5 3.4%

9 6.2%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Datura

i really hope they wont do a staging that moves in circles to underline the title "dizzy". there are already parts in the video that make my head ache and my stomach uneasy. i quite like the song though

Shadowfuxcs

I quite like Olly's song and it manages to have an impact without trying too hard. The drop in the odds is too harsh imo, this falls on the right side of "safe" English-language pop that the juries will eat up, while being accessible enough for a good televoting score. Could be a dark horse for the win with great staging.
Just pretty please don't bring the "fashion" and the frenetic dance moves from the music video to the stage.

Lance Esgard

The difference is when the UK was bottom 5 in the past, we deserved to be there, because the songs was either very old-fashioned and too cheesy, or like last year we had a weak performer who was out of their depth on the big Eurovision stage.

"Dizzy" is a quality pop song with top, top production and we have a great talented performer. Plus the song is very British sounding and sounds authentic to Olly, definitely not manufactured. For me I'm just excited by the level of potential in the UK entry this year, it reminds me of the good times of 2022 with Sam Ryder.
Seeing the comments others have made in this thread, I think that the healthier attitude is to just be pleased that whatever this song may want be, it at least continues a level of quality that is undisputedly higher than the dismal depths in which the UK had resided in past years. For Germany, Michael Schulte was like Sam Ryder a great year after many bad ones, but Germany has not been able to build on that in any consistent sense.

Sam Ryder is looking like it really could be a turning point for the UK in that the UK is showing indications of being able to at least more consistently aim somewhere in the ballpark of where they need to go, whatever execution issues still remain. That's at least a start that can be appreciated.

I'm liking it more than others who have posted here so far, but I'm listening to it not as a Eurovision entry but just as a song.

HarryUK

Veteran
We get Olly’s first performance of Dizzy this Saturday on ITV Saturday Night Takeaway’s “end of the show show”!

I’m not sure this will provide a full glimpse at the Malmö staging as these performances are normally parodies or made to be comical in some way. I also find it strange that the BBC are OK with Olly having his debut live performance on another channel… but I suppose it’s a step in the right direction toward Eurovision being a national effort across broadcasters now, as opposed to BBC-centred.

ESCConor

I think whats making me confident of this getting a good result is the fact that we know Olly is a very good performer, and sometimes that can really elevate a song.

I think his staging team are the same ones who done his BRITS performance with Elton John, maybe thats whats giving me a little more hope of a left hand side finish.

Also I am definately seeing a lot more positive comments about this song from Non-UK Eurofans compared to our fans, it does remind me a lot of when Sam Ryder first released Space Man and we know how that ended up after we first heard it live.

I think we will get a good result.

Synergise

First live! He sounds fantastic.
This really works for me. I liked, but didn't love the song on release, but the small changes and harmonies they've added, particularly in the last 30 seconds are really strong and make this feel like it has a more satisfying progression, whereas in the studio the part after the spoken word feels a bit flat.

I feel more optimistic of a good result now, particularly with the jury. Keep the harmonies though please!!

theditz83

Veteran
I don't get why people are suddenly loving this but thought the studio version was a bit underwhelming. Think they are both great.

I do think this song will 100% lift on the Malmö stage. Can't wait to see what Olly has in store xheart

lukeRmaude

I’m excited to see what they come up with for the staging! A spinning platform of some sort? A room spinning? They could do so much !

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Yeah this is just aging very well for me. It's a simple electropop song but articulates beautifully what i'm missing and desire from my love life.

upgrading to a :10:

Chrisiam

I feel this live version feels stronger overall, but the spoken word part here felt weaker, it almost sounded like he gave up midway through and even when he did it, it didn't sound all that loud. I like the moment in the song otherwise, but I feel that if he is going to do it, then he needs to commit to it. Or failing that get someone else to do it. Otherwise it will just stick out for the wrong reasons.

Top Bottom