Contact us

American Song Contest

popavapeur

I expected so little of the ASC that i'm kind of surprised they actually have some staging for some of the songs. I mean for a first it's better than I expected. First season of any american tv show is always lacklustre till they realize it has potential and make it big in season 2. It kinda looks like a melodifestivalen and it's not bad ? but I truly hope it gets big during the finale with a full arena full of people and such

Fluke

I think they look okay, and you have to consider rehearsal clips always look messy, because of the camera angles, lighting etc, just think of what the ESC rehearsal clips usually look like. Even Indiana seems better than i expected, the song quality seems really promising overall now. Mississippi and Wisconsin seems especially strong to me.

Etanna

If I understand correctly, as Europeans our chance to watch the show is always with 1 week delay, right? Also, is the NBC going to post the performances on YouTube?

nunaney

That is correct. Iceland is apparently going to be showing it live too, but it will still be geoblocked.

This is the list of European countries that will air it. Some of them have almost a week delay.

kS3OjED.jpg

midnightsun

Veteran
I‘m a BIT excited. These snippets aren’t that bad actually ( would be mediocre in Eurovision though) and very different from what I expected the songs would sound like. Of course one notices the Eurovision influence and some songs sound very much forced to match the Eurovision genres (I wonder if there are some bootcamp / melfest rejects in there… wouldn’t be surprised).

midnightsun

Veteran
We can’t watch it anyway today, can we? I thought ServusTV is broadcasting the show one week later. Maybe we‘ll get the stream earlier. I think no one in Europe is able to watch due to different time zones…

FilipFromSweden

I'm actually excited for this!!!

FilipFromSweden

Just watched the preview that NBC released with the rehearsals.

It looks just like a random talent show. Normal stage, nothing special.

I honestly can’t see this lasting for many years
It took yeaaars for Eurovision to become what it is today, take a look back at 1956. You have to be fair and not have too high standards for it at the start

bstream

Surreal to see Christer Bjorkman's name appear on American national TV

Top Bottom