16 8.3%

21 10.9%

14 7.3%

14 7.3%

13 6.8%

27 14.1%

• Total voters

Alberca

stop this!!! we don´t need this!!! sorry and sorry....40 years with sorry and sorry...!! this is the worst music contest we can be!! RTP WITHDRAW THIS!! WE DONT WANT OUR COUNTRY IN THIS !!

This is THE best music contest in the whole world. I must say I loved the song, but, excuse me, Leonor has a rather weak voice for it. She may nail other genres, but not this song. Had any other singer with a stronger voice sung this, they would have gone through. And I do really feel sorry for the song, which was good, and for the country, because I love Portugal, but let's be honest: this was not a qualifier today.

mykka

The performance was good but the song still sucks imo.

Lightcity calm down, you look like a chick pmsing. RTP shouldn't withdraw, RTP should retire and give the responsibility to another channel, or simply fire everyone that has been behind FDC for the last 5 years at least. Its their fault we're in this mess.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Potential to qualify?? do you know anything about the portuguese music history?? is this a question of a country can have or not potential to qualifier? tell me why Poland was qualify? and the crap Montenegro? ahahaha

I know about Portugal's music history in Eurovision. It hasn't been the best as it's not really what the rest of Europe really gets. There is a pattern there with Portugal, it's not just a one-off type of scenario. From 2008 to 2010, they qualified cause they had songs that people were connecting with and they can do it again.

Regarding Poland and Montenegro, obviously it comes down to personal taste. I happen to like Montenegro but also don't really feel the Polish song.

lightcity

[MENTION=14818]lightcity[/MENTION] Jesus, what an attitude!
attitude of someone that don't want to have his country in this contest! the history of Portugal in ESC is to bad! Im not a sadic person, but it seams that all portuguese esc fans are sadic with their country because want to stay and stay!! see what Italy made to ESC some years ago: withdraw, see Monaco , see luxembourg and many others, but Portugal is the glorious loser and want to stay!! open your eyes portuguese´s!!

lightcity

I know about Portugal's music history in Eurovision. It hasn't been the best as it's not really what the rest of Europe really gets. There is a pattern there with Portugal, it's not just a one-off type of scenario. From 2008 to 2010, they qualified cause they had songs that people were connecting with and they can do it again.

Regarding Poland and Montenegro, obviously it comes down to personal taste. I happen to like Montenegro but also don't really feel the Polish song.

sorry I did´t mean the history of portuguese music in ESC....I was talking about the 900 years of the history portuguese music!! And I ask you againg: do you know anything about the history of the portuguese music? do you know what is Fado and his history?

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
attitude of someone that don't want to have his country in this contest! the history of Portugal in ESC is to bad! Im not a sadic person, but it seams that all portuguese esc fans are sadic with their country because want to stay and stay!! see what Italy made to ESC some years ago: withdraw, see Monaco , see luxembourg and many others, but Portugal is the glorious loser and want to stay!! open your eyes portuguese´s!!

Not sure why you're spending your time on a Eurovision forum if you want them to withdraw, seems counter productive.

Look, I understand that not qualifying for a few years sucks, it happens to Lativa, Israel, Netherlands and others. Now Portugal can do it, they have done it in the past. Yes they failed to qualify four years in a row (although 2011 doesn't really count if you ask me). In 2014, Suzi was very popular with the televoters and they missed qualification by 1 point. They can do it, stay optimistic even though I understand today may not be a good day for that.

Alberca

Or better yet: send an appropriate song! Flor-de-Lis and Vânia were rrrreally gorgeous. Vânia had won, had there been only a professional jury. You wanna win? Send a song in English made by Swedish which tells nothing about the Portuguese music scene. You'll get better results. Winning? Difficult, but not impossible! Look Austria, a country with no special ties to other groups of countries.

Franzilein

I think that the song and the staging weren't too bad, however Leonor's voice is far too weak... and I think that's been Portugal's problem the past years. The singers aren't convincing :/

lightcity

This is THE best music contest in the whole world. I must say I loved the song, but, excuse me, Leonor has a rather weak voice for it. She may nail other genres, but not this song. Had any other singer with a stronger voice sung this, they would have gone through. And I do really feel sorry for the song, which was good, and for the country, because I love Portugal, but let's be honest: this was not a qualifier today.

I am honest and I really don´t like the song even the great voice of leonor, but what about the Crap Poland? I also hate conchita and her music last year and she won!! lets be honest: she won because she is the Lady-Man and nothing more!!is this a music contest or what?

lightcity

Or better yet: send an appropriate song! Flor-de-Lis and Vânia were rrrreally gorgeous. Vânia had won, had there been only a professional jury. You wanna win? Send a song in English made by Swedish which tells nothing about the Portuguese music scene. You'll get better results. Winning? Difficult, but not impossible! Look Austria, a country with no special ties to other groups of countries.

But I don't want to send someone singing in english a music made by a swedish or other...for me those are not music with quality!!! that is another reason I want my country out of this!! did you talk about Austria? ahahaha why did they won?? you don't know really?? if not you really don't understand the spirit of ESC!

