Contact us

WV 143 | Chongqing Final | 总决赛 | --!-- RESULT SHOW: 31th July 21:30 CET --!--

Status
Not open for further replies.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Congratulations @Krishoes ! Well done. xclap
I must also xbow to the host team who's done flawlessly and amazing, beautiful shows and awesome results show and scoreboard! xlove
I didn't listen to almost any of the songs, but considering the artist who won (RIP) it must be amazing. 🙏
I only know the :gr: song and I'm proud of my best fellow friend for his top 10! Long live the industrial music genre! xcheer Great song and amazing result @Nicholas123 !

:no: will be back in :it:, I guess. See you then! xwave

Nicholas123

Congratulations @Krishoes ! Well done. xclap
I must also xbow to the host team who's done flawlessly and amazing, beautiful shows and awesome results show and scoreboard! xlove
I didn't listen to almost any of the songs, but considering the artist who won (RIP) it must be amazing. 🙏
I only know the :gr: song and I'm proud of my best fellow friend for his top 10! Long live the industrial music genre! xcheer Great song and amazing result @Nicholas123 !

:no: will be back in :it:, I guess. See you then! xwave

xrunhug xheart xlove

ShoeFlo

I had fun the last couple of days. Made a program that would create lines of code for scorewiz in an easier way (I started out programming 1,5 weeks ago so really chuffed), I scored my second best result, interacted with people etc. But, something has to be said here because y'all know me, I don't play the 'let's all be friends cuddle cuddle' type of game. When I see loads of people that normally hardly consider pop songs vote for some pop song ostensibly just because it's old it disgusts me. So yeah, mainly pot E and some others as well, what the fuck is up with that? Normally it's just ballads and shit but seeing as you can actually vote 12 for pop why only when it's old? Such disingenuous bullshit really really soured my whole experience and really took you all a notch down in my respect for you. None of this has to do with Krishoes. It's a fun track, no issues there. But especially after seeing on media that is not the forum how people disliked Queen winning basically the same shit happens again and it's just so hypocritical because some of these people are the same to give mad points to Italy now. So yeah, either give modern pop the place it deserves or give old pop the same treatment or you're just a dirty scumbag. You can disagree with me because Uto scandal blahblah again, but you know I'm not without a point here. But yeah, no one ever listens to me, so in a couple of years these people will still be channeling their inner boomer not being actual fans of music but fans of the persona they assign to their own egos. Just snap out of it.

So that said, thanks to the hosts (that would be Charly and Mike then, because thanking myself is just weird), in particular of course Uto who did all the hard work Charly and Mike wouldn't do. Also my thanks to everyone who voted for Iran, was just a great experience after listening to a couple of hours trying to find the best song from that band and seeing it come together like this. And of course Krishoes, congratulations to you. As alluded to above, while I preferred other songs, I do not begrudge you the win, it is genuinely an entertaining song.

Maybe people tend to vote for older pop songs rather than new pop songs because they grew up listening to it from an early age and have nostalgic feelings about them. In case of the Cardigans song (as it is a 90s song) the song might remind (some older) members of nice childhood days, parties or the first love or whatever... memories you never forget and you hold dear in your heart are very often associated with songs we've heard in that time, thats how our mind works. It's maybe the same with the Italian winner song, that has by the way been covered in multiple languages. In my humble opinion, the newer pop songs tend to be more exchangable, forgettable and less unique, you often feel like you've heard it before even though you did not (which is also because these days many songs are partly samples of older songs if not covers). Many pop songs today people enjoy for 3 or 4 months until a new pop song come up you can dance to and you forget the last one. For me it is probably easier to name you five special songs of 1994 than naming you 5 special pop songs of 2017. You know a song has a great unique style and quality if it stand the test of time and is still a crowd stunner after decades.
Having said all this, I don't even have to feel adressed, since I gave 10 points to Croatia and 6 to Belgium, but only 5 to Smaland and 3 to Italy :D

theditz83

Veteran
Outstanding show @Charly @Uto and @Seok-jin - it's amazing to see how quickly and efficiently you can get those results finalised, a real stellar team effort and very much appreciated!

