Contact us

Which country is most shocking if they withdraws from ESC?

Haverdge

I'd be shocked if one of the Big 5 countries withdrew or one of the Nordic countries. Everyone else is pretty much fair game.

FilipFromSweden

Well, it's obvious what you are wishing. That everybody tells you how Sweden would be the biggest shock withdrawal ever ever. Your thread goes to show how Swedes believe they are the capital country of Eurovision.

You just sound jealous, we in Sweden don't think that we're the capital of Eurovision, not after making a budget Eurovision in Malmö. It's just that we have such a huge interest in it.

My answer is :se:

Sammy

Veteran
Countries that have been participating since the beginning. Or countries that have won very often.
But I'm shocked about each withdrawl

IncognitoGH

The UK or Sweden. If The UK withdraws, I think it will start a domino effect collapse and it will make some countries warm to the idea too. In Sweden Eurovision is big and they of course have a great history, so it would be a shame.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
The UK or Sweden. If The UK withdraws, I think it will start a domino effect collapse and it will make some countries warm to the idea too. In Sweden Eurovision is big and they of course have a great history, so it would be a shame.

The British public have sorta embraced the whole getting a terrible score situation, and mainly watch it To hear graham norton take the piss. In countries which get terrible scores year after year the viewing figures usually drop fast. The UK is the exception to this.

Pawhlen

Sweden would be a pleasant surprise, not a shocker.

Let them have two or three bad results in a row, and they'll start complaining and then withdraw.

Still pissed off because of the hockey Championships the latest years?

IncognitoGH

The British public have sorta embraced the whole getting a terrible score situation, and mainly watch it To hear graham norton take the piss. In countries which get terrible scores year after year the viewing figures usually drop fast. The UK is the exception to this.

Most of the UK public don't care, but being one of the big 5 and all, to other countries I think it would be quite surprising.

aletem

Sweden

Can you imagine the hardcore fans afterwards? :lol: It will be like a mass suicide.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Sweden

Can you imagine the hardcore fans afterwards? :lol: It will be like a mass suicide.

OGAE would shut down forever.

FilipFromSweden

Nobody sees :ro: as a shocker? We have absolutely no reason to withdraw :lol:

The fact that Romania was a bit unsure this year ..

I was going to say Azerbaijan because I've heard Eurovision is really big there but I might be wrong?

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
UK and Sweden.

MyHeartIsYours

Most of the UK public don't care, but being one of the big 5 and all, to other countries I think it would be quite surprising.
I think you might be surprised... the UK may not have the die-hard attitude towards Eurovision, but Eurovision's certainly popular. It's one of the most watched programmes of the year.

IncognitoGH

I think you might be surprised... the UK may not have the die-hard attitude towards Eurovision, but Eurovision's certainly popular. It's one of the most watched programmes of the year.

Didn't say it wasn't popular. Most of my family watch it but ridicule it. That is a lack of care towards it imo.

Kaz

To be honest, it will be kind of shocking if :is: were to withdraw. I mean, nobody would have expected it, and there's not really any valid reason at the moment for them to withdraw..

Top Bottom