7 4.2%

3 1.8%

16 9.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Ukraine-scaled.jpg

Fierro

My personal Final TOP-6 based on Vidbir live performances only.

1. Krut'
2. Khayat
----------------
3. David Axelrod (song is atrocious, I still don't deny it)
4. Tvorchi (he HAS problems with his mouth)
5. Go-A (idk, this is offputting to me)
6. Jerry Heil

Realest

Is there any realistic Chance that Khayat wins?

Realest

I just noticed that Bettingodds appeared. I might have Luck in the End.

1Khayat - Call for Love34%2.351.22
2Tvorchi - Bonfire28%2.652
3Jerry Heil - Vegan24%3.242.02
4Krutь - 9912%7.41.22
5Go-A - Solovey2%482.1
6David Axelrod - Horizon<1%244

kamc

Is there any realistic Chance that Khayat wins?

The odds are against him (well except for the bookies I guess) as no one who hasn’t won a semi-final has gone on to win Vidbir before.
However, he is also changing his performance for the final so hopefully it will be even better, and he was only 4% behind Tvorchi in the televote so he isn’t completely out of the race....let’s keep our fingers crossed for him!

ClaudiuP

Yeah this is fair.
My personal Final TOP-6 based on Vidbir live performances only.

1. Krut'
2. Khayat
----------------
3. David Axelrod (song is atrocious, I still don't deny it)
4. Tvorchi (he HAS problems with his mouth)
5. Go-A (idk, this is offputting to me)
6. Jerry Heil

The Tvorchi guy can't sing. :( Love the song though.

njdevils94

Veteran
Semi 1 review - https://www.escunited.com/forum/threads/ukraine-2020.18795/page-50

Full Review and Ranking of Vidbir Semifinal 2

1. Moonzoo feat. F.M.F. Sure - Maze

The beat is cool but I find most of the song pretty average. To be fair this is a tricky song to stage. The rap didn't really add anything to this.

2. FO SHO - Blck Sqr

Quite powerful performance from FO SHO. This was very USA hip-hop. Wouldn't be out of place over here. Not my style of music but the audience clearly really like it. The song refers to the Black Square painting by Kazimir Malevich. A shame they couldn't squeak into the final

3. Elina Ivashchenko - Get Up

I believe Elina could represent Ukraine one day but it was never going to be with this song. That being said the creative team did a fantastic job with the visuals here and her voice is very strong. The red shoes layed out all over the stage was a choice though. Give her a better song in a couple years and she will contend to win the selection.

4. Oleksandr Poriadynskyi - Savior

Way too basic of a power ballad for me to really get behind. His English is not great. That being said still far better than David Axelrod. Like his baritone voice. Once again the visuals were great but the song is just very basic. The backing singers lifted up the chorus a bit for me. I guess the talent-show fans got this up to 3rd in the tele-vote.

5. Garna - Who We Are?

Garna got Assol-ed! (last with both jury and public).

I love the music and beat to this but the performance was really messy. Another singer with poor diction. Unlike in studio the song live became a vocal exercise in the last minute of it which wasn't all pleasant on the ears. The flute was a welcomed edition at least.

6. Khayat - Call for Love

Ever was more my style to be honest. Very different from the folk style he did last year. However, I can see this pulling a Melovin next week and winning on his 2nd attempt. Still not completely sold on it but can't deny the staging looked slick and the dance moves are nice too. Right now he is the odds favorite. Interested to see if he adds more to his staging next week.

7. David Axelrod - Horizon

Oh god why did he think bringing Roko's wings was a good idea. xpuke

So much cheese. He's a good performer but this song is so past its time. Surprised it mad the final. None of the judges had it higher than 3rd and it was 4th with the public. I expect it will finish 6th on the weekend.

8. Tvorchi - Bonfire

No shock this one the tele-vote as it got by far the largest reception from the crowd. They brought good energy but Jeffrey was definitely pitchy at times. He needs to improve for the final in that aspect.
pray.gif
Still my favorite of the night though. Along with Krutь this was the only other song to go over the 20 percent mark with the audience.

:ua: Vidbir Semifinal 2
1. Tvorchi - Bonfire
2. Garna - Who We Are?
3. Khayat - Call for Love
4. FO SHO - Blck Sqr
5. Elina Ivashchenko - Get Up
6. Moonzoo feat. F.M.F. Sure - Maze
7. Oleksandr Poriadynskyi - Savior
8. David Axelrod - Horizon

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
I kind of like Bonfire, but thought that he was kind of out of tune live. But apart from that fact, Ukraine isn't my favorite section this year. :(

Alaska49

Is it just me, or does "Bonfire" sound a bit like the song from the Hungarian selection last year? I don't remember the name of the song.
roses by the middletonz! it was the first thing i noticed about it. one of the many robbed icons in that selection.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Go_A have a great song, but If Ukraine pick Tvorchi, their 100% qualification record might be in danger.

• Hatrið
Reactions: Mrm

Alaska49

lol ukraine qualifies with anything that isn't david axelrod

tvorchi is great and y'all will deal

Fierro

When I tried to put money on bookmaker site my bank cabinet has rejected transaction attempt 2 times. I think this is a strange omen, so I will wait

Top Bottom