Contact us

UNITED KINGDOM 2010 - Josh Dubovie - That Sounds Good to Me

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

adamsamways

I've given my own country 0 points! I don't like the singer, I hate the song even more and watching the selection show actually made me angry. I couldn't believe what I was watching, it was all just a disaster! I give up with the UK and eurovision, this song needs to change completely if we want to get any points at all in Oslo, and when we inevitably end up bottom of the leaderboard you can bet that the press will revert back to the usual "it's all politics, the UK can never win this contest" rubbish. It's so frustrating!

Margerita86

adamsamways said:
I've given my own country 0 points! I don't like the singer, I hate the song even more and watching the selection show actually made me angry. I couldn't believe what I was watching, it was all just a disaster! I give up with the UK and eurovision, this song needs to change completely if we want to get any points at all in Oslo, and when we inevitably end up bottom of the leaderboard you can bet that the press will revert back to the usual "it's all politics, the UK can never win this contest" rubbish. It's so frustrating!
Yup, the UK usually deserv to be in the bottom 5, Jade however was really good even if the song was a bit old facioned.

God, I want to something in the same vein as Kathrina and the waves that song was really damn good. They can't expect to win with anything else really.

adamsamways

Yeah Katrina and the waves was really something special! But the entries surrounding it weren't bad either, its since the 2000's that we have begun choosing absolute rubbish (minus Jade and Jessica). Maybe the old song for europe format wasn't so bad afterall, as it allowed a mixture of songs to enter and radio listeners voted out the bad songs before they reached the TV. I'm looking forward to May because I hardly ever support the UK anyway I'm just dreading the backlash the day after. I pray the BBC has realised how bad they have got it wrong and completely overhaul the song. Fingers crossed!

hechicera

I am sooo mad at UK right now. I honestly cannot believe that this... "song" is the best you can do?! You have some of the world's best singers and bands, you have an amazing music industry, and this is it?

I mean, it's not like I expected Leona Lewis or Daniel Merriweather, but still... I thought that last year's good result will be a sign of changing BBC's attitude towards the ESC, but alas. I'm sorry guys, but this is really a bottom of the barrel. :(

PS We want Amy Winehouse in 2011!!! :cool:

94ayd

I hadn't thought of her. :D

hechicera

Yeah, she would be awesome. :) And you know, she just might be crazy enough to accept that. :D

adamsamways

lol imagine Amy Winehouse at ESC!!! She'd have absolutely no clue where she was, what she was doing or who she even was lol bless her!! Would make for interesting TV though when the music starts and Amy mumbles "what the f**k is goin on?" haha

Ohhhh UK you never cease to disappoint me :(

hechicera

I think Amy would be great. Even though she's a kook, she is famous all over Europe, and everyone loves her. :) She wouldn't have to sing at all, she could just stand there for 3 minutes, with a glass of whiskey in her hand. :) She'd have my vote. :)

adamsamways

hechicera said:
I think Amy would be great. Even though she's a kook, she is famous all over Europe, and everyone loves her. :) She wouldn't have to sing at all, she could just stand there for 3 minutes, with a glass of whiskey in her hand. :) She'd have my vote. :)

lol the campaign starts here! Amy Winehouse for UK 2011 :p I'm sure she could be persuaded to sign something when drunk :D

Borderline

adamsamways said:
hechicera said:

lol the campaign starts here! Amy Winehouse for UK 2011 :p I'm sure she could be persuaded to sign something when drunk :D

LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

charlesf

Obviously the BBC/Britain isn't even trying. They're gunning for the lowest common denominator - and failing at that.

My hope is that the ESC will progressively feature more entries that aren't kitsch, trash or novelty acts. A couple in the running this year. My hope is those few exceptions will help improve the ESC's brand image. Long way to go...

KilledByShoes

Ahh, here he is, our wanna-be cute boy of the year! The song is not as disturbing or boring as some entries this year but that's it.

Muireanne

Last year (2009) Britain and France... this year (2010) Spain and Germany... you can't have it all at once from the Big4 it seems :lol:

Top Bottom