Contact us

American Song Contest

tsegaye

Since I have some relatives in Illinois I havn't talked to in 15 years I'll be rooting for Justin Jesso!! He was on Kygo's Stargazing and helped writing it so I feel hopeful about him!

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
I'm so freaking excited to see Macy Gray(!) for Ohio. I mean, it's just below Michigan, so I can root for her without totally abandoning my family ties to Michigan, right? xblush
Don't let any of your family in Michigan hear you say that; they're bitter rivals :lol:

tsegaye

SVT:s press mail has released more information about the qualification rules of the contest:

In each heat, 4 out of 11 or 12 will qualify for the semis. 1 will be the jury qualifier, 3 will be from the televote. However, the televoting qualifiers won't be announced until the beginning of the next week's episode, and you can vote for each act except the jury qualifier during the week. The jury will consist of one person from each state/territorium.

The same rules will apply from the semis to the final. Except the 20 songs that have qualified for the semis the jury will choose two "redemption songs" to qualify for the semis as well. The premise of this choice is that the two songs are those who have gained most attention outside of the show, on charts/youtube/spotify etc. The televoters choose 5 songs from each semi to qualify for the final. In the final the points will be revealed Eurovision style, but it is unclear exactly how the point distribution will look like.

yulara

why do they have to organize it at the same time of the year as ESC ? we already have plenty of things to do and follow...

by the way, do you know if the show will be available in Europe ?

tomos2019

I think we will have all the songs by the time the ''A''SC is eventually on so maybe it won't actually seem like a clash of interests at the time. As for the Asian contest I've always wanted though, I think possibly I'd like it from September-December like the ABU Festival/Turkvision!

popavapeur

SVT:s press mail has released more information about the qualification rules of the contest:

In each heat, 4 out of 11 or 12 will qualify for the semis. 1 will be the jury qualifier, 3 will be from the televote. However, the televoting qualifiers won't be announced until the beginning of the next week's episode, and you can vote for each act except the jury qualifier during the week. The jury will consist of one person from each state/territorium.

The same rules will apply from the semis to the final. Except the 20 songs that have qualified for the semis the jury will choose two "redemption songs" to qualify for the semis as well. The premise of this choice is that the two songs are those who have gained most attention outside of the show, on charts/youtube/spotify etc. The televoters choose 5 songs from each semi to qualify for the final. In the final the points will be revealed Eurovision style, but it is unclear exactly how the point distribution will look like.
imma be honest, i'm a dumb bitch and i understood half of it
but i'm sure it's gonna be interesting

EDIT : actually trying to figure it out.
So 50+ states divided into 5-6 heat I guess
4 qualifiers in each heat so : 20-24songs

And they're still doing semi final after that ? not a big final like the 26 we have in ESC ?

I didn''t get if the two saved by the juries are from the heats to the semis or from the semis to the final ?

Then we have like between 10/11/12 in each semi, televoters choose 5 songs and so we have a final with 10 ? (or 12 if the juries are saving 2 from the semis, or 14 if they save 2 from each semi) this is hella confusing. They want it to be Melfest Like ? with a few songs instead of a big contest of 26 songs ?

EDIT OF AN EDIT : I just remembered that a 60min shows transforms itself in a 90min show with the ads. So it makes hella sense having less songs in the final, even with 10 songs it's gonna last at least 2 hours, so imagine a 26 songs contest, we're in for the night.

Last edited:

popavapeur

I have another question, who funds each entry ? it's a little broadcaster in each state ? it's the artist itself and NBC just stage everything afterwards ? it is the money from the state ?

Miss Antartica

I have another question, who funds each entry ? it's a little broadcaster in each state ? it's the artist itself and NBC just stage everything afterwards ? it is the money from the state ?
NBC PAY FOR EVERTHING, ASC IS DIFFERENT much more less expansive then esc

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I found this on reddit.

Qualifier 1, March 21:

• Arkansas: Kelsey Lamb
  • Illinois: Justin Jesso
  • Indiana: UG skywalkin feat. Maxie, “LOVE IN MY CITY”
  • Iowa: Alisabeth Von Presley
  • Minnesota: Yam Haus, “Ready to Go”
  • Mississippi: Keyone Starr
  • Oklahoma: AleXa, “Wonderland”
  • Puerto Rico: Christian Pagán, “LOKO”
  • Rhode Island: Hueston, “Held On Too Long”
  • Wisconsin: Jake’O
  • Wyoming: Ryan Charles
Qualifier 2, March 28:

• Maine: King Kyote, “Get Out Alive”
  • Montana: Jonah Prill
  • New York: ENISA
  • Oregon: courtship., “Million Dollar Smoothies”
Qualifier 3, April 4:

• New Jersey: Brooke Alexx
  • South Carolina: Jesse LeProtti
  • South Dakota: Judd Hoos, “Bad Girl”
  • Tennessee: Tyler Braden, “Seventeen”
  • Texas: Grant Knoche
Qualifier 4, April 11:

• Maryland: Sisqó (this is not confirmed but based on tour dates it’s the only feasible one for him)
  • Missouri: Brett Seper, “Can’t Stay Away”
  • Washington: Allen Stone, “A Little Bit of Both”
Qualifier 5, April 18:

• New Mexico: Khalisol

Lindon

In Austria, the broadcaster "Servus TV" has secured the rights to the shows. The channel, which belongs to the Austrian Red Bull Group, will broadcast the "American Song Contest" with a delay of around one week. The channel is also available via satellite and many cable networks in Germany and Switzerland.

Last edited:

njdevils94

Veteran
Pretty much confirmed now that the first qualifying heat will contain....

Heat 1
Arkansas
Connecticut
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Minnesota
Mississippi
Oklahoma
Puerto Rico
Rhode Island
Wisconsin

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just watched the preview that NBC released with the rehearsals.

It looks just like a random talent show. Normal stage, nothing special.

I honestly can’t see this lasting for many years

empo21

Veteran
I loved that preview, mostly because it's exactly what I expected from Americavision. I love how it's scratching that Melodifestivalen itch so good.

Heat 1 is not bad, nothing groundbreaking either, but ASC might be coming to kick our asses :D

hijirio

Veteran
AleXa dropped the

I'm shoooooooocked that she's in.

my fave is her, then the W-O-M-A-N song

the entries are kinda borefest, nothing groundbreaking so far.
feels like the Australian NF.

Top Bottom