Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки

Гей розплетися, Шуме, розплетися,
Зеленим барвінком та й застелися
Сію-вію, сію-вію конопелечки
Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки​

Last edited by a moderator:

AlekS

Veteran
They're rehearsing for the backup performance, learning the choreo. It will not differ from their May performance. There will be no dancers & no backing vocalists (unless they decided to change the original plan). I've noticed one ancient interesting thing in their stories, I guess it will be a part of the choreo. I'm gagging if it's gonna resemble my ava (y)
They also said they will try to combine ancient & modern things in their performance.

rasmuslights

Veteran
OMG Max Barskih wants to represent Ukraine next year!! Ukranians here, do you think the broadcaster will accept a singer who is otherwise mostly present in Russia? I surely hope so.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I have nothing against this song, but if there's justice, it shouldn't qualify from that semi. I'm okay with it making it instead of Lithuania, obviously, but still it shouldn't take the place in the final from more deserving songs, like Israel, Croatia, Australia or Slovenia, only because fans want it to.

Remisan

The video is wonderful, I like its symbolic message - spring will come, all bad things will remain in the past (Chernobyl disaster, covid19), everything will be fine, the world will be reborn.
I am really happy, that the song is in Ukrainian (y)
It is an interesting modern rethinking of folk songs.
But it was better before the revamp (sounded hypnotic and the chorus was better was more memorable). Unfortunately, I know a lot of folk songs, I learned these at school in music lessons many years ago, so vesnyanka (spring folk song) as text isn't very interesting for me.
Not for my playlist, but it's still great. :giggle: 11th or 12th place in my top

Sorry, I have a small vocabulary in English, and sometimes I use google translate)

Last edited:
  • Like It
Reactions: Rob

Rob

I have nothing against this song, but if there's justice, it shouldn't qualify from that semi. I'm okay with it making it instead of Lithuania, obviously, but still it shouldn't take the place in the final from more deserving songs, like Israel, Croatia, Australia or Slovenia, only because fans want it to.
That doesn't make sense, because if it has more fans they want it in the final, it's deserved...

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Thought that April 1 started early, but it didn't o_O

The Head of PBC confirmed that long-time ESC/JESC commentator (since 2005) Timur Miroshnychenko quit PBC. He's going to host Slavyansky Bazar fest (organized by Lukashenko's government). Very controversial move, knowing that both countries are at cold war. Ukraine didn't recognize Lukashenko, we sheltered Belarusian refugees/politicians/businesses and we even recalled our ambassador.
Even Maruv refused to perform at that fest.

Wondering if PBC will invite former ESC stars to host again. Invite Jamala & Maruv together. They became friends after 2019 NF (Jamala even sang Siren Song) people would gag :LOL:

EDIT: Timur denied that. Said he refused to go to Belarus. Said he has quit just to get hired again, but not as a full-time employee. Wondering if the boss will take him back now, after everything he has said in the interview, lol xpopcorn

Last edited:

Fierro

Tbh I haven't watched ESC with Ukrainian commentary for ages. They are too loud and make it harder for me to follow the show. Plus PBC has ads during interval-acts.

AlekS

Veteran
Mr. Wikipedia should have been fired in 2011. After this:
*coarse language alert*

:ROFLMAO: Very professional.

He should have been fired in in 2013 after his homophobia against Krista Siegfrids.
He should have been fired in 2014 after his homophobic saying against Conchita.
He should have been fired in 2020 after calling gays "freaks".
He should have been fired in 2021 after yesterday's interview. Moreover he liked the post which blamed the Head of PBC in having bipolar disorder o_O

Geborgenheit

Thought that April 1 started early, but it didn't o_O

The Head of PBC confirmed that long-time ESC/JESC commentator (since 2005) Timur Miroshnychenko quit PBC. He's going to host Slavyansky Bazar fest (organized by Lukashenko's government).

I have read on Facebook that Maruv is going to Slavyanskij bazar. Hanba!

AlekS

Veteran
I have read on Facebook that Maruv is going to Slavyanskij bazar. Hanba!
She has refused 2 days ago ;) They included her name without her permission.
Timur, on the other hand, admitted that he's fully aware that the contest is funded by Belarus & Russia, but he's still thinking. 2 governments under sanctions and he's still thinking? lol. Now he threatened a journalist to sue her, her boss said they've got tapes of the interview :lol: xpopcorn

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Mr. Wikipedia should have been fired in 2011. After this:
*coarse language alert*

:ROFLMAO: Very professional.

He should have been fired in in 2013 after his homophobia against Krista Siegfrids.
He should have been fired in 2014 after his homophobic saying against Conchita.
He should have been fired in 2020 after calling gays "freaks".
He should have been fired in 2021 after yesterday's interview. Moreover he liked the post which blamed the Head of PBC in having bipolar disorder o_O
Couldnt find that interview, only his comments about situation

AlekS

Veteran
Couldnt find that interview, only his comments about situation
Especially the last 2 questions.
"Lukashenko has little influence on this festival" :lol:...
- "Do you know it's sponsored by state?"
- "Not only by state, but also by Russia"
(even better :lol:)
In a few hours after these excuses he withdrew.
Socially-Awesome-Awkward-Penguin.jpg

He liked this post yesterday.

Also the broadcaster that officially supports LGBTQ+ and homophobic TV host simply do not mix.

Last edited:

Shadowfuxcs

Ukraine are one of my biggest growers this year thanks to the revamp and the overall esthetic of the entry. It is one of the most successful entries of combining local identity with modern sound in recent memory.
I wouldn't mind them winning even if it meant that we had to sit through those horrible hosts from 2017.

Top Bottom