It’s the first busy Saturday of the Eurovision 2022 calendar, with no less than FOUR events going on across Europe this afternoon and evening!
Here’s everything #YOU need to know to keep on top of a busy day with two more Eurovision songs and the continuation of two of our favourite selection shows…
LITHUANIA – Pabandom iš naujo! Semi-Final 1 (20:00 CET)
With the field now narrowed down to 18 acts in Lithuania’s Pabandom iš naujo!, things are getting serious! The first semi-final of the competition takes place tonight, with nine acts fighting it out for four places in the final on February 12th.
Tonight’s nine competing acts are as follows;
- Elonas Pokanevič – Someday
- Emilijana – Illuiminate
- Erica Jennings – Back to Myself
- Gebrasy – Into Your Arms
- Gintarė Korsakaitė – Fantasy Eyes
- Joseph June – Deadly
- Justė Kraujelytė – How to Get My Life Back
- Lolita Zero – Not Your Mother
- Queens of Roses – Washing Machine
MOLDOVA – Selecția Națională (Internal Selection from Auditions Round) (13:00 CET)
Moldova will select their entry for Eurovision 2022 this evening, following the conclusion of the Selecția Națională auditions round. 29 songs will be presented by 28 acts in today’s show, with the decision expected to be made by an expert panel and announced on Moldovan evening news around 18:00 CET.
The competing songs and artists are;
- Annet Smirnova – Toxic Eyes
- Denis Midone – Run Away
- Dianna Rotaru – My Time Is Now
- Katy Rain – Lele
- Sasha Bognibov – (I Just Had) Sex With Your Ex
- Naminal – Stop Tonight
- Ricky Ardezianu – Cherchez la femme
- Y-Limit – Nothing More
- The Tramps – Sky Blues
- Trio Eva – Get a Kiss
- Emilia Russu – Yama
- Tudor Bumbac – Iartă-mă că te iubesc
- Carolina Gorun & Danieli Shvets – Take Me Anywhere
- Maxim Zavidia – Ready
- Lemonique – Boys
- Marcela Scripcaru – Starlight
- Zdob și Zdub & Frații Advahov – Trenulețul
- Mihaela Andrei – Libre
- Sasha Bognibov – My Friend Is Gay
- Ana Cernicova – Silent Battlefield
- Lanjeron – Magic Carpet
- Pelageya Stefoglo – I’m The Only One
- Ferum – Love Is
- Angel Kiss – The Sunshine in Me
- Diana Elmas – Spirit High
- Viola Julea – Before (Twin Flame)
- Sendrei – Beginners’ Luck
- Valeria Barbas – My Tree
- Viorela Moraru – Tell Me That You Love Me
#YOU can watch the audition process LIVE from 13:00 CET HERE. We are sure plenty of fans of the Moldovan selection will also be following events on our forum HERE and on Discord, which #YOU can join HERE!
NORWAY – Melodi Grand Prix Semi-Final 3 (18:50 CET)
The Norwegian train to Turin keeps rolling along the tracks tonight, with the third semi-final set to take place of Melodi Grand Prix.
Four semi-finalists will compete once again for one direct qualifier spot into the final in Fornebu, with another pre-qualified entry presented this evening. It was meant to be Subwoolfer’s “Give That Wolf a Banana” but due to positive COVID tests, NorthKid will instead present “Someone”.
Tonight’s four semi-finalists are;
- Mari Bølla – Your Loss
- Oda Gondrosen – Hammer of Thor
- Sturla – Skår i hjerte
- Vilde – Titans
SPAIN – Benidorm Fest Final (22:15 CET)
Tonight, the fourth song of Eurovision 2022 and the first finalist of this year’s contest will be decided, as the much-praised Benidorm Fest reaches its conclusion.
After two semi-final shows during the week which showcased a much higher quality of songs and production than we have become accustomed to from the Spanish selection shows of recent years, hopes are high for a revival of Spanish fortunes in the contest. Tonight, the Spanish public and a demoscopic jury will help to decide which song will hopefully bring Spain to the left hand side of this year’s scoreboard!
Eight acts have qualified from the two semi-final shows, competing for tonight’s title. They are;
- Rayden – Calle de la llorería
- Tanxugueiras – Terra
- Varry Brava – Raffaella
- Chanel – SloMo
- Rigoberta Bandini – Ay mamá
- Xeinn – Eco
- Gonzalo Hermida – Quién lo diría
- Blanca Paloma – Secreto de agua
The show will once again come live from the Palau Municipal d’Esports l’Illa de Benidorm and will be hosted by singer Alaska, comedienne Inés Hernand and presenter Máximo Huerta. A combination of expert jury, televoting and demoscopic jury will decide the Spanish representative for Turin.
#YOU can follow Benidorm Fest’s final LIVE on RTVE’s Play service HERE from 22:15 CET. #YOU can also join in the live conversation with other Benidorm Fest fans on our forum HERE and join our Discord server to chat live with other Eurovision fans HERE!
Which of today’s shows will #YOU be watching? Share your thoughts and favourites with us on our forum HERE, below in the comments section and on social media!