerts in France, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria and Germany.

Dino_Merlin_c_BHRT.thumbnail.jpg

READ MORE HERE

aletem

I hope he comes to Toronto!!!

Little

This was my fav of esc 2011! :D

I just post this video (I checked and it wasn't posted!), where you can see in the backstage the singers singing the song Dino took in 1999 in esc!

Impressive

Banned
where you can see in the backstage the singers singing the song Dino took in 1999 in esc!
They probably haven't been even recorded

Top Bottom