Contact us

Which country is most shocking if they withdraws from ESC?

SuperGirl

In these days we are discussing confirmed countries and withdrewing countries, I wonder which countries or country you find most shocking if they withdraws?

Mlyn

Banned
Sweden would be a pleasant surprise, not a shocker.

Let them have two or three bad results in a row, and they'll start complaining and then withdraw.

SuperGirl

Sweden would be a pleasant surprise, not a shocker.

Let them have two or three bad results in a row, and they'll start complaining and then withdraw.

Well, Sweden had bad results between 2007-2010. In 2010 we missed the final. Instead of withdraw we then got three top 3 placements in 4 years including a win.

IMO. It's like when Sweden do bad some years then we shut up you and rest of Europe with good placements. So you should think about what you wish.

Mlyn

Banned
IMO. It's like when Sweden do bad some years then we shut up you and rest of Europe with good placements. So you should think about what you wish.

Well, it's obvious what you are wishing. That everybody tells you how Sweden would be the biggest shock withdrawal ever ever. Your thread goes to show how Swedes believe they are the capital country of Eurovision.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Probably any of the Scandinavian countries, with Norway & Finland being the least surprising of that lot. UK as well despite the bad results, and Germany.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
When Azerbaijan goes AzerBYEjan xfaint. That would be a total shocker xfaint

Armenia winning might make them fit over competing. I'm sure they would create a huge scene over having to compete on Armenian soil and withdraw.

r3gg13

Armenia winning might make them fit over competing. I'm sure they would create a huge scene over having to compete on Armenian soil and withdraw.

That's a big possibility, though other than that I don't think they would ever quit or quit for good. Even if Momma Russia were to quit, I think Azerbaijan would still stay. Heck, even if everybody quit, Azerbaijan would still host and win Eurovision every year.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
That's a big possibility, though other than that I don't think they would ever quit or quit for good. Even if Momma Russia were to quit, I think Azerbaijan would still stay. Heck, even if everybody quit, Azerbaijan would still host and win Eurovision every year.

Do a North Korean spin on it and win all the time? :D Seems about right.

Top Bottom