Contact us

American Song Contest

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
*stands like a brick* WE GOTTA MAKE THIS A BEAUTIFUL WORLD

Will you host, Connecticut? Iconic. Bolton ftw!!

hawadharma

OMG AleXa definitely wins Heat 1

My guess:

Jury Qualifier:
  • Oklahoma: AleXa – "Wonderland"
Televotes Qualifier:
  • Wyoming: Ryan Charles – "New Boot Goofin'"
  • Connecticut: Michael Bolton – "Beautiful World"
  • Mississippi: Keyone Starr – "Fire"

midnightsun

Veteran
The three winner songs of the public votes will be announced next week at the beginning of the second heat.

The jury, consisting of 56 people (one member of each state) voted for their favourite song too. It was already announced yesterday.

Spoiler alert! Click here if you wanna know the result.

If you want to watch all live performances first, they are available here:

(I just googled the performances, so you can use any other website, I don’t know the website above).

Betwixt Tales

Wait, wait, wait, I just heard that they can use a backup track. Meaning, while they may be singing, they can rely on the recoded vocals to carry them through. That just takes everything out of the contest. If one singer is going all live vocals, and another is relying on a recording, then how are you supposed to judge those fairly? This is complete bull.
I thought everyone was singing live. It's right there in the title of the YT videos: LIVE | NBC's American Song Contest :cautious:

I bims

Veteran
I just watched AleXa's performance. So they don't have the limit of just 6 people on stage AND they can just fully lip synch? That's just complete fucking bullshit.

EDIT: I'm also shocked that people are really so incapable of clocking a lip synch. This is so obvious and all the K-Pop teens are like "OMG she's such a good singer" ... please...

Etanna

It's so unusual to hear so much fluent English :lol:

I also agree about Alexa - did she sing anything at all? The song is good, but the performance is rubbish if she didn't bother to sing her own song

hawadharma

The three winner songs of the public votes will be announced next week at the beginning of the second heat.

The jury, consisting of 56 people (one member of each state) voted for their favourite song too. It was already announced yesterday.

Spoiler alert! Click here if you wanna know the result.

If you want to watch all live performances first, they are available here:

(I just googled the performances, so you can use any other website, I don’t know the website above).

Not a bad qualifier I think.

So it's like Miss Congeniality where Miss Rhode Islands won and nobody expects that :LOL:
Hope Miss New Jersey will come and save the day :ROFLMAO:

Looren

Veteran
Just catched up :

1. Connecticut : Michael Bolton - Beautiful World (10/10)
2. Rhode Island : Hueston - Held On Too Long (10/10)
3. Arkansas : Kelsey Lamb - Never Like This (10/10)
4. Oklahoma : AleXa - Wonderland (9/10)

5. Puerto Rico : Christian Pagan - Loko (9/10)
6. Iowa : Alisabeth Von Presley - Wonder (5/10)

7. Mississipi : Keyone Starr - Fire (5/10)
8. Minnesota : Yam Haus - Ready To Go (4/10)
9. Wisconsin : Jake'O - Feel Your Love (3/10)

10. Indiana : UG Skywalkin - Love In My City (1/10)
11. Wyoming : Ryan Charles - New Boot Goofin (1/10)

popavapeur

I just watched AleXa's performance. So they don't have the limit of just 6 people on stage AND they can just fully lip synch? That's just complete fucking bullshit.

EDIT: I'm also shocked that people are really so incapable of clocking a lip synch. This is so obvious and all the K-Pop teens are like "OMG she's such a good singer" ... please...
It's kinda weird honestly

Here is a video removing all the backing tracks, she doesn't sing the chorus but sing all the verses and she obviously can sing ?

EDIT : I'll post one from Wonderland as soon as it's done, kpop artists often sing with a backing track cause they're doing choreo and jumps and such but they actually are good vocalists as the kpop industry train them for months and years and basically you're quickly unmasked if you're not a good performer with all those videos separating tracks. Alexa doesn't come from a big agency though so I don't know how much time she trained before debuting but from the moneymakers in the business they're all good singers (when you let them sing ofc)

midnightsun

Veteran
I noticed many artist were lipsync. I mean you could hear them "sing“ at times but it was more breathing, talking, screaming keywords… and you could hear the playback very well. It‘s a major down for me too but I guess that’s the price we have to pay for having over the top performances.

Romeo

Anyone have a link for the show? I missed it live and was hoping to watch tonight

Miss Antartica

Show
18-49% demoViewers% mil
demochange(mil)change
8:00 PM
ABC(n)American Idol (Mon)0.7-5.41%†5.154.21%†
FOX(n)9-1-10.7-16.67%5.11-5.25%
CBS(n)The Neighborhood0.6-6.25%5.60-3.53%
NBC(n)American Song Contest (series debut)0.52.89
CW(n)All American0.217.65%0.62-7.21%
8:30 PM
CBS(n)Bob ❤ Abishola0.5-16.67%5.20-8.95%