Contact us

What's your mum's favourite?

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
My dad hated most tbh, only was really impressed by :ge:, :be: and :gr:

Luki

Neither of my parents payed much attention to it, all I know my mom disliked Elhaida's voice saying it's too weak for the song, while my dad only remembered Russia. ^^

ayzelto

My mum reactions in the first semifinal:

1. Moldova: (she starts to dance slightly). I like it, he can sing (really?:S)
2. Armenia: Do they belong to different countries? What do the lyrics say? They are really good singers, it will qualify.
3. Belgium: Uh, it's a bit boring. Anyway, my sister really loved it and tried to convince her about that).
4. Netherlands: She didn't say anything at all. It went unnoticed for her as well.
5. Finland: terrible song!
6. Greece: She can really sing, I really like this song.
7. Estonia: (I knew that it was one of her favorites this year). That's so beautiful, I love it.
8. FYR Macedonia: It will be last
9. Serbia: What a voice! (she dances again), it's amazing! (and clapped her hands after the performance)
10. Hungary: she started to look at her mobile

That's when I realise how eurofan I am, because I have been waiting for this moment for more than a year and I can't believe it's happening again

She just added, before falling asleep, how good the stage of Russia was, and remarked as well that there were many good songs, much better than last years'.

SwissKung

My mom reaction to yesterday's songs

Moldova: Loved it!
Armenia: "no"
Belgium: Enjoyed it
Netherlands: can't remember her reaction :? she probably felt indifferent to it
Finland: wtf is that? "are they making fun of disabled people?"
Greece: Loved it
Estonia: "it's ok"
Macedonia: Forgettable
Serbia: Her favourite of the night
Hungary: "boring, it's not this year that they will finally win"
Belarus: "good"
Russia: "no, boring, cliché"
Denmark: "hmmmm not sure about that"
Albania: "I like it!"
Romania: " very touching"
Georgia: She hated her make-up :lol: felt nothing for the song...

About the big 5, Austria and Australia she loved the previews of Spain and Italy and thought Germany and France were also good.

Joyride

My mum thought most songs were terrible :mrgreen: She only liked Hungary (above all), then she added "Russia and Serbia are okay". And "the rest is pure trash to me". :mrgreen:

My sister's favourite were the Netherlands. My brother had to work and couldn't watch.

Uto

Veteran
My mom liked Hungary and Belgium and she thought Romania was very nice and heartfelt. My father was Russia all the way, didn't care for anything else.

I watched with my gf and my parents. On average we had two winners: Belgium and Hungary, with The Netherlands coming in third (chauvinism) and Russia 4th.

DaFlo

Banned
So apparently my mum liked from yesterday :md: :ge: :eek:
that surprised me actually a little bit :D

carl1

My mum only cared for one song apart from ours and it was Belgium.
Pleasantly surprised that she liked it. :mrgreen:

IncognitoGH

My mum won't even watch it. Used to remember when I was young buying loads of sweets and chocolate for the grand final and sitting with her. Now she just isn't into it :( She liked Estonia from the ones I played her though

Nikkita

My mom loved Russia.
Edit: Her favourite is Israel now :lol:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Mothers favourite tonight was...... *drum roll*................ ....... Czech Republic!!! She was bowled over by it. She thought the vocals were incredible and loved how they looked, the feel of the song.

Her early favourites were actually San Marino. She thought it was wonderfully charming and she declared "that will go through":rolleyes: I told her that she'd like Montenegro and she did, that was another of her favourites. She thought that Molly from Ireland had a beautiful voice and the best staging. Norway gave her goosebumps but she didn't like Debrah's voice. She thought the song was very slick though. She surprised me by liking my favourite Latvia. I'd been warning her that she probably wouldn't like my favourite but she thought it was something very different and that Aminata had an incredibly powerful voice. She had great fun with Israel, another of her favourites, and she was touched by Poland although we both agreed it was a shame about Monika's vocals. The pair of us came to blows on Cyprus. It was her second favourite behind Czech Republic.

For what she didn't like. She wasn't keen on the show opener Lithuania. Said the guy has the kind of voice she really hates but the girl looked pretty at least. She didn't seem impressed by Iceland at all and again we came to blows over another country, Switzerland. She didn't like Switzerland at all. She said it's the kind of song you could never easily remember and sing along to:? Last of all she didn't like Slovenia. Just who does Mother think she is? How dare she not like Sloveniaxsnooty

Oh and Malta was a mixed one for her. When Amber was performing she said she liked it and that she had a very powerful voice. Then as the recap was shown, she said she didn't like that one...xwhat

Overall we both agreed that the semi was a million times better than the first one... just why did it all end in such disasterxcry1

Luki

Long story short... my mom hated Israel, kinda liked Latvia! :D Which is great considering she usually hates everything in ESC from the last few years. :'D

Gerly

My mother liked Estonia and Georgia from the first Semifinal. Norway, Czech Republic, Sweden, Cyprus and Slovenia from SF2.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Mothers favourite tonight was...... *drum roll*................ ....... Czech Republic!!! She was bowled over by it. She thought the vocals were incredible and loved how they looked, the feel of the song.

same here
not knowing pre-history of unlucky :cz:, she was so dissapointed with results :(
she also liked :il: :se: and :me:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
My mum refuses to watch the Semi finals, so I don't officially know yet. Even though on a recap she said she like Russia & Norway.

Top Bottom