Confirmation 27 DEC
LL 30 DEC
Voting 30 DEC - 6 JAN

Results 8 JAN

Last edited:

HayashiM

Veteran
Block in the :uk: too

And the song is inaccessible here in Endórë as well. Do I sense some invisibility ring's power influencing us here? :eek:

Reminder for everyone's HoD: please kindly take any such ring off before submitting your entry. Also, similar devices could interfere with our Friendly Eagles airline navigation on your flight to Khazad-dûm; so maybe just leave those at home altogether. Thank you very much for your cooperation! :)

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
And the song is inaccessible here in Endórë as well. Do I sense some invisibility ring's power influencing us here? :eek:

Reminder for everyone's HoD: please kindly take any such ring off before submitting your entry. Also, similar devices could interfere with our Friendly Eagles airline navigation on your flight to Khazad-dûm; so maybe just leave those at home altogether. Thank you very much for your cooperation! :)
So I guess I need to keep my Bag of Holding at home as well? Damn, I actually need to pack my suitcases for once.

Uto

Veteran
Hello, Newt Scamander? :eek:
What Newt has would be a Portable Hole.

Many of the ideation of JK Rowling finds a parallel in Dungeons and Dragons at some point. One woman can't beat an army (except Joan of Arc supposedly).

Jho

Okay, how about this one?

Romeo

There is no guarantee I can vote so I will sit this one out. I'll be back in 2021 to amaze you with more amazing music!!

giphy.gif

HayashiM

Veteran
9O2uRFB.jpg

Hello everyone. My name is Isengrim Took and I will be your temporary guide here in Endórë :)
There's one or two adventures that seem to await us. But these really won't make us late for dinner, I promise!
I mean, hopefully...

Speaking of the "late" concept, let me just remind you there is a deadline coming today at midnight. If you are interested, please make sure to confirm the song (and thus book your ticket with our Friendly Eagles airline ;) ) on time!

See you soon, Isengrim.

(tagging those who participated at some point in the last 5 editions so might be interested: @ferret @Milos-BC @LesterMalvo @Ewigkeit @MARCOMEN )

HayashiM

Veteran
Cul4ReN.jpg
Hello, dear adventurers!

This is your guide Isengrim speaking. Welcome on board of our eaglecraft Gwaihir 253 heading for Khazad-dûm!
Please make yourselves comfortable, relax, and get ready for takeoff. Feel free to ask our attendants about any duty free related transactions while they start distributing your complimentary shisha tobacco packages. Should you feel like smoking your hookah straight away, please do so in the dedicated area near the back seats, so we can prevent any inconvenient experience for your fellow passengers.

In the meantime, let me introduce to you the venue of this WLSC edition and its hosts. While Endorians did not really seem all that interested in outer world at first, massive celebrations burst out after the country's historical WLSC victory. If you were lucky, you could even catch a glimpse of some silly little halfling, spontaneously dancing on stumps deep in the woods. It is no wonder the matter of hosting required a previously non scheduled Great Council session, gathering human, elvish and dwarvish kings for discussion.

ZxogBOm.jpg
WeXlflB.jpg
ru105jI.jpg

After a great deal of Indecisive Clamour which you'd probably expect from these types, it has been agreed that dwarves will have the honour of picking the venue, while elves and humans will each nominate one presenter for the show.

The dwarves eventually opted for their old and historical city of Khazad-dûm, also known as the mines of Moria. These mines used to be a rather grim and dangerous place, however the city got rebuilt to its full and absolutely safe former glory. Main selling points speaking in favour of Khazad-dûm include the incredible acoustics of the main hall, its countless catwalk runway options and acrobatic possibilities. Should there be a shortage of accomodation directly in Moria, the elves from nearby located forest-based city of Lothlórien have promised their help. Finally, there are several sightseeing options for visitors of Khazad-dûm, including the HAM - Human Arts Museum. The HAM has recently tried to become more and more internationally renowned while enriching its artwork collection, with the most recent acquisition - Le Noble Au Haut-de-forme Jaune Poussin - just having arrived on loan from Tybaltevan Royal Museum of Gatineau.

mines_of_moria___lord_of_the_rings_tcg_by_jcbarquet-d859fti.jpg

HxcumKk.jpg
Due to her securing the first ever victory for Endórë, Dotter got extremely popular with elvish inhabitants, eventually being awarded their highest honorary title of Eldandil - the Elf-friend. She had been a natural first choice for the elvish presenter, however, she refused the nomination quoting "a need to give way to fresh endorian blood" and agreed to make an appearance as the interval act during the WLSC 210 final. A relatively unknown elfvish funambulist - Almadriel - got later selected as the first endorian presenter.

t0BDGod.jpg

Human population of Endórë had a much tougher time coming up with its nomination. Various selection methods had been employed, including jousting, fencing and riddles tournaments, but to no avail - their outcomes always met with serious opposition and riots in the streets of human cities. The final decision fell on the human king, who could not bring himself to side with any of the candidates and chose to nominate a third party option. The neutral yet enigmatic Grey Wizard thus got selected as the other presenter, probably also because of his reliable familiarity with Khazad-dûm's premises.

That will conclude my gossip around the contest for now. I am looking forward to talking to you soon again about the running order and the live show. Please enjoy your flight with Friendly Eagles!

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
Just think of the acoustics in that hall down below. Have mercy on our souls.

So do we roll for initiative now?

Top Bottom