Гей розплетися, Шуме, розплетися,
Зеленим барвінком та й застелися
Сію-вію, сію-вію конопелечки
Сію-вію, сію-вію зеленесеньки​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's review:

So "Soloviy" was my #1 last year, and contrary to popular opinion I think this year's entry by Go_A is weaker, it is simply more monotone and heavy, wheres I think "Soloviy" was more melodic and at least to my ears musically better. With that said, Ukraine is still among my favorites this year and "Shum" is still a good track and tick all the boxes on what Eurovision should be all about; an entry that represents the local music scene, that blends modern with local, that is daring and forward-thinking and I really really hope the juries will truly see this and appreciate it for a change, but I'm really worried. This does give me "Voda" (Bulgaria 2007) vibes though, the production is better here however, but I think "Voda" was in general a better track, not that it really matters as both songs are more original than 90% of what we get in Eurovision. This is another top. 10 for Ukraine for me.

AlekS

Veteran
Zurab Alasania will retire on May 14.
I'm cheering for Vasyl Filimon. He has already worked for PBC local branch in my city.

Yeah, inexperienced but he's still better than everyone else in that list. I also don't mind the current PBC vice-president Mykola Chornotytskii (the most likely winner, Alasania's successor).

lasse braun

the first version of shum has now around 3,5 million youtube hits but more surprising is the fact,that the new version is already above 2,3 million hits - that is in the same range than huge favorit malta or aserbaidchan(why?) and nearly twice as much than san marino or sweden.
is that a positive sign?

Mimmon

Veteran
Zurab Alasania will retire on May 14.
I'm cheering for Vasyl Filimon. He has already worked for PBC local branch in my city.

Yeah, inexperienced but he's still better than everyone else in that list. I also don't mind the current PBC vice-president Mykola Chornotytskii (the most likely winner, Alasania's successor).
Just curious what are the whole list for that position...if its known yet

gingerale

the first version of shum has now around 3,5 million youtube hits but more surprising is the fact,that the new version is already above 2,3 million hits - that is in the same range than huge favorit malta or aserbaidchan(why?) and nearly twice as much than san marino or sweden.
is that a positive sign?

I think Ukraine Eurovision artists are very popular in their own country. And probably also in lots of the former Soviet states. Not to forget the diaspora.

I also expect that SHUM will get a high amount of points from these countries. But there could also be a lot of zeros from western and northern countries.

AlekS

Veteran
I think Ukraine Eurovision artists are very popular in their own country. And probably also in lots of the former Soviet states. Not to forget the diaspora.

I also expect that SHUM will get a high amount of points from these countries. But there could also be a lot of zeros from western and northern countries.
Only inside Ukraine. The last very popular performer (in former Soviet states) was Loboda (2009) and maybe Jamala. We don't have biased diaspora that votes for us no matter what. They can give us 12 pts one year and 0 pts the next year if they don't like the song (2012 & 2017 for instance).
+ Go_A were unknown before 2020, so diaspora knows them only because of ESC & only those of them who follow Eurovision.
Ukraine doesn't fit Scandinavian block, West usually dislikes us. But not always. I mean look at Jamala receiving 12's and 10's from Finland, Austria and France. Even 7 from Sweden (eat this, Björkman :p).

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
A-lister's review:

So "Soloviy" was my #1 last year, and contrary to popular opinion I think this year's entry by Go_A is weaker, it is simply more monotone and heavy, wheres I think "Soloviy" was more melodic and at least to my ears musically better. With that said, Ukraine is still among my favorites this year and "Shum" is still a good track and tick all the boxes on what Eurovision should be all about; an entry that represents the local music scene, that blends modern with local, that is daring and forward-thinking and I really really hope the juries will truly see this and appreciate it for a change, but I'm really worried. This does give me "Voda" (Bulgaria 2007) vibes though, the production is better here however, but I think "Voda" was in general a better track, not that it really matters as both songs are more original than 90% of what we get in Eurovision. This is another top. 10 for Ukraine for me.
I have never liked Bulgaria 2007, for me one of the most overrated entries of all time. I did really like 'Samo Shampioni' so it's not a style itself that made me dislike that.

AlekS

Veteran
Depends if the views are from an international crowd or their fanbase within Ukraine (who can't vote for their own country ). That's why you can't really tell anything based on Youtube views.
The stats for the 1st video in the middle of March:

1. Ukraine
2. Germany
3. United Kingdom
4-5 is between Russia and Poland.

Ukrainian percentage is 60% approx. But then again, let's see how many views from the UK and British former colonies Malta has, how many Italian ones for San Marino, Turkish diaspora for Azerbaijan etc. What matters the most is if the song is good. If it sucks, nobody's gonna watch it, no matter how popular performer is. Look at Vidbir and us slamming the band who had 300 million views per video :ROFLMAO:

But I'm surprised with Germany (only 200k Ukrainian diaspora, not even top-10 of all diasporas there) & United Kingdom (only 23k). Diaspora factor doesn't work for us anyway.
The video also peaked at #7 on the Icelandic Weekly Youtube chart, spent there several weeks. No idea about everyone else, I don't follow charts this year.

Last edited:

Zonne147

My grower of the season :D

And I think I'll start to like it even more in May, can't wait to see those last 50 seconds live xheat

Rob

And look at the semifinal 1 countries, that is the reason why the final qualify is in danger!

Rob

Only inside Ukraine. The last very popular performer (in former Soviet states) was Loboda (2009) and maybe Jamala. We don't have biased diaspora that votes for us no matter what. They can give us 12 pts one year and 0 pts the next year if they don't like the song (2012 & 2017 for instance).
+ Go_A were unknown before 2020, so diaspora knows them only because of ESC & only those of them who follow Eurovision.
Ukraine doesn't fit Scandinavian block, West usualy dislikes us. But not always. I mean look at Jamala receiving 12's and 10's from Finland, Austria and France. Even 7 from Sweden (eat this, Björkman :p).
And look at me, i'm celebrating Go_A too, am I the only one in Germany??? :oops:

gingerale

The stats for the 1st video in the middle of March:

1. Ukraine
2. Germany
3. United Kingdom
Yet another not proven theory from me but haven't Germany and UK the biggest Eurovison fangroups? (due to the fact that they have large populations and a long Eurovision tradition?)

AlekS

Veteran
Yet another not proven theory from me but haven't Germany and UK the biggest Eurovison fangroups? (due to the fact that they have large populations and a long Eurovision tradition?)
I actually agree, judging from the tickets stats in 2017 xlove And yet they weren't interested in our previous entries on YT that much. + some other videos with much less views this year.

RevNet

THE GOOD:
  • I like that the beat goes faster and faster.
  • I oddly like the video.
THE BAD:
  • The vocals are just on the verge of becoming grating, especially towards the end.
THE VERDICT:

This track is...interesting, I'll give it that. Kids might like the song, but I don't think their parents will. As far as the Final is concerned, this is the wild card for me. It might qualify, and it might not. Just depends on the audience that night. 7 points

AlekS

Veteran
Katya was live on Insta yesterday and she took her acoustic guitar and played SHUM.
Beware of TOO SCREAMY VOCALS!!! :rolleyes: Kidding! xrofl

ps. She's so quiet because it was 23:00 and our polite queen :cool: didn't want to disturb her neighbours. Her lamp turned off in the middle of the song but she continued playing in the dark.

Of course she didn't reveal anything about their May performance.
But she said she will show 1 of her tattoos on the collarbone (one shoulder dress/top? xheat)
Not a word about staging, but: "What did you expect, that I'll be standing there in a dress, just singing? :lol: We are going to make this party dance! xyaay"

Top Bottom