Once again, to Kris and :it:, a massive congratulations on grabbing this victory as the perfect tribute to Rafaella. So glad that this classic track was finally given the chance to shine for you and I'm looking forward to next edition somewhere in beautiful Italy xheat

As for our performance, now that it's sunk in that I've finally grabbed a Top 3 finish with Belgium, I am so so grateful for all of the support for Camille. I've swithered for a few editions on whether to send the song or not as I thought it might be dismissed for jumping on that "80s revival" trend that has been all over the pop trends in the past year, but I just couldn't get the song out of my head! Thanks so much to all of the amazing juries that supported us:

:10: ::mida :kr:
:8: :ir: ::sthm :ua: :susa:
:7: :fr: :se: :es: :nrwe: :de: :en:
:6: :kant:
:5: ::gh ::newy :pl:
:4: :sobr: :west: :tr: ::seen
:3: :seou: :cy:
:2: :hr: :jp:

I'll be holding an NF to select editions entry and, in exclusive news, it'll be my last ever NF held for :be: so I'm hoping for a big turnout xrose xhug

Charly

The all important Uto handbook of entry database, SF, REJU and Final results

Uto

Veteran
My handbook? Omg. The white stuff is just sugar I swear!!!

cegs5

What an amazing winner! xlove xheart A far l'amore comincia tu is a true anthem!

Congratulations, or I must say thank you Kris for sending Rafaella once again, after a year of your epic NF. It’s needless to say that the result never mind when you send an already loved and respected icon… but ofc it feels great she’s got some recognition in this game, a tribute she deserves it.

Happy to see more than a half of my top 10 on the left side!

Dear hosts, Charly, Uto, Mike you’ve done a great job delievering an efficient, entertaining and sleek edition, thank you!

And now a reprise of :ar: votes:

:12: :it:
:10: :svea:
:8: :ir:
:7: :gr:
:6: ::gh
:5: :nrwe:
:4: :hr:
:3: :kant:
:2: ::seen
:1: ::smal

Shortlisted :us::ua::nl::kr::cn:::ceca it was a good Final after all, considering I got only 3 songs from my semifinal (1). Wish I had voted in SF 2 REJU too.

Last edited:

Amir

Veteran
First of all big congrats to Kris and another victory for :it:
Quite predictable but a nice tribute! RIP
You missed my Top 10 very closely

Also great job on hosting guys
You were a great team! xcheer

Aaaand finally thank you very much for all the votes for :es:
It’s was quite a flop but still much better than I expected.
It was really nice to see some high scores there!!
I thought I qualified only for Olga not voting but eventually I got a decent result and even first in REJU.
I hope I can keep the trend with my other songs on my Spain list.
(And the list grew quite big in the last weeks) :>

See you all in Italy xheart

Journalist

Firstly, congrats to our winner once again and fabulous hosts in this edition! Awesome work guys! xheart
Let's see who has voted for Serbia and gave Milica this silver medal:

:rs: 2nd 144pts

931529-2553149-milicapavlovic01damirdervisagic-ls-ls-removebg-preview.png

12 points from: Turkey and Western USA xkiss#tatlim #çokSeviyourm #taste xheart
10 points from: Sudogwon, Bulgaria, Hungary and Croatia xrunhug #hotQuattro
08 points from: The Netherlands xlove #unique #love
07 points from: Iran, Seoul and Stockholm xheat #muhteşem7's
06 points from: Smaland and Spain xheart #love
05 points from: China, South Korea, Germany, Ukraine and Southern USA xhug#hug
04 points from: Mid-Atlantic States, Chubu and North-Rhine Westphalia xrose #gorgeous
03 points from: x
02 points from: x
01 points from: New York and Finland xheart #legends

I appreciate every single point in the SF as well as in the Final! Thank you guys so much for amazing 2nd place. I think that this song is really great and that Milica showed once again how is she amazing. #ly

See you guys in the next edition and be prepared for more excitement from :rs: Serbian team (aka Journalist).

