7 3.7%

8 4.3%

8 4.3%

24 12.8%

• Total voters

Carian

i understand that this isn't everyone's taste but
9 POINTS REALLY EUROPE...?

Preuss, come on, relax. Be happy that she did not end up like Czech republic in 2016. 0 points from televote. So... She did fine.

Carian

Disappointed. The crowd seemed super into it, and it’s a tragedy that this placed lower than Isaiah. We Got Love is still my favourite Aussie ESC song.

I would highly recommend you to distinguish between the arena which was full of ESC fans, and you know we like in average pop trash, and televoters. Also Finland was one of the predicted winners of the grand final, and look now. Total bottom, and actually a border qualifier from the semi final 1. So.... Not that bad :)

digitaldude

It wasnt against Australia or the song, I think the performer was noticebly bad to the average listener so 9 points make sense to me.

Realest

I predict Denmark and Malta to have voted for her. IM Curious.

tuorem

There were two delicious moments during the televoting sequence, and these 9 points were one of them. "Experts" ranked Jessica higher than many acts who performed flawlessly every single time, how come? So biased tbh.

I look forward to seeing how many points they got in the semi. They better be in the televoting top 10 because I'll holler if that isn't the case :lol:

grazy2266

I was surprised at the very low tele-vote for Australia. I know some of the Australians on twitter are fuming, but that's Eurovision and the anniversary period is over so you dont just get votes because your Australia, remember what the UK can be like don't fall into that trap, work on your songs and don't just go for crowd pleasers, Eurovision always likes a message 80% of the time lol

Preuss

Jessica was fourth in her semi final... but considering her semi final...

Carian

Jessica was fourth in her semi final... but considering her semi final...

I think all juries were high in semi 2. If Norway won the 2nd semi, then Jessica shouldn't be a surprise... Btw, you are a Norwegian, you should be upset about Ryback, not Jessica :lol:

Preuss

i dislike Rybak's song but I adore Jessica and We Got Love really, so...

Carian

i dislike Rybak's song but I adore Jessica and We Got Love really, so...

Your comment actually makes my point even more logical :) Rybak's song was utter rubish, and he won. So don't take 2nd semi results too seriously. Neither you should take grand final's results too seriously. It's all just entertainment! xlovexrunhug

DaFlo

Banned
82 televoting points in the semi.

Now y'all stop complaining about juries pushing Australia through xsnooty

Preuss

2 televote points from Denmark
6 from Malta
1 from UK

Swedenvision

The televotes was pathetic to be honest, she didn´t deserve that low points at all.:mad:

Both :se: and :au: always sends high quality songs, thank god that we have professionals in the juries.

ZoboCamel

you dont just get votes because your Australia, remember what the UK can be like don't fall into that trap

Please tell this to the majority of people in the Australian fandom :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I think our result was fine on the whole. I don't think we deserved last place with the televoters, but equal 11th with the juries was also a little bit high for my likings; the average of 20th place feels right. It's roughly where I had Australia in my top 43 for this year.

Hopefully SBS rethinks their strategy going forward and decides to go for something other than "pleasant and enthusiastically-performed but otherwise bland piece of cardboard."

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Please tell this to the majority of people in the Australian fandom :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I think our result was fine on the whole. I don't think we deserved last place with the televoters, but equal 11th with the juries was also a little bit high for my likings; the average of 20th place feels right. It's roughly where I had Australia in my top 43 for this year.

Hopefully SBS rethinks their strategy going forward and decides to go for something other than "pleasant and enthusiastically-performed but otherwise bland piece of cardboard."

No matter, SJB will make her grand come back to take a great big steaming dump all over it with the staging.

southernstars

I haven't been around on this forum this Eurovision season :( Wish I had !! But anyway... When I first saw the televote result I was shocked. Now that I've had some hours to think about it (whilst all of Europe is sleeping :p) I guess our placing wasn't THAT bad in the end. It wasn't the greatest song in the world, and I don't think she sang as well in the final - I think nerves got to her. But there was a collective 'boo' in the crowd when that televote was released. Maybe they also expected us to get a little higher than we did?

Hopefully we can regroup and send something with a bit more meaning...
In saying that, where did sending something with meaning get Italy and France?!

A-lister

Veteran
For the second year in a row, we saw clearly the dis-relation between juries and the televoters in regards to Australia, however unlike last year, I did think Australia deserved a somewhat better outcome and for sure she deserved better than dead-last with the televoters. However, as much as I like her energy and positivity on stage, it's still a messy staging without concept, the dancing looks clumsy and the styling didn't do her any justice, in fact it made her look like a glittery sack of potatoes stumbling around the stage without compass. I think Jessica seems to be a very nice person who was really into this and connected with the audience, so all kudos to her, but yeah bad staging, styling and shaky vocals and a song that is just an ok Pop song, but nothing spectacular, shouldn't be enough for a high position regardless of how nice you are of a person and how into this you are.

Still though, and I said this from the get-go, the best Australian entry in Eurovision to date. I don't care that they faired better in the past, I don't care if Dami got an undeserved 100000+ points from the juries a couple of years ago, this entry at least had some warmth to it which I didn't see in previous Aussie entries.

Top Bottom