Contact us

What lessons was given to you at this years ESC?

Pawhlen

I guess it´s time to open up this thread once again. Which lessons did you learn from this years ESC?

tuorem

I learned that juries were definitely able to listen to music with their eyes :mrgreen:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

FilipFromSweden

Juries don't always prefer the artsy elegant music over the pop. And televoters are truly more open minded than the juries, voting for a non-English song to win. And no matter what the political situation is you will still get voted for if you're song and performance is good enough. And even though a country has had many bad results lately it can still turn around and get a good one!

:lv: :be: :il:

Last year I learned that any country can win

Krishoes

I've learned that at the Eurovision nothing has to be considered impossible and everything can happen.

GermanBango

I've learned that 0 points hurt, especially when they are undeserved :lol:

FilipFromSweden

I've learned that 0 points hurt, especially when they are undeserved :lol:

In all honesty, wasn't Austria and Germany's performances a bit unambitious?

Brandt

I have always been thinking that televoters would destroy non English songs and stage number matters only because of them. But this year I learned that if the song is good enough, televoters don't care about language or stage number. Because this year's televoter winner is both last staging country & fully non English song.

And I've always been neutral about jury votings. But they are voting more political than televoters. That's why I don't think they are necessary. Even more, they are UNnecessary and should have been gone forever.

However, that's a good thing for Eurovision fans that Italy didn't win. Because Italian broadcaster doesn't care about the contest that much. A horrible hosting would be waiting for us.

GermanBango

In all honesty, wasn't Austria and Germany's performances a bit unambitious?

Still, zero points? That's nothing at all from 40 countries - if both songs would have been really bad, I would've been ok with that outcome but this ....

Krishoes

However, that's a good thing for Eurovision fans that Italy didn't win. Because Italian broadcaster doesn't care about the contest that much. A horrible hosting would be waiting for us.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. We need time to do this.

Alaska49

i have seen the true colours of some western europeans and they are not part of any rainbow i've ever seen

also i learned czech republic has both good music and hot guys that aren't blond twinks so that was cool

popavapeur

i didn't say i learned something but there are things who have been confirmed (and were running in my mind)

- ESC fans fantasize too much about "jury"
- Drawing order doesn't matter that much
- ESC is still ESC : people prefer glitters and pretty face than artsy in 2015 (that's a good and bad thing at the same time if the first one is not able to reinvent itself)
- after a year, people still don't want Russia to win again
- less bad songs in the left part of the scoreboard and more good entries well rewarded despite the country

oh yes i learn something, i forgot

- it's not that easy to make a good ESC, camerawork, graphic design and the overall show are very important

FilipFromSweden

- ESC is still ESC : people prefer glitters and pretty face than artsy in 2015 (that's a good and bad thing at the same time if the first one is not able to reinvent itself)
- after a year, people still don't want Russia to win again

- How can you say that? Italy won the televote, it was damn artsy/elegant/classic, not very glitter-y or glamorous
- If people didn't want Russia to win, it wouldn't have gotten 303 points, or finished second in the televoting (which was more than Sweden)

popavapeur

- How can you say that? Italy won the televote, it was damn artsy/elegant/classic, not very glitter-y or glamorous
- If people didn't want Russia to win, it wouldn't have gotten 303 points, or finished second in the televoting (which was more than Sweden)

- In my point of view Italy was glitter, it was "let's put the most italian clichés in one act". Big soapera and that's why i didn't like it, it's hard for me to find any "elegant" or "classic" side to this song. let's say taste differs.
- still, Russia didn't win because it was Russia. If it wasn't Russia (and that great actress), i'm sure they would have won.

Brandt

- In my point of view Italy was glitter, it was "let's put the most italian clichés in one act". Big soapera and that's why i didn't like it, it's hard for me to find any "elegant" or "classic" side to this song. let's say taste differs.
- still, Russia didn't win because it was Russia. If it wasn't Russia (and that great actress), i'm sure they would have won.

As if voters could "option" to vote for first or second.
"Oh, this song is good but country isn't. Let's vote much as put it second place. Hmm... This one, both country and the song is OK. Let's vote it much as make it only Top 5."

:lol:

aletem

Cartoons are still trendy. And also expect next year to be all about the gimmicks and the visuals and nothing much to the songs (this year we had lot of ballads after Conchita won). Maybe Ukraine will bring their sand artist back. :lol:

popavapeur

As if voters could "option" to vote for first or second.
"Oh, this song is good but country isn't. Let's vote much as put it second place. Hmm... This one, both country and the song is OK. Let's vote it much as make it only Top 5."

:lol:

Maybe voters could "option" to not vote ? i followed the show on twitter And i haven't enough fingers to count how many times i read "i love a million voices but i won't vote this year because i don't want to see Russia win". If this was performed by someone else it would have won by a landslide. I thought it was pretty obvious that Russia received less support from both televote And juries to prevent them to win. They have too many allies in a normal situation to stay "only" second.

Top Bottom