No less than five songs will be chosen this week – and that’s just the start! It’s another busy weekend in Eurovision land with 11 different shows, so let us guide you through the coming seven days across the continent.
?? Friday 24th February – Moldova – O melodie pentru Europa 2017 Semi-Final
Moldova kick off their selection and this week with a massive 15-song semi-final. SunStroke Project make their bid to return to the Eurovision stage (can you believe it’s been seven years since Epic Sax Guy?) alongside some other familiar faces including Valeria Pașa.
- Vozniuc ft. Vio Grecu – Don’t Lie
- Emilia Russu – If Only You
- Sandy C – A Beautiful World
- Valeria Pașa – Freedom
- Valentina Nejel & Sergiu Pungă – Ne-a fost iubirea un joc
- Ethno Republic & Surorile Osoianu – Discover Moldova
- Marks & Stefanet – Join Us In The Rain
- Aurel Chirtoacă – Dor de mamă
- Big Flash Sound – Logic
- SunStroke Project – Hey Mamma
- Diana Brescan – Breath
- Nadia Moșneagu – Never Give Up On Us
- Samir Loghin – Glow
- THE ONE – Dance
?? Friday 24th February – Slovenia – EMA 2017
After two semi-finals in quick succession last weekend, we now have the final eight for Slovenia;
- Sell Out – Ni panike
- Nuška Drašček – Flower In The Snow
- Tim Kores – Open Fire
- Nika Zorjan – Fse
- KiNG FOO – Wild Ride
- Omar Naber – On My Way
- BQL – Heart of Gold
- Raiven – Zažarim
One of the acts will be chosen to represent the Balkan nation in Kiev – and an upwards trend in results for Slovenia will be the aim in 2017!
#YOU can vote in our poll for the EMA 2017 final HERE.
?? Saturday 25th February – Denmark – Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2017
The songs were released today, and this Saturday Denmark will choose its hopeful for Eurovision. The Danes have shuddered to a halt on their qualification streak, with their hosting also being the last appearance for Denmark in the final in 2014. Can one of these acts return the Danes to the big time? #YOU can vote in our poll for Denmark now!
- Ida Una – One
- Thomas Ring – Vesterbro
- Rikke Skytte – Color My World
- Anja Nissen – Where I Am
- Calling Mercury – Big Little Lies
- Anthony – Smoke In My Eyes
- René Machon – Warriors
- Sada Vidoo – Northern Lights
- Jeanette Bonde – Hurricane
- Johanna Bejibom – ASAP
?? Saturday 25th February – Iceland – Söngvakeppnin 2017 Semi-Final 1
The final Nordic nation to kick off their selection is Iceland, who begin the annual Söngvakeppnin celebrations this Saturday. With Icelandic being the order of the day (at least for now), which of the six acts will make it through to the next round? Only half of the performers can qualify…
- Aron Hannes Emilsson – Nótt
- Hildur – Bammbaramm
- Rúnar Eff Rúnarsson – Mér við hli
- Júlí Heiðar Halldórsson & Þórdís Birna Borgarsdóttir – Heim til þín
- Erna Mist Pétursdóttir – Skuggamynd
- Arnar Jónsson & Rakel Pálsdóttir – Til mín
Iceland, like Denmark, will be hoping to return to the grand final in Kiev after two years of surprising failures. Do any of the entries have that star quality?
?? Saturday 25th February – Lithuania – Eurovizijos Atranka 2017 Show 8
After months of preparation we are nearing the closing stages of Lithuania’s marathon selection. In truth, there remains just three more shows in the selection. The second quarter-final of the competition takes place this Saturday, with four songs progressing to the penultimate round next week.
- Alanas Chošnau – 7 Days
- Paula – Let U Go
- Gabrielius Vagelis – Feel Myself Free
- Queen of Roses – Fisherman
- Kotryna Juodzevičiūtė – Love Shadow
- Mia – Sacrifice
- Fusedmarc – Rain of Revolution
- Valerija Iljinaitė – You Made Me Glow
?? Saturday 25th February – Moldova – O melodie pentru Europa 2017 Final
Moldova’s remaining eight acts will perform once again, with one being chosen to represent Moldova in the short hop over to Kiev in May. Can Moldova make it back to the final for the first time since Aliona Moon in 2013?
