United-Kingdom-scaled.jpg

Mrm

Veteran
@ESCConor

Are you Connor Wells who asked that BBC, on twitter? :D

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
What negative press? 😂😂😂 there is literally nothing about eurovision in the media atm.

Loindici

Veteran
So, getting RINISIWIYIMI on ESC? Sounds cool!

ESCConor

I can indeed confirm its was me who tweeted, guilty as charged lol, was trying to get more info about when the artist and song is being released. Clearly someone high up in the BBC must of saw this and pulled the announcement.

I got a funny feeling that they are waiting on maybe announcing the song on one of the primetime shows in the Uk, maybe on the One Show or Graham Norton Show perhaps?

I know also that our Head of Delegation, Andrew Cartmell, wasnt a fan of EYD, and thats why we ended up signing a deal with BMG to select our entry for Rotterdam, scrapping You Decide and going back to an Internal Selection. Funily enough, he was Head of Delegation before when sent Bonnie Tyler, Blue, Engelbert Humperdinck, Molly just to name a few.

His past entries suggest to me that he favours more established artists.

Last edited:

ESCConor

I did see some pretty interesting rumours about Rina, the same account did give some pretty interesting hints about it being her by only following 2 accounts. Rina would be a great choice for the UK if selected.

But we will wait and see who the BBC selects.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I know also that our Head of Delegation, Andrew Carmell, wasnt a fan of EYD, and thats why we ended up signing a deal with BMG to select our entry for Rotterdam, scrapping You Decide and going back to an Internal Selection. Funily enough, he was Head of Delegation before when sent Bonnie Tyler, Blue, Engelbert Humperdinck, Molly just to name a few.

His past entries suggest to me that he favours more established artists.

Wait. So this is the guy that vetoed Pixie Lott in 2012, and then demanded that Hurts gave their song to an old legend or reality star?? Causing Hurts to back out completely. Ok so im expecting total trash now.

Edit: just to clarify my expectations were dead before, now they're beyond revival.

ESCConor

I hope it doesnt happen and we end up making the same mistakes as in the past, however the difference here is that its BMG whos selecting the song, if it was the BBC who chose the song then I would feel the same as you.

njdevils94

Veteran

Another Artist whos signed to BMG who posted 2 days ago on her twitter - Foxes

She is another artist who has been out of the limelight for a while and she posted that she was on her way to London.

someone worth keeping your eye on.

I brought her name up back in July. It would be incredible if she dd ESC but it right now seems unlikely.

ESCConor

There are seven weeks until the HoD meeting in Rotterdam on the 9th/10th March 2020.

So surely something has to be announced soon.

Mrm

Veteran
There are seven weeks until the HoD meeting in Rotterdam on the 9th/10th March 2020.

So surely something has to be announced soon.
Just pick Daz sampson and end this farce.. :p xyaaay :D

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Maybe Jemini?

But that said, I have a feeling that it will be an upcoming artist.

LOOOOL you shouldn't make threats like that. My god, are they even still a thing?

Sean

Admin
Staff member
I did see some pretty interesting rumours about Rina, the same account did give some pretty interesting hints about it being her by only following 2 accounts. Rina would be a great choice for the UK if selected.

But we will wait and see who the BBC selects.

Where are these rumours? I've seen nothing

Romeo

It's destined to be right
Oh... I don't know if it's fact or fiction
But I'm sure we'll make the right decision
there is no compromise

;)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Top Bottom