• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ravlyk

No, I didn't think of that wording no, not because I lack empathy, just because it's kinda a given. Of course there shouldn't be a war, but there's not much people can do about Putin being an ass can we? But the Ukrainian delegation could have decided to pull out when it broke out.
Sorry, but it sounds a little bit childish/infantile to me. I can give you a hint how to get the same (not granted, by the way) benefits. Belgium can join us ukrainians in our war against putin. That's it! Very simple.

Gitte

Sorry, but it sounds a little bit childish/infantile to me. I can give you a hint how to get the same (not granted, by the way) benefits. Belgium can join us ukrainians in our war against putin. That's it! Very simple.
idc about Belgium's score lol. I want the UK, Australia or Sweden to win.

I'd like to take this moment before GF to reflect on everything Kalush Orchestra went through.

1. They won Vidbir's televote but ended up short sleeves thanks to the jury that skyrocketed Alina Pash. They had been denied to see the official results and jury vote.

2. When it was discovered that Pash lied about travelling to Crimea from Russia, what is a felony in UKR, and forged her documents, therefore withdrawing eventually, people completely inconsiderate of what that meant for many Ukrainians amidst upcoming invasion on Ukraine, poured their hate and discontent with Alina's withdrawal on Kalush, as if that had anything to do with them.

3. When they finally agreed with the broadcaster to represent UKR on ESC, and anounnced that on 22nd FEBRUARY, 72 HRS LATER THEY ARE WAKING UP IN KYIV UNDER RUSSIAN MISSILES

4. In the first week of March we'd been discussing here if Ukraine would exist at all by May 14th so that it could participate in the contest. Kalush spent that whole month in shelter or with territorial defence or organising humanitarian assistance

5. Therefore, it is a miracle that they have had time at all to prepare for the contest. Yet they came with top notch performance and one of best stagings EVER.

6. In spite of not speaking English, they travelled the world to represent the song, at the ESC they approached every media, every journalist, every artist, they went on the streets to busker, they visited Ukrainian refugees in Israel and Europe.

I am, as a human being and not a Ukrainian, proud of them. And so should be every Ukrainian tonight, irrespective of whether they'll win it or not.

Best of luck and Slava Ukraini. ✌️🤞

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
President Zelensky has just released a video supporting Kalush Orchestra xbow

"Very soon in the Eurovision final, the continent and the whole world will hear our native word.
I believe that, in the end, this word will be "Victory"!
Europe, vote for Kalush Orchestra - № 12!
Let’s support our fellow countrymen!
Let’s support Ukraine! 🇺🇦"

PhoenixAscends

I don’t think Ukraine winning Eurovision will bother Putin at all or a message needs to be sent. Europe has already shown its unity with Ukraine in other ways.
This may not be a popular opinion but this song isn’t one of my favourites and I would be disappointed if it won based on sympathy votes, but Europe will speak tonight and I will respect the decision of our European community. We stand together and we win together, whoever takes home the trophy. Much love to Ukraine in these terrible times. ❤️ 🇺🇦

Gitte

Ok, being obvious is weird.

You are clearly angry at me and I am sorry. It's not that I don't want Ukraine to participate at all. I am just tired of all the stuff that goes around about Ukraine winning anyway because of sympathy votes etc. We wouldn't have inflated odds and even more "It'S alL pOLoTiCs" bagger than usual (The Belgian attitude isn't much better than the UK's when it comes to this) if Ukraine wouldn't participate - and yes, if Putin wasn't an ass - we wouldn't have such a controversial pre-Final season. I don't dislike the song, and your country is always amazing in ESC, I just dislike all the politics stuff that goes around especially now and having to defend my love for the contest everywhere I go is stressing me out which triggered my original comment. I can understand it was misplaced due to what your country is going through. (Allthough I was taken aback by the hostile reaction) Like I said, I would love it if part of the votesmoney would just go the Ukraine no matter who someone votes for, so the contest supports your country no matter what.

Have fun watching :giggle:

Ravlyk

You are clearly angry at me and I am sorry. It's not that I don't want Ukraine to participate at all. I am just tired of all the stuff that goes around about Ukraine winning anyway because of sympathy votes etc. We wouldn't have inflated odds and even more "It'S alL pOLoTiCs" bagger than usual (The Belgian attitude isn't much better than the UK's when it comes to this) if Ukraine wouldn't participate - and yes, if Putin wasn't an ass - we wouldn't have such a controversial pre-Final season.
I'm not that angry (may be a little bit, i don't know). I just find your attitude childish. "It'S alL pOLoTiCs" eurovision problem becomes so tiny when you compare it to real problems. It's allmost nonexistent. Like "haters gonna hate" problem.
I didn't mean to be hostile. I just don't agree Ukraine should've quit. Thats all ;)

Last edited:

LakZaNokte

Ukraine won by massive televote.
In fact, turns out if would win with lesser jury support.

lacrymea

The lowest score it got from the public was seven… seven

I rest my case. I liked it though, but anyone saying that it wasn’t political is dumb
There's a difference between politics and showing love. And a song that wins due to love demonstration is a deserved winner.

Ukraine has been my number #2 for the entire season. I voted for it cause I like it. The war context makes me emotional whenever the song starts, it's inevitable.

If people around Europe felt that emotion too, who cares if it's because of the lyrics, the melody or the context?

People vote in this contest for all sorts of reasons and no one bats an eye.

At least this time, it was for the right reason.

Top Bottom