Today SVT revealed the cities and dates for the shows of Melodifestivalen 2015. Two completely new cities will debute in 2015 which Christel Tholse Willers the new director of Melodifestivalen says is a way for the show to reach new viewers to experience a big TV production in their city. In brackets you can see when they last hosted a Melodifestivalen show.
- Semifinal 1: 7th February, Göteborg, Scandinvium (2003–2014)
- Semifinal 2: 14th February, Malmö, Malmö Arena (2004, 2009–2014)
- Semifinal 3: 21st February, Östersund, Östersund Arena (debute)
- Semifinal: 28th February, Örebro, Conventum Örebro (2010)
- Second Chance: 7th March, Helsingborg, Helsingborg Arena (debute)
- Final: 14th March, Stockholm, Friends Arena (2002–2014; 2002–2012 in Ericsson Globe)
Christel Tholse Willers is replacing the previous director Thomas Hall after receiving critics on both script and hostess actions. She have previously worked with the show between 2003-2008 and she was also the communication director of Eurovision 2013. – Melodifestivalen is Sweden’s largest tv and entertainment show and we will make sure it continues to be says Christel Tholse Willers to the magazine Resumé.
What did you think of the hosts in 2014? Discuss it on our forum here.