Contact us

Which 2019 Entry Do You Not Want It To Win?

Which 2019 Entry Do You Not Want It To Win?

• Albania

8 13.1%
  • Armenia

11 18.0%
  • Australia

13 21.3%
  • Austria

9 14.8%
  • Azerbaijan

15 24.6%
  • Belarus

12 19.7%
  • Belgium

11 18.0%
  • Croatia

13 21.3%
  • Cyprus

14 23.0%
  • Czech Republic

12 19.7%
  • Denmark

16 26.2%
  • Estonia

10 16.4%
  • Finland

11 18.0%
  • France

26 42.6%
  • Georgia

11 18.0%
  • Germany

12 19.7%
  • Greece

12 19.7%
  • Hungary

8 13.1%
  • Iceland

16 26.2%
  • Ireland

10 16.4%
  • Israel

11 18.0%
  • Italy

10 16.4%
  • Latvia

12 19.7%
  • Lithuania

13 21.3%
  • Malta

10 16.4%
  • Moldova

15 24.6%
  • Montenegro

12 19.7%
  • Netherlands

11 18.0%
  • North Macedonia

8 13.1%
  • Norway

11 18.0%
  • Poland

6 9.8%
  • Portugal

9 14.8%
  • Romania

12 19.7%
  • Russia

32 52.5%
  • San Marino

16 26.2%
  • Serbia

11 18.0%
  • Slovenia

4 6.6%
  • Spain

9 14.8%
  • Sweden

25 41.0%
  • Switzerland

12 19.7%
  • United Kingdom

16 26.2%

• Total voters

hijirio

Veteran
Yeah because all the other entries are so "risky, original, daring and unsafe" :lol: :lol: :lol:

People are entitled to their opinions and taste, but seeing comments like these it's just so obvious it's country targeting and has little to do with the entries because I highly doubt people saying "all but Sweden" truly would want a :me: or :sm: victory but ok :lol: ... but I guess it's somewhat flattering in a twisted way that people expect more from us wheres other countries can get away with just about anything...

Of course i would set Tel Aviv to fire if :me: wins, when I said 'anybody but Sweden' I meant among the contenders (namely :nl: :se: :ru: :fr: :az: :it:)
I just couldn't be bothered to name them all.

It's not that we have astronomic expectations from Sweden. All countries send sth out of the box once in a while, but Sweden keeps on recycling itself.
And the thing is, they have a great NF with a very wide range of genres, however always the safest and the most radio friendly one gets picked. If you send sth daring and innovative to Melodifestivalen, the farthest it can reach is AC and then eliminated. Can you imagine Hatari winning MF? I hardly even see them proceeding to MF final.
Till now every year :au: and :se: were harshly criticized for going safe with songs written with a default recipe. :au: had a NF for the first time and Top 2 songs were both daring and original. As you might have realized, this year nobody is complaining about Australia. So it's not that we have a grudge against any country, nor are we so childish to get jealous of a country for its good results. Australia managed to change its vision in the contest, and so can Sweden.

Those people that are accused of being Sweden haters, I'm so sure that they all had a fave in MF who they would stan crazily and vote for it at ESC had it won the NF.

A-lister

Veteran
Of course i would set Tel Aviv to fire if :me: wins, when I said 'anybody but Sweden' I meant among the contenders (namely :nl: :se: :ru: :fr: :az: :it:)
I just couldn't be bothered to name them all.

It's not that we have astronomic expectations from Sweden. All countries send sth out of the box once in a while, but Sweden keeps on recycling itself.
And the thing is, they have a great NF with a very wide range of genres, however always the safest and the most radio friendly one gets picked. If you send sth daring and innovative to Melodifestivalen, the farthest it can reach is AC and then eliminated. Can you imagine Hatari winning MF? I hardly even see them proceeding to MF final.
Till now every year :au: and :se: were harshly criticized for going safe with songs written with a default recipe. :au: had a NF for the first time and Top 2 songs were both daring and original. As you might have realized, this year nobody is complaining about Australia. So it's not that we have a grudge against any country, nor are we so childish to get jealous of a country for its good results. Australia managed to change its vision in the contest, and so can Sweden.

Those people that are accused of being Sweden haters, I'm so sure that they all had a fave in MF who they would stan crazily and vote for it at ESC had it won the NF.

Ok, I get your point although the "anyone but..." was a bit misleading considering that could have been referred to all entries (although I didn't truly think you meant that, as apparently it wasn't the case). I wouldn't say that all of those contenders you mentioned are particularly innovative either (some are more than our entry, but really :ru: and :fr: more "original and unsafe"?... xshrug)... as for :au: , they get alot of criticism from people calling it Eurotrash though :lol: , but yeah I agree that they finally stopped playing it safe for a change and I'd love the same for us trust me....

You have a good point, I do discuss this issue in the 2020 Sweden thread, as I think the problem with our choices for ESC lays in the fact that MF doesn't provide better options tbh... :

http://escunited.com/forum/threads/18792-SWEDEN-2020?p=1909786&viewfull=1#post1909786

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Yeah because all the other entries are so "risky, original, daring and unsafe" :lol: :lol: :lol:

People are entitled to their opinions and taste, but seeing comments like these it's just so obvious it's country targeting and has little to do with the entries because I highly doubt people saying "all but Sweden" truly would want a :me: or :sm: victory but ok :lol: ... but I guess it's somewhat flattering in a twisted way that people expect more from us wheres other countries can get away with just about anything...

I am trying to be happy with a Swedish win stop making that hard

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

this san marino slander though??????

Volkisistan

Definitely France.
Yes, I understand that Bilal has a message and all. But imho Eurovision should still be about the song, for heaven's sake! Everyone seems to agree that the song is not that great and that Bilal is a rather weak singer. I'm pretty sure he's gonna make the Top10 anyway, because people are gonna vote for the message.
I don't like this direction that Eurovision is taking... If people want to judge personalities and stories, why not start a Eurovision Personality Contest? It seems people want to hear tracic life stories and express their feelings by voting for the story that touches them the most, but I would like that to not happen at the ESC.

So, I would just like to have a winner who wins because of his song.

midnightsun

Veteran
Top 10 odds:

1. Netherlands
2. Sweden
3. France
4. Russia
5. Azerbaijan
6. Italy
7. Australia
8. Malta
9. Switzerland
10. Iceland

Out of them I only want Russia or the Netherlands to win.
I could also accept Italy.

But none of the rest, escpecially NOT Malta!

darkap

A big NO to Russia, Azerbaijan and Iceland - from the top contenders
Only because I wouldn't be able to attend the ESC again after skipping this year

Chorizo

Among the favorites to win according to the odds: :ru: :fr: :se:
I like the Swedish song but I prefer other countries to win in the next few years.

Realest

Out of the Favourites :au:
I like the Song and shes Beautiful, but 1st is too much. But Top5 would be ok.

Top Bottom