Contact us

WLSC 247 | VELOS, BIGICIA | WINNER REVEALED!

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
flop I haven’t voted either, I’ll send them soon xrose

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Fear not for the deadline is extended! xcheer DDL: 13.11.2022, 23:59 CET

The results will happen on 14 November, 20:00 CET!

HayashiM

Veteran
(another reason why I support 4 days long voting periods)

I'd only experienced two of those, but I found them really, really annoying (they are also against NSC rules, btw).

1) Even if I vote on the last day (which I mostly do, but I have never failed to vote on time so far), that doesn't mean I am only listening on the last day. I like to take my time.
2) Having a 4 day period from Monday to Thursday without the weekend? Hell no! But then, people have different schedules - some will have most time on weekends, for others it's the opposite. A full week is the way to go to be respectful towards everyone's schedule.
3) It's maybe tolerable when it happens here and there, but I would be really unhappy to keep up with several 8-9 days (in total) long editions in succession. The rythm would've been just way too fast.

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
For a few months, I have been voting on the last day in all contests, except the WV semis when I attend the LL (which has been occuring less and less). I usually start listening at the beginning of the voting period but only finish going through all entries at the end. Even when I could have time to vote, after long days I'd rather listen to my own music in the background without having to think about my votes, so I took the habit of postponing.

Imo though, 5-7 days periods are the most ideal. That being said, I fully agree with the statement that no matter how long the DDL is, you will always have people who vote at the last moment. The longer the DDL is, the more you tend to forget an edition is actually going on lol.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
For me, when I was in FSC with their 3 week-ish deadlines I often found myself forgetting to vote - because it was sooo long. However, generally I usually vote somewhere in the middle of any given deadline. I can count on one hand the amount of times i've last day voted In any contest. I agree with Gaelle 5 to 7 days is ideal, any longer and it's just time wasting imo (ofc hosts own schedule allowing is important here also). The same people vote straight away, and the same people will vote on the very last day whether the deadline is 5 days or 50 days, with only a small few exceptions time to time.

HayashiM

Veteran
I will reiterate - yes, there are people voting on the last day, but I don't see that as a bug, for me, it is just a feature that needs to be accounted for. I don't see how it should be an argument to support 4 days long voting periods. I think there is a very weak link between the two, if any. Everyone's vote is equally valid whether it is sent on the first day or on the last. If it suits you to hurry, fine, if you take your time, fine.

Sure, I don't support 3 week long deadlines either :) 7 days is optimal, (very) slightly over that is ok if it suits the host, under 7 days better be an exception.

Fierro

I will reiterate - yes, there are people voting on the last day, but I don't see that as a bug, for me, it is just a feature that needs to be accounted for. I don't see how it should be an argument to support 4 days long voting periods. I think there is a very weak link between the two, if any. Everyone's vote is equally valid whether it is sent on the first day or on the last. If it suits you to hurry, fine, if you take your time, fine.

Sure, I don't support 3 week long deadlines either :) 7 days is optimal, (very) slightly over that is ok if it suits the host, under 7 days better be an exception.
4 days is my personal preference. Usually I still set 5-6 days to vote when I'm hosting because that's what most comfortable for audience (don't want to have bunch of DSQ's just because people are not used to shorter deadlines).

As for the long deadlines, i'm either voting in the first two days or on the last two. The downside of voting early during the long voting period is that you forget most of the entries when the results come.

Getting a decent enough timeframe is solely dependent on flow and pace. For me, two weeks (7 days submission period + 6 days voting + 1 day results) is the ideal timeframe to keep the commitment of the participants while having enough time as most people can find an individual time slot being able to vote.

To be honest, ESCUnited is one of the best forums when it comes to host management as other places has f***ed up really badly on how the timeframes has been decided.

Last edited:
Top Bottom