• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
Just saw videos of the shelling of Kharkiv as well as several dead bodies on the ground, blood.

Disgusting and devastating. A heinous crime to humanity.

Around midnight, a friend from Western Ukraine will arrive in my city and a very good friend will host her (she finally passed the Polish border a few hours ago). We saw her in December the last time (she was here in Germany). I would have nevert thought we are about to meet under these circumstances.

Again, if anyone from this forum gets out of the country, you can stay in our place. We have a spare room.

I'm glad ferret seems to be alright
Please take care and stay safe!

Chorizo

Also I think we were asked to move political discussions into the fitting forum. So we might as well open a thread "Why Germany is the second worst country in Europe after Russia" there. xheat
Maybe I should start my posts that are critical of Germany with a trigger warning.

Returning to the topic of music and Eurovision: One of those might soon be needed when I comment on Germany's entry this year.

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
Let's get this thread back on topic, shall we! :)

To make this thread easier to follow for the Eurovision side of things, and to get us back on track, all the posts discussing the more heavier/serious political side of the ongoing war in Ukraine, as well as all the latest news on the matter, have been moved to THIS THREAD, so please use that thread for such posts going forth.

Expressing concerns, sympathies, worries and support for Ukraine is obviously more than welcome here. 🇺🇦 xheart Just try to keep your posts related to Eurovision, please.

Rob

Let's get this thread back on topic, shall we! :)

To make this thread easier to follow for the Eurovision side of things, and to get us back on track, all the posts discussing the more heavier/serious political side of the ongoing war in Ukraine, as well as all the latest news on the matter, have been moved to THIS THREAD, so please use that thread for such posts going forth.

Expressing concerns, sympathies, worries and support for Ukraine is obviously more than welcome here. 🇺🇦 xheart Just try to keep your posts related to Eurovision, please.
💙💛

AlekS

Veteran
Russia shelled the TV tower.

mJ2O99c.jpg

It's not damaged heavily tho. The additional power will be restored and T2 broadcast will resume shortly (everything else is working).
The whole park territory is the Holocaust Memorial with Jewish remains.
PBC building is on the left.

Edit: 5 people died (not PBC workers).

Last edited:

lacrymea

Sending my true love to all my Ukrainian brothers and sisters. Please stay safe. ❤️

As for this year's entry (which I kept postponing hearing, don't know why... ), it's a solid :12:. Alongside with Italy, my two favorites of the year so far.

nudiecrudi

I think Ukraine should be considered as a superstar guest this year but without competing. I don't know if all this situation the Ukrainians are living would influence the sensations of the juries and audience.
Does it have any sense if all juries award Ukraine and the public too?
Just to precise that I don't have any problem if Ukraine wins but that idea of equity in this case couldn't be applied for obvious reasons. Our eyes are full of tears watching all those terrible images of people leaving their homes or dying under the bombs. It's human to prove solidarity.
Or transform this event in a solidarity mega concert and give an honor win to Ukraine without competing.

Mainshow

Veteran
If Russian troops continue bombing Kyiv - like they just did (TV tower, close to the building of the broadcaster), they will not be able to take part anyway and have to withdraw. Or if there´s no independent Ukraine in May anymore.

As long as Ukraine does exist, the country has every right to compete - no matter how often televoters may or may not be voting for "Stefania".

I´m tired of such claims - Ukraine won in 2016 because of politics and people were in favor of Ukrainians (even though Russia won the televoting). Germany won because of politics in 2010 because "Germany had money at a time when Europe faced a huge financial crises". Austria won because of politics in 2014 because "Eurovision has been undercut and infiltrated by homosexuals" (something which has been said by pedestrians on German TV).

If we ban an independent country from entering Eurovision now because televoters may support a country because of what´s going on in their country, we will have to ban other countries in the near future as well - maybe a country which heavily gets affected by a natural disaster? or a disease? or a huge car crash killing 50 children who where on their way to school shortly prior before the contest? a terror act?
(Some fans even claimed that France will win in 2017 after the islamist attacks in Paris and since "Requiem" had to perform last and the Eiffel Tower was shown during Alma´s performance).

Letting Ukraine perform as part of an interval act should only be an option IF Ukraine can´t compete this year anymore.

Miss Antartica

I think Ukraine should be considered as a superstar guest this year but without competing. I don't know if all this situation the Ukrainians are living would influence the sensations of the juries and audience.
Does it have any sense if all juries award Ukraine and the public too?
Just to precise that I don't have any problem if Ukraine wins but that idea of equity in this case couldn't be applied for obvious reasons. Our eyes are full of tears watching all those terrible images of people leaving their homes or dying under the bombs. It's human to prove solidarity.
Or transform this event in a solidarity mega concert and give an honor win to Ukraine without competing.
after all that deaths people the only decent solution is withrew, they are under a war and song in a song contest is inopropiate.

Mainshow

Veteran
We can still wait a bit more - I mean, the EBU will probably let Ukraine withdraw without any consequences prior the contest IF the war continues but yeah, I also believe that they will withdraw anyway - I mean, how can they take part when the Russian troops continue bombing Kyiv´s infrastructure - the channel/broadcaster will be heavily effected as well.

nudiecrudi

We can still wait a bit more - I mean, the EBU will probably let Ukraine withdraw without any consequences prior the contest IF the war continues but yeah, I also believe that they will withdraw anyway - I mean, how can they take part when the Russian troops continue bombing Kyiv´s infrastructure - the channel/broadcaster will be heavily effected as well.
Please don't misunderstand me.
I just wanted to share a sincere thought.
Ukraine is living a tragedy and being part of ESC is their last problem.
I hope this situation will be resolved as soon as possible.
Somehow this problem has to be faced after a while.

GermanBango

I mean pretty sure the guys of Kalush are prohibited to leave the country anyway. (No man between the ages of 18 and 60 is allowed to leave)
Then again who knows what`s gonna happen in the next two months. At this point I don`t even care who is winning Eurovision this year - if they compete and get pity points I am ok with that. It`s not like that is gonna make or break the Contest.
Eurovision without Ukraine is no real Eurovision imo.

Mainshow

Veteran
Please don't misunderstand me.
I just wanted to share a sincere thought.
Ukraine is living a tragedy and being part of ESC is their last problem.
I hope this situation will be resolved as soon as possible.
Somehow this problem has to be faced after a while.
I didn´t want to aim at your message directly (even though it clearly was the reason I wanted to post a comment into this thread).
I just have seen a few comments here and also on FB that some fans would prefer to see Ukraine being "just an inteval act" to not influence televoters because they might show sympathy and solidarity for them.

Personally, I just think it´s a very strange call to make at this point - I totally get where you and others are coming from and I´m not that naive and say that it will not have an effect on the actual votes (Ukraine´s #1 in the betting odds now) - but I still think that we have more than 2 months left and a lot can change at that time and at this stage, each and every EBU member can take part in Eurovision - despite how much or less it may get supported by viewers because of recent events like wars, casualities, diseases, natural disasters etc.

Btw, I forgot to mention that some of the members of the German fanclub even said that Italy would probably win in 2020 because of "their suffering/death tolls during the pandemic" - not because Diodato had a stellar entry.

Of course, such thoughts can be formed - but I don´t think that countries should be banned for the "reason" of some fans may fear viewers will "prefer them to other countries because of what´s been happening in their country/the world".

Last edited:
Top Bottom