This past monday the final 11 artists took to the stage in the semi-final show to earn a highly coveted spot in the grand final. One artist was granted a direct ticket to the final through a jury-only vote, and it suprised no one that Week 3’s jury qualifier Tyler Braden of Tennessee topped the jury once again and moved on in the competition. Behind him rounding out the top four were Kansas, California, and North Carolina.
But after Monday night the jury’s vote no longer mattered, as the final four qualifiers were selected by the American public via voting on the NBC website, NBC mobile app, and TikTok. Despite the voting window being shortened and scoring lower in the jury – the public have selected Connecticut, North Dakota, Texas, and American Samoa to advance to the final on May 9th. The announcement was made this morning on E! News network.
This means that the final line-up be comprised of the following states and territories in alphabetical order:
- Alabama – Ni/Co “The Difference”
- American Samoa – Tenelle “Full Circle”
- Colorado – Riker Lynch “Feel the Love”
- Connecticut – Michael Bolton “Beautiful World”
- Kentucky – Jordan Smith “Sparrow”
- North Dakota – Chloe Fredericks “Can’t Make You Love Me”
- Oklahoma – AleXa “Wonderland”
- Tennessee – Tyler Braden “Seventeen”
- Texas – Grant Knoche “Mr. Independent”
- Washington – Allen Stone “A Bit of Both”
The final of the American Song Contest will be broadcast on NBC at 8 PM Easter/7 PM Central, where the final round of voting will occur and we will finally crown a winner!