5 3.0%

16 9.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ESCConor

I think whats making me confident of this getting a good result is the fact that we know Olly is a very good performer, and sometimes that can really elevate a song.

I think his staging team are the same ones who done his BRITS performance with Elton John, maybe thats whats giving me a little more hope of a left hand side finish.

Also I am definately seeing a lot more positive comments about this song from Non-UK Eurofans compared to our fans, it does remind me a lot of when Sam Ryder first released Space Man and we know how that ended up after we first heard it live.

I think we will get a good result.

Synergise

First live! He sounds fantastic.
This really works for me. I liked, but didn't love the song on release, but the small changes and harmonies they've added, particularly in the last 30 seconds are really strong and make this feel like it has a more satisfying progression, whereas in the studio the part after the spoken word feels a bit flat.

I feel more optimistic of a good result now, particularly with the jury. Keep the harmonies though please!!

theditz83

Veteran
I don't get why people are suddenly loving this but thought the studio version was a bit underwhelming. Think they are both great.

I do think this song will 100% lift on the Malmö stage. Can't wait to see what Olly has in store xheart

lukeRmaude

I’m excited to see what they come up with for the staging! A spinning platform of some sort? A room spinning? They could do so much !

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Yeah this is just aging very well for me. It's a simple electropop song but articulates beautifully what i'm missing and desire from my love life.

upgrading to a :10:

Chrisiam

I feel this live version feels stronger overall, but the spoken word part here felt weaker, it almost sounded like he gave up midway through and even when he did it, it didn't sound all that loud. I like the moment in the song otherwise, but I feel that if he is going to do it, then he needs to commit to it. Or failing that get someone else to do it. Otherwise it will just stick out for the wrong reasons.

Lance Esgard

I feel this live version feels stronger overall, but the spoken word part here felt weaker, it almost sounded like he gave up midway through and even when he did it, it didn't sound all that loud. I like the moment in the song otherwise, but I feel that if he is going to do it, then he needs to commit to it. Or failing that get someone else to do it. Otherwise it will just stick out for the wrong reasons.
He did sound muffled in the spoken word part. That bit was definitely worse. I also think the way the beat intensified in the studio version at that point worked better, but that is a critique specific to this version with live instruments. The Eurovision version won't be like that.

I'm not sure if in the end he will do the whole of the spoken word part. I suspect it might be an intentional choice to only do part of it and then have the rest be a 'echo' via pre-recorded vocals.

Lance Esgard

I’m excited to see what they come up with for the staging! A spinning platform of some sort? A room spinning? They could do so much !
Maybe three spinning platforms? The music video hints at that as at least a possible direction. If they did do that, from the music video then they already have the platforms on hand and from their size, they do look like they aren't too big or heavy to use from a logistical point of view (especially as some of the props could be removed if needed).

Given that you don't need to have spinning platforms to have a camera circle around in a music video, it was either an intentional choice to have the performance more clearly appear to be done on the same stage instead of seeming to transition between separate locations, or perhaps to tease/foreshadow the Eurovision performance.

If they did go in that direction for Eurovision I think (or perhaps that is hope) that instead of constantly spinning that would be toned down at least for the platform he is on.

Top Bottom