After another Swedish year off from the contest while Portugal focused on other things (including, it seems, being better at everyone at football), the Iberian country is back with a vengeance, and as a result, so is Festival da Canção! The long-running Portuguese song competition is in its 51st year and will decide which act tries to turn around Portuguese fortunes in Europe’s biggest show.
The first semi-final, hosted by Sónia Araújo and José Carlos Malato, will see eight acts vying for four qualification spots for the final of the competition. These eight acts are;
- Márcia – Agora
- Golden Slumbers – Para perto
- Fernando Daniel – Poema a dois
- Deolinda Kinzimba – O que eu vi nos meus sonhos
- Rui Drumond – O teu melhor
- Lisa Garden – Without You
- Salvador Sobral – Amar pelos dois
- Viva La Diva – Nova glória
A split between the Portuguese public’s televote and an expert jury will determine which acts make it to the final on March 5th.
Which acts do #YOU have hopes for tonight? Share your thoughts with us on the forum!