• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

PolarFoxxie.

Well he can donate money from his concerts if he wants to help Ukraine. Second, quite a contrary of helping Ukraine. Their potential win means economic problems and Potential debts for Ukraine. And where would Eurovision be in that case organized? In Poland :pl: I assume. I don't know that mahmood knows what he is even talking about, because it would mean oposite of help. He should think twice before he says things.

Krishoes

He said it totally in good faith and it's absurd that we've gotten to the point where a person says something positive and kind and it has to be turned against them as if they said something absurd and unrepeatable. We are really scraping the bottom of the barrel this year.

PolarFoxxie.

a person says something .... absurd and unrepeatable. We are really scraping the bottom of the barrel this year.
Well, in reality he did say something absolutely absurd because it doesn't mean help for Ukraine. It just means economic problems, Potential debts and Organisation probably going to Poland :pl:. There are other ways he can actually help Ukraine. I've already made my point. I hope you understood what i am talking about. I don't want to repeat myself. :)

Mainshow

Veteran
You simply didn't understand Mahmood's initial statement.

He didn't claim that a potential victory for Ukraine in Eurovision would help Ukraine in this horrible war. He didn't say anything absurd. Actually, he basically said the opposite: Not even winning Eurovision can make up for it what Ukraine has to go through and he also questions if a Eurovision victory would help them but if it does, he will support it.

It's really not so difficult. Just relax a bit?

A-lister

Veteran
He said it totally in good faith and it's absurd that we've gotten to the point where a person says something positive and kind and it has to be turned against them as if they said something absurd and unrepeatable. We are really scraping the bottom of the barrel this year.

Not "we" but a certain troll in here... ;)

AlekS

Veteran
The semis will be broadcast on UA:Culture.
PBC is having discussions whether to broadcast the final on UA: Pershiy (it can interrupt the war TV marathon).

50% of our costumes will be similar to Vidbir. While replying about the staging and colors he said there will be just a little bit of blue & yellow.

Timur is our commentator.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
I think it´s best to broadcast Eurovision on UA:Culture - I mean, you´re facing a war and it´s just logical to not interrupt any broadcast regarding the invasion by Nazi Russia.

Or maybe broadcast it on both channels? So that - if there´s the need to interrupt the Eurovision broadcast, Ukraine won´t "face any charges" by the EBU because there will be no disconnection of broadcasting the event (even though I doubt it that the EBU would be such heartless and cruel to press charges).

AlekS

Veteran

Mainshow

Veteran
Albania has been using a lot of red/black lately - dunno why "excessive amount of blue & yellow" is a dealbreaker now.
Personally, I think that there must have been something else which led to them reworking their staging "to remain apolitical".

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Albania has been using a lot of red/black lately - dunno why "excessive amount of blue & yellow" is a dealbreaker now.
Their Vidbir costumes could be deemed too political. Look at the trolls in this thread - even our existence is political, and a threat for their faves EBU's reputation :lol:
ESC techies prohibited Loboda to descend from the ceiling, yet they allowed the same thing for Bilan to open the show.
They prohibited Zlata to use holograms (with "It would be unfair advantage" lame excuse), yet they allowed the same thing for Paula & Ovi next year.
They also scrapped Jamala's original staging (holograms).
None of these abolished any technical restrictions.
I don't even talk about dear Russian friends from the EBU in 2017 who wanted to force us to work on hosting with "their" companies, and after we had refused they started forcing Samoylova situation, giving interviews in political tabloids and posting political articles on their broadcasters' official sites. In 2020 German broadcaster thought that even using our language was political.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
ESC techies prohibited Loboda to descend from the ceiling, yet they allowed the same thing for Bilan to open the show.
They prohibited Zlata to use holograms (with "It would be unfair advantage" lame excuse), yet they allowed the same thing for Paula & Ovi next year.
You´re right - I´ve always thought some of EBU´s or executive producers´s choices have been very arbitrary and inconsistent.

One may still argue that Bilan wasn´t competing in 2009 and thus, his performance worked as an exception to the rule.
Eurovision has also "evolved" and changed the rules for the better (regarding artistry/freedom/choices) (like allowing holograms the following year).
It just feels strange to think that "national colours" are forbidden all of a sudden - but of course, I don´t know the exact rules or the performances.

Rocket man

Their Vidbir costumes could be deemed too political. Look at the trolls in this thread - even our existence is political, and a threat for their faves EBU's reputation :lol:
I don't even talk about dear Russian friends from the EBU in 2017 who wanted to force us to work on hosting with "their" companies, and after we had refused they started forcing Samoylova situation, giving interviews in political tabloids and posting political articles on their broadcasters' official sites. In 2020 German broadcaster thought that even using our language was political.
I thought the EBU were quite slow to ban Russia from Eurovision too, they were dragging their feet and making excuses.

Ajeje Brazorf

There is no sense in this Mahmood statement and in the entire discussion, because the best song should win. Period. It is a "song contest", btw. If Ukraine will be the best on the night, they might win, otherwise they probably won't. It's very simple.

Speaking of music, which is the main focus of Eurovision, I don't think Stefania is as good as Shum, but it is a good song which can be elevated with a proper staging. It is not in my top 10 right now, but it can sneak in sooner or later because it has good potential. So, can it be a winner? Yes, some will adore this song and I think a top 5 is pretty much clinched and expecially the televoters will enjoy it. Not so sure about the juries, though, because it's kinda a polarizing genre and could drop significantly. In conclusion, I'm not so sure how this will be ranked we shall just wait and see.

Last edited:

PolarFoxxie.

So I don't like it all what Ukraine delegation is trying to do. Good for ebu, if LGBT flags aren't allowed on stage, then other Things should be forbidden as well. This is Song Contest, let it be song contest. I mean they are getting all the praise, support from all over Europe and now they want to do what exactly? I don't like it. What's the point of it.

Last edited:

Rocket man

So I don't like it all what Ukraine delegation is trying to do. Good for ebu, if LGBT flags aren't allowed on stage, then other Things should be forbidden as well. This is Song Contest, let it be song contest. I mean they are getting all the praise, support from all over Europe and now they want to do what exactly? I don't like it. What's the point of it.
Get used to it, and it's not just Europe, the whole world is rightly on Ukraine's side.

StephenMuckle

Do the EBU maybe fear that UAPBC are trying to milk the sympathy vote as much as possible? I thought a representative of UAPBC said that the best result they want is second. If this is the case, then this contradicts what they have said before. Sort of reminds me of how WWE exploited Eddie Guerrero's death, and if true, it's pretty tasteless by the Ukrainian broadcaster to do this.

Top Bottom