Contact us

WV LAS PALMAS 54 | Send your entry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Having 3 Semi's scares me a bit. The positive is (if we reju vote) we'll be able to show some love to 30 songs instead of 20. That would have been nice last edition where I liked more songs than I could vote for. Less chance of being put with our favourite songs though, and less chance of people who may appreciate your song being put with you.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Having 3 Semi's scares me a bit. The positive is (if we reju vote) we'll be able to show some love to 30 songs instead of 20. That would have been nice last edition where I liked more songs than I could vote for. Less chance of being put with our favourite songs though, and less chance of people who may appreciate your song being put with you.

Yes, but that applies for everyone surely?! The only reason we all have less chance to qualify is because there are more people, not because there are 3 semis instead of 2!

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Yes, but that applies for everyone surely?! The only reason we all have less chance to qualify is because there are more people, not because there are 3 semis instead of 2!
Not quite, though. Let's say there are.... 8 people in your pot and you think they might love your song and vote for it. With two semis, you'd have 4 people in each. With three semis, there would be a 3+3+2 constellation and you might end up in the semi with just 2 people who'd share your taste.

Staewi

Not quite, though. Let's say there are.... 8 people in your pot and you think they might love your song and vote for it. With two semis, you'd have 4 people in each. With three semis, there would be a 3+3+2 constellation and you might end up in the semi with just 2 people who'd share your taste.
If only two out of 22 enjoy a song in a semifinal it doesn't deserve to qualify... You always need votes from the other pots anyway, so it doesn't make a difference. ;)

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Last time we had 3 semis it wasn't really enjoyable tbh. But I'm a little optimistic since times have changed. :lol:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
If only two out of 22 enjoy a song in a semifinal it doesn't deserve to qualify... You always need votes from the other pots anyway, so it doesn't make a difference. ;)
Yes, obviously. But 4 top points (along with votes from other people) would surely make a difference, rather than just 2 top points. We all know that whoever qualifies comes down to who is in that semi, voting. A song could do really poorly in its semi, simply because the people who didn't like it all happened to be in that semi, whereas had it been in the other semi it might have done extremely well. We've seen this happen more than once, especially in NSC, where a REJU qualifier that did poorly in its semi, did really well in the final.

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, if people from other semis love your song, it'll be pulled through by REJU.

esc87fan

At least you need less people to REJU, semis 1 and 2 only need 9 voters for a REJU qualifier while semi 3 needs 10 because of the extra voter in Spain

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Except when most pot F songs fail to qualify anyway, like this last edition and countless other editions. I wasn't strictly talking about pot F anyway.

There's even more REJU than ever with 3 semis! The pots are still split evenly over the semis.

There is no problem here, it's an illusion.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
There's even more REJU than ever with 3 semis! The pots are still split evenly over the semis.

There is no problem here, it's an illusion.
But it seems like you still fail to see the issue, though. The fact remains that with more semis there will be fewer people who share your taste in your semi. Obviously this is a problem.

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
But it seems like you still fail to see the issue, though. The fact remains that with more semis there will be fewer people who share your taste in your semi. Obviously this is a problem.

But everyone is in the same boat???

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
No... Some pots have more people and others have fewer.

That's always been the case. There is no way around that when it comes to pots.

I'm not saying they aren't!! I'm simply trying to explain why I have a big problem with 3 semis and this is one of the main issues.

I'm trying to say that I really don't see how what you are suggesting makes any difference to the final result? :')

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
I probably won't reju vote, too many songs to listen, very short ddls and simply don't have the time for it. I would have nothing against 3 semis if there were 10 qualifiers and 31 songs in the final (can't definitely see any logic on 9 qualifiers, but it's useless to discuss this, as we all know :rolleyes:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom