5 3.2%

3 1.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AliceEsc

I'm not Austria's target group this year. It has its merits as a song, it does well what it intended to do.
I loved 2022 and 2023 and the outcome was not good, so who knows? Maybe this is the year of a good result. I'll give it a :6:

Geborgenheit

I like it, but I prefer by far the demo version which was leaked before the official release. Bring it back! This official version now doesn't have a good ending, it has no strong culmination, instead it feels like a very long song with too much repetition.

Datura

I mean true, I do not know what was in the selection. But for me personally, I'd rather take something authentic, even if it's considered boring or uncompetitive than this.

I mean my expectations for Austria were quite high ever since Peter Schreiber joined the team just judging by his personal music taste, which is quite indie and underground but I got nothing from that.
Hm but thats the thing. Orf is looking for something that will make the final so that they have good TV ratings. Every broadcaster does that. I know from a musical standpoint thats questionable, but its a tv Show and broadcasters want / need viewers. So they pick something that has the chance to go to the final.

And there aswell: u only hear the chosen Song, u have no idea what was in the selection. There were quite a lot more alternative Acts in the race but none of their Songs were really convincing (and therefore dropped out pretty early). And in the end its not the scouts who pick the song, its the ORF programm director. They search in every direction and if the mainstream party banger is the final choice that doesnt mean there were only mainstream songs in the race

Lindon

Hm but thats the thing. Orf is looking for something that will make the final so that they have good TV ratings. Every broadcaster does that. I know from a musical standpoint thats questionable, but its a tv Show and broadcasters want / need viewers. So they pick something that has the chance to go to the final.

And there aswell: u only hear the chosen Song, u have no idea what was in the selection. There were quite a lot more alternative Acts in the race but none of their Songs were really convincing (and therefore dropped out pretty early). And in the end its not the scouts who pick the song, its the ORF programm director. They search in every direction and if the mainstream party banger is the final choice that doesnt mean there were only mainstream songs in the race
If I'm not mistaken then last year show with Teya and Salena in the final was the second most watched non sport program only beaten by the broadcast of the Vienna Opera Ball.

Lindon

I like it, but I prefer by far the demo version which was leaked before the official release. Bring it back! This official version now doesn't have a good ending, it has no strong culmination, instead it feels like a very long song with too much repetition.
Besides improved sound quality I can't here much difference.

GlamSIMorous

I don’t know if anybody mentioned this. But apparently, the music video of Kaleen features some contestants of Germanys Next Top Model Cycle 19 that started 3 weeks ago. Could that be reason as of why the music video is not ready yet? Because it contains spoilers? Maybe it’s just a coincidence and there are a few guys from there in her Music video.. but it’s a little weird nonetheless.

Just a theory. Obviously don’t know if the production is part of GNTMs storyline or not. :D

ESC94

I´m afraid I´m not the target group for this kind of song. :confused:

The chorus kinda sounds ok but after that you can actually stop listening because nothing happens anymore. The melody is really hammering in your head but not in a good way and especially the part at 2:20 is really irritating and almost painful. xwall

For me :at: this year rather fits on a fair while being on a ride, there I could maybe enjoy it but I don´t really need that on the ESC stage. I give :2: because I could at least not completely unlistenable like the song I gave fewer points. It will most likely end up in the final but then probably murdered by the juries. xshrug

marty

thats what I thought too. the dance break is the strongest part of the song. it could have ended there. But on the other hand at the live performance it might be alright when the crowd will be cheering after the dance break and then the song starts all over again like a reprise.

aef

The leaked version was just not a full leak, only till the middle/ end of the dance break…

Romeo

I played this song for my mum today and she loves it! She always hates Eurovision songs but she actually loved this. She kept singing it after I played it. She's a fan

Lindon

Tomorrow 6 pm. I'm so curios how the recent conversation went between Kaleen and the US production company.

marty

Tomorrow 6 pm. I'm so curios how the recent conversation went between Kaleen and the US production company.

I would be more curious about how the conversation went between Kaleen and ORF. I guess they were very upset.

Lindon

As a middle-aged family man who mostly listens to metal, I am clearly not the demographic for this song.
But, but, but it is almost similar noisy as metal xmusic
As Kaleen said "Well, it's not a ballade" :lol:

Top Bottom