1885942.gif

xlove

Uto

Veteran
Maybe people tend to vote for older pop songs rather than new pop songs because they grew up listening to it from an early age and have nostalgic feelings about them. In case of the Cardigans song (as it is a 90s song) the song might remind (some older) members of nice childhood days, parties or the first love or whatever... memories you never forget and you hold dear in your heart are very often associated with songs we've heard in that time, thats how our mind works. It's maybe the same with the Italian winner song, that has by the way been covered in multiple languages. In my humble opinion, the newer pop songs tend to be more exchangable, forgettable and less unique, you often feel like you've heard it before even though you did not (which is also because these days many songs are partly samples of older songs if not covers). Many pop songs today people enjoy for 3 or 4 months until a new pop song come up you can dance to and you forget the last one. For me it is probably easier to name you five special songs of 1994 than naming you 5 special pop songs of 2017. You know a song has a great unique style and quality if it stand the test of time and is still a crowd stunner after decades.
Having said all this, I don't even have to feel adressed, since I gave 10 points to Croatia and 6 to Belgium, but only 5 to Smaland and 3 to Italy :D
There are things to say for and against the point you are making and I acknowledge that it is a valid point indeed, but I'm not interested in being baited into a whole discussion because it will just end with certain people claiming that they 'vote for what they like' which is just dodging the question (compare with politics) and as such there's no progress to be made, only frustration to be had. I said what I had to say and will say no more for the time being.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Me 3 weeks ago : 1st Chubu entry is doomed to flop in WV
Also WV :

:12: :cn: ::newy :fr: :nl: :be:
:10: :ir: :at: :ua:
:8: ::gota :bg: :jp:
:7: :tr:
:6: :hu:
:4: :es:
:3: ::sudo
:1: :kr: :it: ::cors :en:

You guys are insane xheart

Congrats Chongqing hosting team for a hot edition in the land of Mike's waifu xheat
And congrats :it: for the win ;)

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you're telling me I went from Tooji-Sofi Marinova situation beating @Arion for qualifying spot to TOP 10 in the final?

Logic:
388f3c7e563c6938d2d76b73b00cbd85f7e76791.gif

Thank you all so so much for the points:

12 || xrose
10 || Smaland, Dalmatia, Kanto
08 || Seoul, Cyprus

07 || Italy, Greece, United Kingdom
06 || Gotaland, Chubu, Germany, Ukraine, England
05 || SE England
04 || South Korea, Argentina, Finland
03 || Iran
02 || Bulgaria, Stockholm
01 || Ostlandet, Svealand, Southeastern Brazil, Poland

Well done to all the hosts for their splendid effort !! xhug xbow Congrats to @Krishoes and late but never forgotten Miss Carra with her ethereal hit ! xheart xheart

Krishoes

Well, what can I say, my journey at Worldvision now seems to be continuing in a rather unique way. I've recorded several eliminations in the semifinals, only to come back in the finals and win. If I remember correctly, the same thing happened the other times as well.

I would say that this is more Raffaella Carrà's victory than mine and Italy's victory at Worldvision. Thank you for having shown affection and appreciation towards "A far l'amore comincia tu", perhaps her most representative song at an international level and for me a forced choice after what happened a few weeks ago.

Worldvision is coming back to Italy and naturally Bologna, Raffaella's city, will host the next edition. A first time for the city of Bologna and who knows, maybe a prediction of what will happen at Eurovision 2022...

I'm really going to need a hand this time around because it's a pretty full time but I've never turned down the opportunity to organize Worldivision and I won't this time either.

So I openly ask anyone who wants to help me to write to me, thanks xheart

ferret

I have already forgotten how to write posts with thanks here, :lol: but thank you to everyone who did not spare points for 🇬🇧 & RAYE!
I'm saying goodbye to the finale until winter, because I'm not going to send something like this in the near future...
Congratulations to 🇮🇹 & Kris! xrose Thank you to Charly, Uto and Mike, all of you who worked on this hosting! xup

Gogerko

What an amazing result for this amazing song. Dalmatia is back stronger than ever. So proud of this amazing 7th place. Thank you so much for your points:

12pts
Chubu ♥♥♥
Serbia ♥♥♥
Corsica ♥♥♥

10pts

Seoul ♥♥
China ♥♥
SE England ♥♥

8pts

Finland ♥

7pts

Croatia
Latvia

6pts

Ghana
Central Canada
Austria

5pts

Sweden

4pts

Svealand
United States
New Zealand

3pts

Smaland

2pts

Greece

Krishoes

My bad, this victory came so unexpected for me that I was overwhelmed and I forgot to thank the hosting team. Thank you guys for the amazing work xheart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom