2 1.0%

13 6.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ChiversLookDivine

How are we now convinced it's Mae Muller because she recorded a song somewhere and sang on a BBC radio show when 949959 other artists have done that also. No one knew who she was a few days ago. Can't wait to find out in the next few days what our entry actually is.

Edit: the 'My source' tweets need to given 0 attention also tbh. The BBC aren't going to be giving out leaks like that for random people to tweet about it. They will strictly control everything and any drip feed of information

It should be noted that the 'my sources' are questionable at best. Usually a leak would get out because someone who works for BBC/TaP/a record label sends someone a screenshot of an album cover, or tells a mate about what they did at work today, or you can see the artist in the background of a social media post. It's usually an honest mistake and spreads outwards from a single source.

A leak is not done by having 3/4 people (supposedly at the BBC) messaging about 20-50 different Twitter accounts all saying "HEY GUYS KEEP THIS UNDER YOUR HATS BUT IT IS MAE MULLER".

I do not buy it for a second.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Sean

Admin
Staff member
The DDL is end of this week Gary, so unless they requested extra time this week is kind of a given.
It's the deadline for submissions but from my understanding of previous years it doesn't need to be made public this week?

MopManMoss

Veteran
The deadline is this week yes but there is no rule saying that the entry has to be released prior to the HoD meeting, theoretically the first full public play of a eurovision entry could be at eurovision itself

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
It's the deadline for submissions but from my understanding of previous years it doesn't need to be made public this week?

I mean, i guess they don't have to release it. They could hold out till rehearsals if they wanted to but I'm not sure why they would delay it unless there is something not quite ready. Countries being late is super rare.

ESC_Peggy

Even though I still say it’s Rina, I truly admire the nerve some of you have not to cower in fear as I do at some of these names like Mae being seen as acceptable alternatives.
My concern is the BBC Eurovision team are largely useless and should have been fired post-Embers. Sam is a one-off talent and I suspect the runner-up happened in spite of him, not because of them. His post-Eurovision work ethic supports that. If I were them I would have involved him in the selection process.

MopManMoss

Veteran
My concern is the BBC Eurovision team are largely useless and should have been fired post-Embers. Sam is a one-off talent and I suspect the runner-up happened in spite of him, not because of them. His post-Eurovision work ethic supports that. If I were them I would have involved him in the selection process.
And you base Sam Ryder's ability to field talent suitable for Eurovision on what exactly? vibes?

ESC_Peggy

And you base Sam Ryder's ability to field talent suitable for Eurovision on what exactly? vibes?
He said he wanted to be involved and if it's looking like TaP's "unrivalled expertise" have landed on a potential bottom 5 finish with Mae Muller then Sam and his team might be the real experts instead :sneaky:

MopManMoss

Veteran
I mean you’re making a lot of assumptions about who the artist is when we have no idea and not particularly long to wait, why not make an assessment on TaPs abilities after we actually know who the entrant is rather than just go round in circles with endless pointless speculation

HarryUK

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Freya’s ruled herself out
That's a relief, don't really care for the song at all

theditz83

Veteran
Yeah my thinking behind posting that FB post from ESC was more the actual confirmation that BBC wouldn't be doing a whole "we've confirmed but we'll hold off a few more weeks to tell the fans" scenario.

I can't wait for the meltdown in this thread post-reveal - regardless of who is chosen, there's gonna be some spicy chat I'm sure :LOL:

Top Bottom