Alberca

I am honest and I really don´t like the song even the great voice of leonor, but what about the Crap Poland? I also hate conchita and her music last year and she won!! lets be honest: she won because she is the Lady-Man and nothing more!!is this a music contest or what?

Ó meu querido, I hope you realise sooner than later that taste is not an objective thing. I loved Conchita's song. It was in my top 6 (yes, it was my 6th favourite). And yes, I also think Poland should not have qualified... but that's my personal opinion! I will not burn this city down because other people think the Polish entry (or Poland) deserves being in the final.

lightcity

Not sure why you're spending your time on a Eurovision forum if you want them to withdraw, seems counter productive.

Look, I understand that not qualifying for a few years sucks, it happens to Lativa, Israel, Netherlands and others. Now Portugal can do it, they have done it in the past. Yes they failed to qualify four years in a row (although 2011 doesn't really count if you ask me). In 2014, Suzi was very popular with the televoters and they missed qualification by 1 point. They can do it, stay optimistic even though I understand today may not be a good day for that.

ahah suzy was terrible and her music much more terrible!!! why I am were? because I want to open the eyes of portuguese people that are around in this forums talking about hope someone it will happen! I say: this will not happen ever!

Gerly

It must be the first time I am in this section as I even haven't given this song points in the poll. Let's hope for sth catchy next year. This song didn't lead to anywhere even though I believe it was performed as well as possible.

mykka

Enquanto continuar a ser a RTP, que está presa ao passado, a decidir o nosso rumo, estamos condenados. Parabéns à Leonor que esteve bem, mas a canção era super banal. Para quando uma limpeza nos produtores e nos velhos do restelo que estão por detrás de cada decisão do nosso FDC? É que com estes ta mais que visto que nunca iremos a lado nenhum. E depois temos os pseudo patriotas que insistem que cantemos em português mas que depois têm os ipods cheios de canções inglesas, deixem-se de hipocrisias. A realidade é que cantar em inglês é um passo em frente e uma grande ajuda, nem que seja só de vez em quando. A Eurovisão há muito que deixou de ser um show cultural, ninguém quer saber se isto "representa Portugal" ou não, interessa se a canção é boa, moderna e que nos entendem. Não vemos os suecos ou os polacos ou os russos com crises de identidade por cantarem em inglês e não enviarem "kalinka" ou musica folklore tradicional todos os anos. Temos de nos adaptar à nova realidade, mas como sempre vamos com anos de atraso.

lacrymea

ahah suzy was terrible and her music much more terrible!!! why I am were? because I want to open the eyes of portuguese people that are around in this forums talking about hope someone it will happen! I say: this will not happen ever!

You won't convince anyone shouting and being angry. Not here. And as long as you continue to blame Europe instead of RTP itself, it's pointless.

lightcity

Ó meu querido, I hope you realise sooner than later that taste is not an objective thing. I loved Conchita's song. It was in my top 6 (yes, it was my 6th favourite). And yes, I also think Poland should not have qualified... but that's my personal opinion! I will not burn this city down because other people think the Polish entry (or Poland) deserves being in the final.

this is not my case...sorry, what I mean is esc can be what it is and what all broadcasts give opportunity, what I´ve said is that is nothing linked to music, and I don't what my country in this! this history of bridges and love is bla bla bla bla....nothing more!!

lightcity

Enquanto continuar a ser a RTP, que está presa ao passado, a decidir o nosso rumo, estamos condenados. Parabéns à Leonor que esteve bem, mas a canção era super banal. Para quando uma limpeza nos produtores e nos velhos do restelo que estão por detrás de cada decisão do nosso FDC? É que com estes ta mais que visto que nunca iremos a lado nenhum. E depois temos os pseudo patriotas que insistem que cantemos em português mas que depois têm os ipods cheios de canções inglesas, deixem-se de hipocrisias. A realidade é que cantar em inglês é um passo em frente e uma grande ajuda, nem que seja só de vez em quando. A Eurovisão há muito que deixou de ser um show cultural, ninguém quer saber se isto "representa Portugal" ou não, interessa se a canção é boa, moderna e que nos entendem. Não vemos os suecos ou os polacos ou os russos com crises de identidade por cantarem em inglês e não enviarem "kalinka" ou musica folklore tradicional todos os anos. Temos de nos adaptar à nova realidade, mas como sempre vamos com anos de atraso.
um passo em frente é de uma vez por todas sair deste certame: com musica de qualidade duvidosa, sem apoio de marketing ( para não gastar dinheiro!!) e com a localização geográfica do pais....jamais se conseguirá alguma coisa...e assim sendo, gastar dinheiro dos contribuintes sem qualquer retorno só para se dizer que estamos presentes...que saiamos orgulhosamente deste certame que já é tudo menos um concurso musical, olhemos para o que fez anteriormente a italia, o Mónaco e Luxembourgo

Top Bottom