?? Saturday 25th February – Sweden – Melodifestivalen 2017 Semi-Final 4
All eyes are on Sweden, and in particular Skellefteå this week, and for very very good reason – this week sees the long-awaited return of 2012’s champion Loreen to Melodifestivalen. Many fans are holding out hope for another Eurovision winner, but will the reality live up to the hype? The ‘semi of death’ also sees Wiktoria and Jon-Henrik Fjällgren returning to the Swedish selection, and both will be hoping to make it to the final again.
This week’s line up is;
- Jon Henrik Fjällgren ft. Aninia – En värld full av strider
(Vearelde gusnie jeenh vigkieh)
- Alice – Running With Lions
- Les Gordons – Bound To Fall
- Wiktoria – As I Lay Me Down
- Axel Schylström – När ingen ser
- Sara Varga & Juha Mulari – Du får inte ändra på mig
- Loreen – Statements
Following the conclusion of this semi we will know all 32 songs, and may have an idea of who will be the lucky Swedish contestant in Kiev!
?? Saturday 25th February – Ukraine – Vidbir 2017 Final
Ukraine will play their hand this weekend and will see a complete set of prequalified entries before February draws to a close! Six acts remain in the competition, with one act representing the host nation in May. Which act should take that prestigious honour? #YOU can let us know in our poll!
- Salto Nazad – O, mamo!
- Melovin – Wonder
- O.Torvald – Time
- Illaria – Thank You For My Way
- Tayanna – I Love You
- Rozhden – Saturn
?? Sunday 26th February – Latvia – Supernova 2017 Final
In one of the most fiercely contest Latvian finals in recent years, four acts have battled their way through to the increasingly popular Supernova final. While two of the songs have qualified at the top of the televote and may remain the favourites, could there be an upset on the cards? If all else fails, we still get to see the Riga Beaver one last time for 2017…
- Triana Park – Line
- My Radiant You – All I Know
- The Ludvig – I’m In Love With You
- Santa Daņeļeviča – Your Breath
#YOU can vote in the Latvian poll HERE!
?? Sunday 26th February – Portugal – Festival da Canção 2017 Semi-Final 2
The second semi-final of Portugal’s Festival da Canção takes place on Sunday night, with Tânia Ribas de Oliveira and Jorge Gabriel taking the hosting reins for this weekend. Eight acts will be whittled down to four ahead of next Sunday’s grand final – could Portugal find their long-awaited Eurovision winner in this heat? The nation has not been in the Eurovision final since 2010, so a reversal of fortunes would be welcome!
- David Gómes – My Paradise
- Lena d’Água – Nunca me fui embora
- Beatriz Felício – Ao teu olhar
- Pedro Gonçalves – Don’t Walk Away
- Helena Kendall – Andamos no céu
- Celina da Piedade – Primavera
- Jorge Benvinda – Gente bestial
- Inês Sousa – Se o tempo não falasse
?? Sunday 26th February – Romania – Selecţia Naţională 2017 Semi-Final
After being cruelly denied in 2016 following disruptions and budget issues with their national broadcaster, Romania will be hoping that their 2017 efforts will not go to waste. Selecţia Naţională returns this Sunday with the semi-final. One familiar name in particular is that of MIHAI, better known as Mihai Traistariu of “Tornero” fame. More recently, he gained notoriety for the drama surrounding “Paradisio” last year. Can he return to Eurovision in 2017?
- Alexandra Crăescu – Hope
- Ana-Maria Mirică – Spune-mi tu
- Cristina Vasiu – Set The Skies On Fire
- D-lema – Adventure
- Eduard Santha – Wild Child
- Elizé & No Stress – Fără bariere
- Ilinca ft. Alex Florea – Yodel It!
- Instinct – Petale
- Maxim – Adu-ti aminte
- MIHAI – I Won’t Surrender
- Ramona Nerra – Save Me
- Tavi Colen & Emma – We Own The Night
- Tudor Turcu – Limitless
- Xandra – Walk On By
- Zanga – Două sticle
Which shows will #YOU be watching this week? Share your favourites with us on the forum or social media!