Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man

I've searched around the universe
Been down some black holes
Nothing but space, man
And I want to go home​

Loindici

Veteran
To be honest I was expressing a huge disbelief on Papa Rainy's post, until...

:0: points

*finds wig to put on*

:7: points I'm being cautious for now

This is why I love your posts. Mind if I gift you with a rose? xrose

Remembrance

Brilliant song from the UK, imo :)

I still catch myself humming the melody and the chorus about a week after first hearing it... that's unusual!

Now they just need to promote the hell out of this, and have it chart all over Europe... maybe that's a big ask, though..?

ChiversLookDivine

Any other Brits getting angry with themselves for letting the hope and optimism rush back in after seeing some 7's, 8's, 10's and 12's? I said after Embers (and tbh after Molly and Lucie) that I would try to be cautious next time.

The entry has been official for an hour and my outlook has gone from 'bottom 5?' to 'maybe top 10?'

The best review I can give for Space Man is that, usually, I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to our own Eurovision entry. Pretty much every song from the last 15 years, except for Children of the Universe, has never made it to any of my Spotify playlists or YouTube binges - and yet I find myself hopelessly addicted to Space Man in a way that only De Diepte, In Corpore Sano and Fulenn can match this year.

I'm under no illusion that I think we'll win or even get Top 5. All I really want this year is to shatter that stereotype of Britain in the ESC, I want Europe to wake up and go "damn, Britain is trying again". I just want something I can be proud of on the night. Give me that left-hand column, that's all I want... signs of life.

94ayd

Quite a competent song from the :uk:, although I actually prefer his vocals to the composition. Has a nice chorus hook and he will definitely be remembered by the audience for his gorgeous locks. :7: points and expect a top 15 finish.

Nicfedy

I dislike falsetto it gives me a migraine, bizzarely I got winner vibes, or at least a good result, but still too early to be convinced. I’m just sick of UK hype in general as a nation, so maybe best keep a low profile and leave it to whatever happens. Very possibly 0 points again, anything else would be a nice surprise

Chrisiam

Having had a good listen (and put aside the sheer stupidity of how the reveal was handled) I think the song is perfectly fine. If I am to be negative this doesn't feel like an evolution over the songs we have had over the past decade or so but it has more of a credible sound, but I don't think it is as incredible as a contest like this needs.

It might end up on the left side of the board but I can easily see it getting lost in the mix and ending up in the bottom five. For now, I'm going to give it a :7:, it might go higher, it might go lower, I just feel a little burnt out by the crap handling of the promotion of the act in the run-up to today's reveal.

GermanBango

Gave it 3 points. It just doesn`t reach me whatsoever and therefore keeps carrying on the "great" tradition of UK entries. Would be very surprised if this doesn`t end up bottom 5.

Ringdalen

simori95

I don’t know if anyone knows the clip of boozy Jesy Nelson after having won an award with Little Mix, she said a swear word and she was like „I don’t care, I am just so happy“ or something, this perfectly describes my feelings towards the song. It might in fact tank, I can’t say for sure, but me really liking this makes me super happy ☺️

Zerocalcare

I like Sam Ryder. He looks like the friend we all wish we had. As for "Space Man"... the UK has finally pulled out its muscles! From last to :0: points in 2021 to probable winner in 2022. The UK has done what Australia could not do, combining a beautiful voice with an engaging song that I will never stop listening. Ryder's sweet voice (complete with a famous falsetto in the British school) gives the impression of floating in space. From the first moments of listening, however, something troubled me... in all this there was a vague memory that I could not grasp... For the universal theme dealt with and when Ryder raised the high it made me think a little about Gjon's Tears... Yes, Yes I was close but that wasn't all yet... Then I understood! The way of singing and the song itself were very close to the songs and the way of singing of a singer I love very much, James Morrison :love: What to say?! :12: points. UK this year you are a contender for victory! And it wasn't easy to be a contender because this is a year with very powerful ballads. I foresee a tough fight between S10 and Ryder between whose songs, in a way, I find a certain affinity, a certain degree of soft magic.

Sammy

Veteran
That‘s one of the songs where the verses convince me more than the chorus…

Top Bottom