• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

HarryUK

Veteran
I'd never heard of her until like 2 days ago. 🤣

I'm totally over all these apparent teases and hints tbh, it just makes me eyeroll. Its hard to tell what is legit and what is total bull at this point.
Everyone's just in denial that it's Jane McDonald tbh

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Everyone's just in denial that it's Jane McDonald tbh

The sooner shes announced the better. Then all these false rumours and click bait can end.

HarryUK

Veteran
If the deadline was April and not March, TaP and the BBC would have probably received threatening letters :LOL:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
It was fun for a while, but now it’s just annoying

Honestly yeah. Especially when all these totally mid songs keep getting thrown about. Like Mimis performance of Red Flags on TV last night was so totally lifeless and unimpressive. People are aguing its TaP strategy to build hype and tease, but you can only inflate a balloon so much before it explodes.

ChiversLookDivine

Just my 2 cents but announcing on the 7th wouldn’t be completely random as that’s when the first tickets go on sale and doing so mid-week would help prevent other selected acts from overshadowing the announcement. I‘m not sure I see much logic in dropping it on the 10th on the eve of Loreen’s confirmation but other than the fact Space Man dropped on that date last year, is there anything that would indicate it’s more likely to be then than the 12th or 13th, say?

It does sound like it might be an unreleased song from what can be drawn from Graham and Zoe’s chat on Radio 2 which assuming it is Rina, checks out for me based on the fact most of the stand out tracks from Hold The Girl seem to have been either performed once before or released as singles prior to the September deadline.

Sorry I should have made it clearer - if it's a new release it will be late Thursday or early Friday because Friday is the day of UK song releases. So the 7th would be completely random, not to mention there's no way it'll go out when the tickets go on sale on the same day.

As for Rina songs, people should keep an eye on 'Flavour of the Month', a demo that was exclusive to the Japanese release of the album. Shorter than 3 minutes, and as a demo it's got potential to be worked on further.

ChiversLookDivine

Didn't TaP say somewhere in their initial statement that they wanted to explore options of non-British born artists?? That would fit Rina - British citizen born in Japan...

Yes, several times now when people pointed this out in the thread, yeah.

The catch is that she's actually not British at all, as Japan doesn't allow dual citizenship. So she's Japanese and not British at all despite having lived here most of her life, and proudly talks about being British.

TaP basically told us it's her then.

StephenMuckle

I have another reason to think it's Mae Muller. She recorded stuff for Radio 1 at Maida Vale studios, which was the exact same thing Sam Ryder did this time last year shortly before his announcement. And to top it off she has been friends with Ben Mawson for years. Wouldn't be surprised if she was the plan from the beginning.

ESC_Peggy

I have another reason to think it's Mae Muller. She recorded stuff for Radio 1 at Maida Vale studios, which was the exact same thing Sam Ryder did this time last year shortly before his announcement. And to top it off she has been friends with Ben Mawson for years. Wouldn't be surprised if she was the plan from the beginning.
She recorded a session for Future Pop but she posted that TikTok a few weeks later and that’s already out unless she did something else too. It’s sad if true but the industry is corrupt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom