• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

revallsay

It's not that we didn't know months in advance. No comment. Congratulations to Poland on hosting Eurovision 2023.
Hell no, I hope TVP is not that stupid to agree to host. Polish people do not wish to host Eurovision for Ukraine.

Fierro

Hell no, I hope TVP is not that stupid to agree to host. Polish people do not wish to host Eurovision for Ukraine.
Please do not react to stupid comments. Why would Poland host ESC instead of other country, even neighbors?

Your remark about Polish people not wanting it shows kind of fatigue from our refugees, understandable

No one will force Poland to host ESC instead of Ukraine. Most likely it will be UK as the 2nd place.

EscGeek

Veteran
I was #TeamKalush since the very beginning. Watching them lose to Alina was not pleasant to watch. In the end, things worked out in my favor even though i don't like the way how. I'm really happy with the winner but given the situation, you guys could have won with a f*****g "Disko", or at least come top 5 with it. :lol:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Sure, it's an epic victory and one that sends a big signal to the rest of the world. Sadly the signal is that poltics trump music, in a fucking music contest. Kalush didn't deserve to win based on merit though. There were better songs and better acts out there, and those songs and acts lost because they had the misfortune of being stuck in a contest that *also* had Ukraine in it. :-/

I like Stefania and all, but their victory rings hollow to me.

SirPeterGriffin

Even the jury was political because no way, under normal circunstances, would this get close to 200 points when last year the same jury did Ukraine dirty with a vastly superior song. I guess i'll just pretend this victory was for my beloved SHUM.

Ezio

Veteran
Stefania is a great song after all and the performance was very compelling. But it’s a music competition, not political protest event. It’s a Top 8 song in a normal year.
congrats for their third win in 19 years and for their first male act to win. Since 2013, Ukraine is on top of the game. They had many great results before as well, but that were mostly sexy ladies with cheesy songs.

Quent91

I am extremely disappointed with this victory. It's undeserved. Song is really average. They won just because of the war.

There should be a new rule : every country involved in a war should be banned of ESC. Whatever side they are.

The average european public really has a low IQ. If you have pity for a country, it doesn't mean it should win a contest based on music.

Next year in Moscow anyway ?

Ezio

Veteran
I am extremely disappointed with this victory. It's undeserved. Song is really average. They won just because of the war.

There should be a new rule : every country involved in a war should be banned of ESC. Whatever side they are.

The average european public really has a low IQ. If you have pity for a country, it doesn't mean it should win a contest based on music.

Imagine Ukraine wins the war, annexes Russia and hosts in Moscow….

seriouly, I guess we are going to L’viv next year.

i am heartbroken for Spain. That should have been their win. Hope they slay harder next year.

soulm8

Official video for Stefania is out, would strongly recommend locating some tissues before watching

Then stay and fight in your country, not in a song contest when the situation is so bad. No?

Hamsterwheel

I think we are down to the age old argument that can not be proved:

1) Did the song win on its own merit or...
2) Did the song win for a plethora of other reasons (with the only thing that can be said about the person unequivocally arguing this is they didnt like the song at all or that much and wanted another song to win)?

It's interesting though for me the fans who jump from one side of the argument to the other depending on whether they loved the song or not.

Kaz

Then stay and fight in your country, not in a song contest when the situation is so bad. No?
Seriously? You think that Ukraine is gonna lose the war because 5 men left the country for a week to present Ukrainian culture + make a cry for help to millions of people? Clownery.

babadabada

This is a stupid idea.
Ok Ukraine is « involved » in a war. They’re were invaded at first place. They didn’t provoke what is happening to them.

So, if some day Belgium is invaded by another country, not provoking anything at all, we should ban them from every competition like ESC, film festivals, Olympics etc ?

if I take your suggestion at face value, there wouldn't be many participants in Eurovision anymore and I'm not talking about financial contributions either...

Ausesken

The saddest thing is that we'll never know if Ukraine has won because of musical reasons or because of political reasons. To me it's obvious that people wouldn't have voted massively for Ukraine if there wasn't a war going on. It was their solidarity gesture with the Ukrainian people. You don't agree with this? Right, but you can't prove your argument either, and this is my point.

This is not a full victory for Ukraine. Now they go home labelled by many people as 'the ones who won because of the war'. Their reputation in Eurovision will be affected + we will never know who would have actually won in a different situation.

I think there are better and more effective ways to show our support to this country than making them win a music contest. I'm sure they'd appreciate much more military (and political) support than a victory in a music contest. It's ridiculous, but well, that's the way people found to share their love with them.

soulm8

Seriously? You think that Ukraine is gonna lose the war because 5 men left the country for a week to present Ukrainian culture + make a cry for help to millions of people? Clownery.
I think the situation there is exaggerated to maximum. I feel bad for many people who are struggling there, but as I said once can you see Iraq participating in a song contest after US attacked them? If Russia wanted they could finish what they started really fast. I hate Putin to my bones, but country in a war is watching and participating in a song contests, I even almost got beaten by drunk refugees in Bulgaria, so my sympathy left me.

lilka

Are you for real?
Yeah, @Ezio, excellent idea, they should totally annex Russia! :LOL:

hijirio

Veteran
Official video for Stefania is out, would strongly recommend locating some tissues before watching

The song had nothing to do with the war in the first place. It was about a mother and now they’re baiting for sympathy by diverting the song’s meaning, it’s very unethical in my opinion to take opportunity of the war for their personal interest xshrug

Top Bottom