5 1.4%

9 2.4%

34 9.2%

• Total voters

paddyirl

Re: UNITED KINGDOM 2011

MrJadeEwen said:
AlekS said:
I highly doubt that someone famous agrees to represent the UK during next 2 years

but someone famous was offered this year, according to the sun Katie Melua offered her services which were refused

stupid BBC :evil:

For some reason the BBC insist on a national final to pick the act.

Gary Barlow wanted to write the song and choose the performer, he wasn't allowed apparently.
Katie Melua wouldn't have wanted to compete in a NF with a bunch of nobodies.

Why does the BBC insist on a NF?

hawadharma

Let this year's Britain's Got Talent winner go Eurovision. :D

paddyirl

And if it is a dog what happens then, NO animals in ESC, its a rule. :lol: :lol:

hawadharma

paddyirl said:
And if it is a dog what happens then, NO animals in ESC, its a rule. :lol: :lol:

Ask the owner to sing then. :lol:

Olli

MrJadeEwen said:
AlekS said:
I highly doubt that someone famous agrees to represent the UK during next 2 years

but someone famous was offered this year, according to the sun Katie Melua offered her services which were refused

and the BBC said no??? oh my god :cry:

AlekS

Veteran

MrJadeEwen said:
AlekS said:

oh, "The Sun" ... :lol:

anyway, let me rephrase, BBC won't allow someone famous to sing. At least someone who definitely has chances to win the contest. For the 2nd consecutive year BBC confessed that they aren't interested in the victory.

hmmm, imo, if they took it seriously with ALW they came back to previous attitude this year.
If they think it's for entertaining, poking fun at ESC and controversial discussions about other countries/performers.... okay. But serious performers who can bring success do not fit this formula, imo.

Margerita86

While you never know, but I think the UK has just subscribed to a spot in the bottom 5 every year if that is the attitude BBC has...

uncommon

Send Sophie Ellis Bextor, please!!! It will be simple a bomb!!!! Then I will vote for Great Britain.
[youtube:1v8hq99x]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1sKhvcABH8[/youtube:1v8hq99x]

Bonnie

I want to see Tom Felton for UK! :) How cool, I'm a great fan of him. Great guy, voice, songs, guitar. ;) I know it's like impossible but It'd be great with Tom Felton! =] This year Tom Dice reminds me to him!

Schlagerman1

AlekS said:
anyway, let me rephrase, BBC won't allow someone famous to sing. At least someone who definitely has chances to win the contest. For the 2nd consecutive year BBC confessed that they aren't interested in the victory.

Well I came to my mind now that I guess that UK doesn't want to win..since the Olympics in London is not that far away, so they won't send a winner, thats for sure.

but please UK, would just be fun if you sent a song that was modern at least...as I said multiple times on the forum, it doesn't have to be someone famous, just send something fresh and at least compete about 10th place, that would at least make me a bit happy! :)

FallenAngelII

Bonnie said:
I want to see Tom Felton for UK! :) How cool, I'm a great fan of him. Great guy, voice, songs, guitar. ;) I know it's like impossible but It'd be great with Tom Felton! =] This year Tom Dice reminds me to him!
What the, Draco Malfoy in my Eurovision?! Well, if he shows up with bleached hair, wizards robes riding on a broomstick, the UK's got a Top 5 spot in the bag.

MrJadeEwen

lucian-crusher said:
I think diferently! I think that -uk would want to win because of the Olympics and host them both in 2012! :cool: :cool:

Olympics already makes the BBC spend way more than usual, Eurovision as well would make the show completely crap... If you want a good BBC hosting 2013 would be better

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

This obviously doesn't come as a surprise but BBC has confirmed their participation (not that we were really worried about them)

Otto

The songwriter that will write our 2011 entry will depend on the amount of money the BBC's entertainment department decide to allocate to our Eurovision participation. If (and only IF) they can offer enough money, Gary Barlow will be the songwriter.

Top Bottom